Mazda Roadster (MX-5) / Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Deep Forest Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Mazda Roadster (MX-5) / Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Deep Forest Raceway

DT#65 - Mazda Roadster (MX-5) ~ Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Deep Forest Raceway.png DT#65 - Mazda Roadster (MX-5) ~ Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Deep Forest Raceway - ER car list.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[DT#65] - Mazda Roadster (MX-5) ~ Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Deep Forest Raceway.jpg

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
As you all had problems even with Shawn's tune, i tried GR_Drifter's, but used less Power and CH tires front and back. After some tries got me 82xx points, good enough for me. :)

Stock Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98 but changed to CH.

All MX-5 are underpowered to their stock tires so i need other tires.
Tried the stock cheapest NA which was still not enough even on CH so NB next.

I'm running a Roadster RS (NC) with only an oil change, and fitted with the custom gears and custom suspension, but no changes to either. Think I also added the racing clutch and lightweight prop shaft - basically all the non-PP mods except the diff. CH rear, CM front. 7344 points after about five minutes of trying, it's definitely capable of gold without any more tuning if I can string my best sectors together.

The scoring zones are set up very differently to most other drift events. Usually you can initiate your drift at the start flags, or even before them. The best line for a few of the zones here seems to involve starting the drift well after the start flag.

Back