McSoap's Drift thread!

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 3 comments

Phoenix

Premium
Norway
Norway
Well, me as many others enjoy drifting...

And I spend about 95% of my online time drifting with friends.

Im "only" using the SLS AMG, since its my favorite car.
And i've figured out its a great car to drift with aswell, even with no tuning (gearing, suspension etc)

My question is though...

Any tips to make it a even better drifter?

Slam it to the ground. Also increasing rear tire PSI will make it more slide happy, decreasing gives more grip. Increasing your toe-in will give sharper/snappier turn responsiveness, be careful though cause overdoing makes it near impossible to keep in a straight line, esp. at high speeds. Adjusting the final drive ratio will lower top speed but is the best way to increase acceleration/wheel spin ability. If you already like the car as it is and can drift fine with it then don't worry about tuning it, only adds more complexity and frustration getting the setup dialed in/having the car behave very poorly if you dont have it tuned properly. The only point in modifying/tuning would be if you need to extract more performance from the car such as higher speed drifts or more insane angles e.g. simply being unable to match a competitor due to your car's performance limitations. Until then, just drift!

Thanks for the tips Mackay...

I guess I just want it to slip a bit easier when in 1st gear.
Usually need 2nd/3rd gear to drift with, 2nd in hairpins.

If it doesn't already have one, put a race limited slip differential in from the drivetrain section. Increasing the final drive ratio (I usually run 4.12, a lot of people go high 4's or even 5's) will make the wheels spin muuuuch easier.

Latest Posts

Back