Mel's Surprise Spec Racing Club - Aussie V8s - Saturday - 6 PM GMT+1! New members welcomeOpen 

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener
Surprise Spec Racing (SSR)
This revolution in Spec Racing is brought to you by me, the creator of International Touring Car Championship, Bring Your Real Car (BYRC Autocross/Time Attack) and several other GT6 racing series. I have offered some of the best racing on GTPlanet.net since GT5. This time, I'm bringing something entirely new to the table: Surprise Spec Racing.

Racing will take place on Saturdays at 6 PM GMT+1.

The Premise:
Our goal with SSR is to create Spec racing that is based entirely on driver's talent. We do not aim for overall speed, we want to see how talented you are.

We will achieve this by using the following techniques:

• No practice! Practice will be opened only 1 hour before the races begin. You have 45 minutes of open practice time only before races begin. You then are entered straight into qualifying - without delay - and will race.
  • No setups! Tuning your car is specifically banned. Upgrading your car is specifically banned. Aero parts are banned! Rim changes - because they may affect performance - are banned! Painting your car, and oil change is acceptable - that's all you can do.
  • No preparation! All you have to do is show up with the car we select for that week. You won't even know which track we're racing at, so all week long, you cannot practice.
  • No collisions! We do not accept dirty/unsportsmanlike driving. Drivers who display such behaviour will be penalized. Small bumps are acceptable, provided they are small, unintentional, and do not cause the other driver to lose control - if you spin yourself, that's too bad.
  • Divisional Qualifying! You will be racing against drivers who are nearest to you in pace. We aim to have two or three fully functioning divisions - based on an event by event qualifying system - with the fastest drivers advancing to Division 1, and the slower drivers fitting perfectly into Division 3. There should be at least 8 drivers per division, or otherwise the divisions will be re-joined.
We do this so that you - and everyone else you're racing with - are on the most even footing possible. In some other spec racing series, there's no one to control how much practice a driver can complete during the week. Some drivers can spend in excess of 30 hours a week practicing for one race! :eek: In SSR, you can not spend more than 45 minutes practicing, because you don't know which track we're going to. The series director announces it publicly exactly 5 minutes before the lobby opens. All you need to do is bring the selected car to the track the series director chooses in the lobby the series director opens.

Last edited:
The Example:
Week 1: Jeff Gordon NASCAR #24 2013 (career mode prize car week)
Week 2: Ford (Australia) Falcon XR8 (purchase required)
Week 3: Nissan Silvia Spec-R AERO (S15) Touring Car '02 (purchase required, repaintable)
Week 4: Subaru Impreza GT500 Base Model (purchase required, repaintable)
Week 5: PDI Formula Gran Turismo (purchase required)
Week 6: Red Bull X2014 JR. (career mode prize car week)
Week 7: Toyota 86GT Race Car Base Model (purchase required, repaintable)
(continues indefinitely)

We will not post tracks in the thread until 5 minutes before the event. You simply bring the car you've chosen to the circuit that the series director chooses 5 minutes before the event.

The Races:

• 15 minute qualifier, Qualify Alone
  • weather change at weather changeable tracks ON
  • Time change at time changeable tracks ON - except in cars with no headlights (NASCAR)
  • Tuning Prohibited
  • No performance restrictions - all cars must be the one we've selected
  • Slipstream strength: REAL
  • Grip reduction: REAL
  • Race lengths: variable, never longer than 1 hour.
  • Race quality: Standard to start with, will be adjusted according to connection issues and lag issues to provide the best racing possible with fewest internet errors
  • Race Type: Race for REAL
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • # of participants: 16
  • Voice chat quality: Disabled to start with, will be adjusted according to connection issues and lag issues
  • Room Comment: SSR Spec - [car name abbreviated]
  • Room Privacy: OPEN
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled
  • Start type: Grid start with false start OR rolling start (ovals)
  • Grid Order: fastest first
  • Boost: OFF
  • Penalty: NONE
  • Tire wear/Fuel Consumption: variable, never "OFF," normally "NORMAL" excluding when specified
  • Mandatory pit stop: 0
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 seconds* (See Rule #2)
  • Visible Damage: OFF (creates unnecessary lag/connection issues)
  • Mechanical Damage: OFF (keeps things fair, no lag spikes will cause someone to need to pit)
  • Skid Recovery Force: Disallowed
  • Driving Line: Allowed in lowest division
  • Active Steering: Disallowed
  • Active Stability Management: disallowed
  • Traction Control: Allowed in lowest division
  • ABS: Allowed in lowest division

The Voting:
Voting will decide the circuit and car choice. Car/vehicle voting will occur one week before the circuit vote. Circuit vote will happen on the week after the announcement of the vehicle. Circuit vote will be 100% secret. Circuit vote will be anonymous, although only one vote is allowed per member, so you will be asked to supply a name via Google Docs to ensure that no non-members can vote, and that members can only vote once. Voting is 100% optional.

Sample vote ballot:

This week, we'll be driving the Renault Mégane Trophy. It has approximately 200 hp and is a front-wheel-drive hot hatch.

