McLaren P1 tuning setup

• Thread starter bleeder
  • 4 comments
England
London
Mauler_77
McLaren P1 setup.JPG
i took the P1 out for the first time a couple of hours ago and wasn't overly impressed. it suffers from chronic oversteer out of corners and the high speed braking is very unstable so i thought i'd give it a preliminary tune and share it with you guys. now i'm no expert at all but i've upped the stability under braking massively and am no longer scared to get to power down coming out of tight corners because with this setup it goes in a straight line! just watch those curbs...

things to note:
i have my global steering sensitivity set to 60, throttle & brake at 50, FFB 100, soft steering dampening ON

spindle:
master scale 30
fx 40
fy 44
fz 66
mz 100.01
no smoothing
SoP lat 10
SoP diff 10

(i would've thought wheel settings make a big difference to handling, but i haven't tested it with the defaults)

settings not shown in the setup photo:
brake pressure 93%
brake balance 66%
steering ratio 10.5:1
limited slip acc. lock 80%
limited slip dec. lock 90%

it's also really annoying how you can't see the default settings without resetting your tweaks so can be hard to remember what was even adjusted. need to see that implemented.

i've run it round various tracks and was a joy to drive. try it out, let us know how bad it is or if it works with your own wheel settings.

Last edited:
Back