Mazda speed 6 VCD

  • Thread starter Thread starter drjoe1977
  • 21 comments
  • 1,118 views
Messages
53
The mazda speed 6 is awd but doesnt have the VCD option in the mazda parts bin. I know the cars is a fwd based but can split the power 50/50 when racing. Some others cars in the game are awd and fwd based but have the VCD option available. This really hurt such a great car. Is this a game error (maybe my game)or PD just screw this car for some reason? This car is really a nice package, good handling, nice torque and can go 142mph in la sarthe straights in stock form.
 
If the game doesn't define what layout the car is then I don't think you can put layout specific parts on the car. In the layout section does it say "--"?
 
Last time I checked it doesn't specify if its fwd or awd. I always though it was fwd.
 
PD screwed up this very nice car.
Mazda Speed 6 is AWD and turbo.
If I remember correctly you cannot enter it into the 4WD races.
You also can not enter it into FWD races.
It is definetly not MR or FR.
I also think another Mazda 6 prize car has similar issues with PD not knowing the drivetrain layout and thus excluding it from the FWD races.
 
Uncle Harry
PD screwed up this very nice car.
Mazda Speed 6 is AWD and turbo.
If I remember correctly you cannot enter it into the 4WD races.
You also can not enter it into FWD races.
It is definetly not MR or FR.
I also think another Mazda 6 prize car has similar issues with PD not knowing the drivetrain layout and thus excluding it from the FWD races.
mabe they defind it as a FF car?
 
Master_Yoda
mabe they defind it as a FF car?


Vonie
If the game doesn't define what layout the car is then I don't think you can put layout specific parts on the car. In the layout section does it say "--"?

Vonie already answered that a few posts above.
The Drivetrain is shown "--" in the spec table.
 
Uncle Harry
Vonie already answered that a few posts above.
The Drivetrain is shown "--" in the spec table.
when you go to the garage and see what catagory it falls under, lots of cars show up as "--"
 
That's a really annoying oversight by PD. I would have loved to race more Mazda 6's, but both the 6 touring car and the 6 sedan (concept) are listed as "--" Also, the touring car is FF in real life; I'm not sure why they made it 4WD in the game.
 
Just get a 6 Touring Car that look smuch better and is faster and has 4WD.
 
I think the problem may be that when the game was devloped, the Mazdaspeed 6 was still a concept, and didn't know what drivetrain they were going to use, or didn't let anybody know what it was. When PD did the game, they didn't have all the info they needed. I dunno. Maybe.
 
It's a concept car and VCD is useless because the computer in the car handle that, which is why you can't equip it. Mazdaspeed 6 is AWD but the torque split is automatic read here .

Being a concept there may have been things that weren't disclosed to PD, but according to the link, you can't fiddle with this car's torque split between front and rear.
 
SavageEvil
It's a concept car and VCD is useless because the computer in the car handle that, which is why you can't equip it. Mazdaspeed 6 is AWD but the torque split is automatic read here .

Being a concept there may have been things that weren't disclosed to PD, but according to the link, you can't fiddle with this car's torque split between front and rear.

The Mazda 6's in GT4 are the 2004 models by the way, they were out on the roads about 1 year before GT4 was released, so they should of known the drive train specs.
 
SavageEvil
It's a concept car and VCD is useless because the computer in the car handle that, which is why you can't equip it. Mazdaspeed 6 is AWD but the torque split is automatic read here .

Being a concept there may have been things that weren't disclosed to PD, but according to the link, you can't fiddle with this car's torque split between front and rear.

If I had enough money and took my car to the right person I am sure I could change the computer and install a VCD on my Mazda Speed 6, (fit a Subura unit), if I had one.
The fact that the VSD is not on the parts list in the game for this car is an oversight on PD's behalf and nothing to do with if it is possible in real life or if the car has a computer controlling the torque split.
Skyline GT-R's have a computer controlling torque split in real life but you can add a VCD in GT.
 
Actually, MS6's are FWD using the rear wheels only during front wheel slippage.
 
Raghavan
Actually, MS6's are FWD using the rear wheels only during front wheel slippage.

Which equals AWD as any FWD with 250 - 270 hp will cause the front wheels to loss traction.
 
Uncle Harry
Which equals AWD as any FWD with 250 - 270 hp will cause the front wheels to loss traction.
Not in daily driving.
 
Raghavan
Not in daily driving.

It would appear that it never rains where you live, nobody ever applies full throttle from standing starts, performance cars are bought by very careful drivers, your roads have perfect grip at all times and daily driving is never on dirt or gravel roads.
Come to Sydney and have your eyes opened. Where the roads are crap, every body uses full throtle from trafic lights, performance cars are driven hard, and the roads are as slippery as hell after rain.
 
Uncle Harry
It would appear that it never rains where you live, nobody ever applies full throttle from standing starts, performance cars are bought by very careful drivers, your roads have perfect grip at all times and daily driving is never on dirt or gravel roads.
Come to Sydney and have your eyes opened. Where the roads are crap, every body uses full throtle from trafic lights, performance cars are driven hard, and the roads are as slippery as hell after rain.

Ahhh stop ya complaining, Sydney's roads are way better than ours. I live in Tasmania by the way.
 
uncle harry -

You are forgetting that certain things are allowed during manufacturing agreements, and that may not have been an option that PD was allowed to include, this is all wheel drive as no more than 50% of power goes to rear wheel at any given time. I don't think VCD control units are manufacturer allowed changes to road vehicles anyway, just remember the section where you do the bulk of your tuning in the game, at the manufacturer.

Raghavan-

in the link I posted the Mazdaspeed 6 is AWD, and the one in the game is AWD

eastley-

the Mazdaspeed 6 which the thread is about is the 2005 concept model, which comes AWD as all 6 come with from that point on.
 
eastley
Ahhh stop ya complaining, Sydney's roads are way better than ours. I live in Tasmania by the way.

I have driven in Tasmania.
Things to be aware of.
Logging trucks,
HQ Holden drivers on the wrong side of the road,
Tasmanian Devils,
Ships knocking down bridges.

I think Tassie is great by the way 👍
 
Uncle Harry
I have driven in Tasmania.
Things to be aware of.
Logging trucks,
HQ Holden drivers on the wrong side of the road,
Tasmanian Devils,
Ships knocking down bridges.

I think Tassie is great by the way 👍

Yeah, it ain't bad.

I'm in Launceston by the way.
 
Back