Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 Tune by TeamLotusGT5 (VIDEO INSIDE @ TRIAL MT.)

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 23 comments
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
Please comment on our tune in this thread and in our main thread (link below)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=138533

Mazda MX-5 7500Street
Based on: Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

Price of Stock Car: 25,000 cr.
Price of Tuning: 220,000 cr. (Roughly)

Power: 266bhp
Weight: 931kg
Power to Weight Ratio: Approx 285.71bhp
0-62 Time: 3.8 secs
Top Speed: 143mph
0 - 143 Time: 20.1 secs

Recommended settings:
All driving aids off
ABS = 1

Madza MX-5's of old were known as hair dressers cars for people who hadn't driven them and brilliantly balanced sports for those who have. The most modern version, however, seems to have left its roots slightly and put on a bit of weight. I tend to think of it as an athlete gone to seed. No need to worry, however, because this tune brings back the feeling of the first MX-5's! A perfectally balanced little car. A car you can take to the track, and comfortably drive home again. Enjoy.

PARTS TO PURCHASE:

Body/Chassis: Rigidity Improvement
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Engine: Sports ECU
Stage 1, 2 and 3 Engine Tuning

Intake System: Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter

Exhaust: Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Turbo Kits: None

Transmission: Fully Customisable Transmission

Drivetrain: Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD

Suspension: Fully Customisable Kit

Tyres: Sprots Soft

Drivetrain Settings:
LSD:
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 40
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Suspension Settings: Front Rear
Suspension:
Ride Height Adjustment (mm) -20 -16
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.8 6.0
Dampers (Extension): 3 5
Dampers (Compression): 3 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 1 2

Wheel Alignment:
Camber Angle (-): -1.5 -0.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.30

Brakes: 7 3

Last edited:

Fixed that for you.

Terrible lines man. Terrible lines.

I did a 1:29.5 in an NC of the same specs with a setup designed for S3s at Tsukuba with downforce... Which meant lots and lots of oversteer under braking (and almost dying at one point due to a dirt drop). You should be entering turn 3 at 118ish and exiting at 114 or so instead of kamikaze entering turn 1 and 2 then braking because you're way inside for turn 3. There's a few others where you're not even holding as much speed as I do on S3s as well.

Fixed that for you.

I did a 1:29.5 in an NC of the same specs with a setup designed for S3s at Tsukuba with downforce... Which meant lots and lots of oversteer under braking (and almost dying at one point due to a dirt drop). You should be entering turn 3 at 118ish and exiting at 114 or so instead of kamikaze entering turn 1 and 2 then braking because you're way inside for turn 3. There's a few others where you're not even holding as much speed as I do on S3s as well.

I know my lines are off but I was trying to prove a point on how stable the car is.. Im using a DS3 for now because I upgraded to fanatec and it hasnt arrived yet, not that thats much of an excuse...

Fixed that for you.

It was my 3rd attempt with the car, im not an expert at this track :/

Roadster does my head in with a wheel! Tail happy as fook. Have not checked yet but may see if there's a wing available for it

Well I think the Team Lotus tune is sweet. On S3's,full weight reduction, and 210hp worth of engine moeds (intake,filter,sport exhaust & ecu) I can get into the 1:02's @ Tsubuka.

It is very stable, almost too stable, but I can tweak it a bit more to my preference. I'd imagine that anything I'd do to make it a bit more oversteery would slow it down though.

Cheers.

I found this tune growing on me as I got further into a nurburgring lap! good job

BTW I run this on my stock car with just full suspension and race tires. very fun to drive!

I aint a fan of this tune. It's probably my driving but the back end jsut goes out on Tsukuba all the time. I'm not even applying that much power! What can I alter to change that?

Cheers

I aint a fan of this tune. It's probably my driving but the back end jsut goes out on Tsukuba all the time. I'm not even applying that much power! What can I alter to change that?

Cheers

Lower the acceration sensitivity on the L.S.D.

Less than putting race slicks on it does.

Either you make a full race MX-5 or you make one in the spirit of the car plus a bit.

Yeah maybe it was a bit stupid with the wheels. Tweaking it to run on Sports softs as we speak :)

Tks for the tune.

In the beginning when i saw the tune i was a bit reluctant to try it because it is way different to a standard FR tune i usually do.
But im glad i tried it.

Steady whilst allowing for rear end sliding.
Very forgiving also.

Used this tune to do all the races in the new seasonal race NR-A Roadster cup.

I bumped my top speed to around 170 cause my car has 326HP don't know why you put tunes on here if the car is not maxed out. This is a good tune but would like to see maxed tunes

Back