MCRC Modern Muscle Car Madness. Congrats johnnypenso. *Results Posted*

  • Thread starter Thread starter mike 5927
  • 23 comments
  • 1,592 views
Messages
372
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Messages
mike_5927
Modern Muscle Car Madness

Schedule:

Results Posted

Thursday 19th April @ 3PM EDT / 7PM UTC / 8PM BST / 9PM CEST
1:mike 5927 / Mike_5927
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

Thursday 19th April @ 8PM EDT / 12AM UTC / 1AM BST (Friday) / 2AM CEST (Friday)
1:mike 5927 / Mike_5927
2:Cote Dazur / cotedazur06
3:Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso
4:SagarisGTB / sagarismic
5:TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

Stewards:
mike 5927 / Mike_5927
Cote Dazur / cotedazur06
Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso

Tracks:
Laguna Seca
Daytona Road Course
Random Mt Aso Track

Cars:
You will need all three cars.

Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
NCD 35,000cr

Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
Prize car:A-Spec Muscle Car Championship or NCD 40,027cr

Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
NCD 48,500cr

Car Regulations:
Allowed: Wheels, Paint and Oil Change.
Tuning & Tyres:
Chevrolet Camaro: Prohibited (Comfort Soft)
Dodge Challenger: Prohibited (Comfort Soft)
Ford Mustang:Must Install, Sports ECU, Sports Intake Manifold, Sports Exhaust Manifold,
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust and Supercharger. (Sports Hard)

Race Regulations:
Aids: Only ABS allowed
Damage: Light
Tire Wear: On
Grip: Real
Penalty: Off
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Weak
Reverse Grid Order (After first race)

Rules:
GTP OLR Rules

Race wil be hosted in the MCRC Lounge, add PSN: MCRC_Lounge
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of
racing. In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the
coffee cup, and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.

Race Procedure:

Cars Will be chosen based on lobby position. After each race you will switch to the car below on the list (for example, 1st race: Camaro, 2nd race: Challenger and 3rd race: Mustang)

1st in lobby: Chevrolet Camaro
2nd in lobby: Dodge Challenger
3rd in lobby: Ford Mustang
4th in lobby: Chevrolet Camaro etc.

Race 1
10 minutes of qualifying
15 laps @ Laguna Seca

Race 2
10 laps @ Daytona Road Course

Race 3
20 laps @ Random Mt Aso Track


Don't forget to check out the club for future events

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=611
 
Last edited:
I think I might be able to enter :) YIPEE!!!!
 
Sorry, mike. Am already committed on thursdays. Good luck though.
 
Thursday 19th April @ 8PM EDT

Cote Dazur/cotedazur06
 
Sign me up for Thursday 8 pm EDT, Purple and Gold, all cars!!
 
I made a mistake by underlining the MCRC PSN.

Race wil be hosted in the MCRC Lounge, add PSN: MCRC_Lounge
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of
racing. In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the
coffee cup, and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.
 
If interested, bring your muscle car to the MCRC tonite, April 11 at 8H00 Pm EDT / 12h00 GMT, for a Parity Muscle, any tuning up or down goes as long as we have similar pace, short sprint races, door to door racing garanteed.
I will be at the lounge with my green Mach 1 at 11h30 GMT.( might show up at 8H00 PM GMT as well)
See you tonite.
 
I'll be there, in my matte black Challenger.
 
Mike, I will be at the lounge later, but if it is just us, we might want to change plans.
 
Ooh sorry but just realised i'm in the 240RS vs RS200 race in the VCRC.

Plus you are the only person too add the PSN: MCRC_Lounge so far.
 
Sign me up for the later event.

Question: Is the driving line allowed? I ask because I would use it for a random Mt Aso track.
 
The only assist that is enabled is ABS. I left the driving line off as I feel it kind of removes some of the challenge, to have to learn a completely new layout.
 
I would like to get at least 2 or 3 more people signed up for the Euro event and another 1 or 2 for the Americas event.

Also don't forget to add the club PSN.

Race wil be hosted in the MCRC Lounge, add PSN: MCRC_Lounge
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of
racing. In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the
coffee cup, and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.
 
I'm in. I should be able to make the American time slot.
 
Hey guys. I'm real sorry but I gotta cancel. Something came up
 
Congratulations to johnnypenso on the hat trick of victories and thanks everyone for coming tonight. I think it would have been a lot more fun had we got 8/9 racers.

Results

Race 1
10 laps @ Laguna Seca
1st. johnnypenso / johnnypenso (Mustang)
2nd. SagarisGTB / sagarismic (Camaro)
3rd. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 (Challenger)
4th. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 (Camaro)

Race 2
7 laps @ Daytona Roud Course
1st. johnnypenso / johnnypenso (Camaro)
2nd. SagarisGTB / sagarismic (Challenger)
3rd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 (Challenger)
4th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 (Mustang)

Race 3
10 laps @ Mt Aso
1st. johnnypenso / johnnypenso (Challenger)
2nd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 (Mustang)
3rd. SagarisGTB / sagarismic (Mustang)
 
Congratulation to Johnny for an imperial performance:bowdown:, won all the races with no one to be in a position to do anything about it. I wish I would have been in a position to make it a little more challenging for you, but I was to far behind. The only way I could be ahead would have been if the race had been longer and then you would had been in a position to lap me.:lol:
I will keep on improving, maybe one day we will be in the same league.
Or one day :idea:we will be in a lounge where we can drive cars that will equalized our big talent discripancy and then we will have a race.:cheers:
 
Thanks Cote...I think...:guilty:

The VCRC is the place I have learned to drive cars on CS and SH tires for sure. I really never drove spec cars on spec tires before the VCRC. I remember my first VCRC event way back before Punch took her break was in a 100 hp Spitfire and I couldn't keep the car on the track and spun several times in three races...lol. The key really is to not overdrive the car...less is more is my motto.

The racing was fun in spite of the low turnout. Each car was completely different in character which was a challenge in itself, and each track was also different. I think I lucked out and got the right car for each track to be honest:sly:

Good job Mike and looking forward to the next event!!
 
Thanks Cote...I think...:guilty:

!!

The praised are deserved, you are a very good driver and a gentleman, both on the track and in your post. Also very nice of you to try to help me raise my game with pertinent advise both in thread and personnal message.
I am a fan.👍
 
Back