MENU 26 PROBLEM, i can't buy/don't have a dirt truck

• Thread starter jett234
  • 22 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Hi
i am on MENU 26, I am able to buy dirt tyres and i modified a cars but I couldn't enter race (it was a mini cooper). Do I need a dirt truck before i can enter these races? I don't have any in my collection, i don't have a Tundra or a Raptor and that's what it suggests use, how can i enter this circuit/race if i don't have any? I have uploaded the Regulation Violation photo. Is this a glitch?

Thanks

Attachments

• dirt truck.jpg
    dirt truck.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hi
i am on MENU 26, I am able to buy dirt tyres and i modified a cars but I couldn't enter race (it was a mini cooper). Do I need a dirt truck before i can enter these races? I don't have any in my collection, i don't have a Tundra or a Raptor and that's what it suggests use, how can i enter this circuit/race if i don't have any? I have uploaded the Regulation Violation photo. Is this a glitch?

Thanks

So. You forgot to buy a truck.

b40.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's pretty explanatory.
Says plain and simple, it's required (the only requirement honestly) to enter on a Toyota Tundra or a Ford F-150. Can't figure why anybody would think a Mini Cooper would be a fit, and on dirt tires, on asphalt (OK, the other race is on dirt, I will give you that)...
Buy the Tundra, as you will win the F-150 in one of the races.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to point out the obvious .. but yes, it says there on the screen that you need either of those two trucks to compete. Head to Brand Central and get either one.
Thanks i was trying to go to my usual place i.e. the garage. I'm now in :):) It's a bit of a slow vehicle , what do you suggest I buy to to up my speed for this truck?

Thanks.

Thanks i was trying to go to my usual place i.e. the garage. I'm now in :):) It's a bit of a slow vehicle , what do you suggest I buy to to up my speed for this truck?

Thanks.
Less weight, more power and Fully customizable racing transmission. ( you will need to change the transmissions final drive/gears per track.
Now that I think about it just buy it all. I’d start in the racing department and move back from there. Hopefully this isn’t as confusing as I seem to be making. 🍻

Less weight, more power and Fully customizable racing transmission. ( you will need to change the transmissions final drive/gears per track.
Now that I think about it just buy it all. I’d start in the racing department and move back from there. Hopefully this isn’t as confusing as I seem to be making. 🍻
No that's good thanks.

Thanks.
Weight reduction, power upgrades, gearbox, and brakes.

One thing I found annoying here is that the manufacturer is not shown alongside the car names. Pickups are really uncommon here and I had no idea who was the manufacturer of a Tundra.
F150 is more known but still I wouldn't expect it to be known everywhere...

@timekiller001 Check this next time.

Are people so unwilling to put effort into this game that they cant even be bothered to read the screen?
Some say the menu systems is too much strict and tunneled, with no optional paths, so some people try to put a twist on it :D
Like: "Hum, this is a race for pick up trucks on asphalt... What about I put dirt tires on a Mini Cooper and go for it?"

Are people so unwilling to put effort into this game that they cant even be bothered to read the screen?
" If you see someone on GTPlanet asking what you believe to be a trivial question, suggest keywords or links or simply ignore their questions altogether. Do not harass them."

One thing I found annoying here is that the manufacturer is not shown alongside the car names. Pickups are really uncommon here and I had no idea who was the manufacturer of a Tundra.
F150 is more known but still I wouldn't expect it to be known everywhere...
Well, the F-150 manufacturer is literally in the Menu 26 card... like, really literally...
And the Tundra - TRD - Toyota Racing Development on the name should be a hint of something.

Attachments

• 1660041575639.png
    1660041575639.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 13
"TRD" should ring a bell tho :scared:

Well, the F-150 manufacturer is literally in the Menu 26 card... like, really literally...
And the Tundra - TRD - Toyota Racing Development on the name should be a hint of something.
All I was trying to say is that it wouldn't hurt to have the manufacturer mentioned there as well. And no, with all abbreviations thrown around nowadays the TRD did not stand out to me

All I was trying to say is that it wouldn't hurt to have the manufacturer mentioned there as well. And no, with all abbreviations thrown around nowadays the TRD did not stand out to me

Yeah, I had to Google tundra as no idea who the hell manufacturers it.

Its not reasonable to think any average player to know about all performance divisions of car manufacturers.
As if all Playstation players knew the names Sherry Birkin, Gabriel Logan or what a Midgar Zolom is.

Fun story: a swiss Opel driver was asking me what a VXR badge means, even his local Opel dealer couldnt tell him.

Last edited:
Its not reasonable to think any average player to know about all performance divisions of car manufacturers.
As if all Playstation players knew the names Sherry Birkin, Gabriel Logan or what a Midgar Zolom is.

Fun story: a swiss Opel driver was asking me what a VXR badge means, even his local Opel dealer couldnt tell him.
Sorry, on the Opel/VXR matter, that's a joke of a dealer, period. VXR isn't really a very well known "badge" outside UK and is reasonable most people never heard of it, a dealer for the brand doesn't know what is selling is just sad.

The rest is just being lazy. The title is "PickUp Truck Race", I guess it it just said you must use a Pick Up Truck would be ok, as in many other restricted races but even mentioning every single car in the game that can be entered (with pictures), always a problem with people. Hej, there is two cars I can use... they said the model but not the brand... hum... there is one of them on the Menu, says it is a Ford... But, and the other one... the name doesn't mean anything to me, I'm not a car world immersed guy... what now?!?!? It's the end of the world or google it??? I guess it's the end of the world.

Back