McLaren Team Kit Purchase... A dilemma.

  • Thread starter Thread starter hawkeye122
  • 6 comments
  • 883 views
Messages
3,915
United States
California
Messages
gdwest1
Hello and such. As a present to myself (With Birthday money) I am going to purchase some McLaren kit, because, well, I want to.

I am putting down $46 for the Limited Edition British Flag Lewis Hamilton Hat, and I figure with a rough budget of $100 US, I could spring for a shirt and not feel too bad.

Heres the problem. On the F1 Store, the team stuff is slightly cheaper($5 or so), and the shipping is $11. But, they only sell the shirts up to 2X.

I'm quite a large guy at 6'4", and 250 pounds. Typically, I wear a 2X in shirts. But I dont want to:
A. Buy a Cotton Shirt (Team Sponsor shirt, as worn under the Overalls) which will likely shrink in the wash.
or
B. Buy a Team Shirt, the sort the engineers wear, but have the "Athletic" fit, which doesnt fit me.



Now, the McLaren store has the shirts in 3X, but they are about $5 more expensive, and the shipping is $25. The order would be more expensive, by about $30.

Has anyone worn a McLaren Shirt? How do they fit? Would I be safe with a 2X?
 
I can only comment from what I own which is a Suzuki MotoGP engineers shirt and found that where I usually take an XL for my lanky limbs, this shirt in XL comes up a bit short on the arms but fits the body well.

That's about all I can say.
 
I bought a McLaren shirt (similar to this one but with a different graphic) a couple of years ago and it was quite tight fitting, and made of a clingy fabric. So my advice would be to go large.
 
Save up for Hamilton's car instead.
 
If their merchandise team is anything like their pit crew they will probably screw up the order anyway.
 
I actually bought the team shirt at the weekend and it arrived yesterday, and it is quite clingy material, but I've got a size bigger than I normally get, so that fits fine. I'd go for the bigger size if you have the spare money :)
 
Back