Please type in your GTP name so we can validate your vote:

Please select your choice of track from the following list of (multiple choice) circuits:

o-Apricot Hill
o-Bathurst
o-Motegi
o-Spa
o-Madrid
o-Monaco
o-London
o-Tokyo
o-Ascari
o-Autumn Ring
o-Nürburgring

Send Form

Type your GTP name in the space provided, select one (1) track, and then click "Send Form." If you click the wrong circuit, you can edit your choice after clicking "Send Form."

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mfAi_tE6LdmC5fFvZiOordXwJ9OIojdvMhk-4d6VExU/viewform

Total time: 25 seconds

The Rules:

1. Do not cause another driver to lose control in any way. Do not slow or impede another driver. Do not force another driver off of the circuit. Do race hard, race clean, and race fun. Do apologize for mistakes. Yes, they happen, and it's okay as long a you have the right attitude about it and make sure it doesn't happen too often.
  2. Do not cause unnecessary delays - coming unprepared, stopping on-track and waiting for the 180 second timer delay unnecessarily, and backing out once race countdown timer has begun will be punished according to the penalty system outlined further below.
  3. Always come prepared with the vehicle of choice if you choose to attend the race for that week. If you choose not to attend the race for that week, you may. You will not need to purchase the vehicle/prepare the vehicle if you choose to sit out.
  4. No chat during qualifying or races unless vital to the function of the lobby.
  5. All GTPlanet OLRs and AUP rules are in effect.

The Penalties:
If you (consistently) do not follow the above rules, the default penalties are:

• Small/minor mistake on circuit: 5 second penalty (excessive corner cutting, excessive bumping)
  • Large mistake on circuit: can range from 20 seconds to disqualification from next round
  • Repeat offense: Disqualification from round multiplied by the number of offenses, multiplied by the number of vehicles spun and/or corners cut
  • Unnecessary chat during qualifying/race after receiving warning: 10 second penalty
  • Repeat offense: 10 second penalty multiplied by number of messages multiplied by number of offenses (3 messages x second offense = 1 minute/60 seconds)

Post your PSN name, enjoy the racing! :)

Registered drivers:

-MrMelancholy15
-nascarfan1400
-Matheus-007
-xflow1390

Registration now open.

Last edited:
Will we be racing this next Saturday? Or are you waiting till we have more drivers?

This Saturday will be the day when the first car poll begins. There are still only a few loose ends to tie up, on my end, involving the polls.

However, if other people are interested, I may just toss a V8SC race in this Saturday to get things started. :)

So, a few updates:

@GTracer98 has expressed interest. 👍

I'm about to start working on the circuit voting system's final version, which will be roughly duplicated week-by-week, mainly just to express the car we'll be using according to the car voting system (which will be much more difficult... 1100+ cars to pick from :lol: So, I'll have to set criteria based on what we're doing week-by-week and/or see which performance group is most popular...)

So I'll start with both for finalized versions to be released this Saturday...

And I'll announce the race car that we'll be driving on Saturday after a short bit of drive-ability (control) testing, just to make a decision on tires.

Can I have a link to a full sized image? :D
I don't have a full sized image. You're dragging me away from my original purpose so I'll cut to the chase.

Quite the interesting idea you have there Andrew, I need my GT6 copy before I can do anything though.

I don't have a full sized image. You're dragging me away from my original purpose so I'll cut to the chase.

Quite the interesting idea you have there Andrew, I need my GT6 copy before I can do anything though.
When does it release in Volcano Bases?

Thanks! I hope you receive your copy of GT6 shortly. I wouldn't want you to miss out on the fun...

6855754076_e2941f3152_z.jpg

LS_map_1.jpg

The Subaru BRZ R&D Sport (GT300) '12 is available through online one-make racing. It features a 4 cylinder boxer engine and a front-engined, rear-wheel-drive layout. This high downforce GT300 monster takes corners at a surprisingly high-speed, despite its low power. This car will see its Surprise Spec Racing début on the 18th of January in the only ever round where we tell you the circuit and car in advance.

Details:
  • This car will be made available only through One-Make Race in the online lobby. You will not be able to test the car outside of online lobby.
  • We will be allowing all aids during the races on Jan. 18th except: Active Steering, Skid Recovery Force, and Active Stability Management
  • Car will be run with Racing Hard tires
  • Race will be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Race length will be 15 laps
  • Standing Start grid
  • 10 minute "Race Alone" qualifying
  • Entering pit lane expressly prohibited excluding before Turn 11 (final turn)
  • You must not cross blue/white striped lines and hit the pylons on the inside of the circuit
  • All other sections of track are acceptable for use
  • If you exit pits, you must stay to the left side of the circuit and not cross blue/white lines.

@ITCC_Andrew is there going to be a certain series each week?

Which type of series do you mean? Cars will not always be race cars. Sometimes, we'll have street cars, concept cars, race cars (silhouette cars, GT cars, touring cars, and NASCARs), prototypes (LMP, Deltawing), and formula cars.

YOU MUST RACE LFA ANDREW

We don't repeat cars too often. If you want to be in this race, you need to get GT6 before we run it. This way, you get to participate. :) Go find your mailman and shove a shoe in his PS3 or something. He's been playing too much GT6.

Start time?

As the OP states:

Racing will take place on Saturdays at 6 PM GMT+1.

:) That will be 2.5 hours before ITCC race.

Back