McLaren Ultimate Series Roadster

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by ProjectWHaT, Aug 16, 2019.

1. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

[​IMG]

Yet another new McLaren has been announced. This time it is a 2-door roadster in the Ultimate Series (Senna and Speedtail). There is no official name yet, however, it'll be available in 2020 and only 399 will be made. It'll use McLaren’s 4.0L V8 twin-turbo engine and produce a little less than the Senna's 789bhp. It'll be lighter than the 1198kg Senna, making it the lightest McLaren car ever.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/exclusive-mclaren-launch-extreme-open-cockpit-speedster

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/mclaren-confirms-new-ultimate-series-speedster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VXR likes this.
  2. TexRex

TexRex Premium

789hp? That's almost 790hp!

3. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I don't think the Senna is that light. Everything I can find claims 1375kg, making it more than 230kg/500lbs heavier than the Mclaren F1...which I believe still is the lightest Mclaren road car ever.

4. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I got that number from the Autocar article. I assumed they would know what they're talking about :lol:

Eunos_Cosmo likes this.
  5. kikie

kikie Premium

No windshield?

People with claustrophobia better not buy this car.

6. Chikane

Chikane

Well at least from those renders it already looks better then the Senna and Speedtail (imho) :)

7. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Shame it’ll change for the US market or not offered at all for legality.

8. 05XR8

05XR8

It's something I still don't understand with motor vehicles. Of course the laws play into the type of vehicle, but the logic is what I'm on about.

This looks like a driver would need a helmet, to operate the car safely. Yet, a motorcyclist is fully exposed on top of the vehicle. Why wouldn't this car that encapsulates the driver, not conform legally, with no windscreen?

bremics likes this.
  9. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Faster than a Senna without a roof.... Smells like danger if you flip it...

10. Aphelion

Aphelion

Looking very nice from those renders to be honest. I am surprised we didnt get 30 completely unintelligable teasers before this one though.