McLaren MSO 650S Spider 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 24 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents the McLaren MSO 650S Spider 2015

The McLaren P1 and 650S are two of the world’s most capable supercars. But McLaren felt that both needed a bit of a boost by its MSO (McLaren Special Operations) department. So come this year’s Pebble Beach, we’ll see three very special McLarens taking to the lawn.

The first will be the 650S MSO Spider. Seen below with the blinding blue paint job, it’s easy to notice that some minor changes have been made to the exterior. The front fascia has a new look when compared to the standard model, new wheels are fitted, and the doors sills carry MSO markings. Not much to shout about.

140d9q9.jpg

16c44tu.jpg

mclaren-logo-2.jpg

VOTE FOR THE OTHER McLarens

Last edited:
That is one ugly looking thing in that colour. In fact I do not think the P1 front styling suits this car at all. It really needs the black section from the standard 650S front bumper otherwise it looks too bluff.

Are you kidding?
:crazy:
I am serious. I think the MP4 is aesthetically more cohesive, although a little too conservative, while the 650S front looks tacked on. It certainly doesn't work with the rear styling. The Ferrrari 458 Italia, 458 Speciale and Huracan, to me, are in a different league altogether.

I realise I am going to be in the minority in this thread if not all alone...

I am serious. I think the MP4 is aesthetically more cohesive, although a little too conservative, while the 650S front looks tacked on. It certainly doesn't work with the rear styling. The Ferrrari 458 Italia, 458 Speciale and Huracan, to me, are in a different league altogether.

I realise I am going to be in the minority in this thread if not all alone...

All good.
CU

For the guys who don't like the color, which in my opinion is their right to like it or not.

Ever heard of the study Marketing and Branding?
Those students also study the psychology of colors, so I'm sure McLaren will have the best Marketing and Branding people employed. The blue color isn't come out of the blue, there is a reason why they choose it.
No product can satisfy 100% of their customs, McLaren cars are no exception.
That's all I have to say.

It's mainly the bit on the front thats normally black is now body color, which looks off.

You actually think a person with "Azure Flare" as their username has a complete problem with this particular car?

The extra blue paint shifts the weight balance forward just a hair to the front to better balance the car's handling.

(Not really, but that sounds like something McLaren would do.)

Back