Mercedes-Maybach GLS

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
With the SUV craze going at full speed, Maybach's making their own SUV with the newly redesigned GLS.

2021-mercedes-maybach-gls-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100719662_h.jpg

2021-mercedes-maybach-gls-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100719664_h.jpg

2021-mercedes-maybach-gls-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100719666_h.jpg

2021-mercedes-maybach-gls-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100719659_h.jpg

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1115761_2021-mercedes-maybach-gls-spy-shots-and-video

There's basically no camo, because it's about to debut most likely in November

Underpinning the redesigned GLS and this Maybach variant is a stretched version of Mercedes’ MHA platform for SUVs sized from the GLC up (excluding the G-Class). The platform is closely related to Mercedes’ MRA platform found in most of the automaker’s sedans and coupes and made its debut in the 2016 GLC.

The standard powertrain is expected to be the regular GLS580's 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-8 which comes mated to a mild-hybrid system and delivers 483 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque. A more powerful plug-in hybrid powertrain, potentially in a GLS680, is expected at some point as well. In both cases a 9-speed automatic and all-wheel drive should be standard. Note, buyers more interested in performance than luxury can look forward to a new GLS63 from Mercedes-AMG.

Being based on the regular GLS, production will be handled at Mercedes' plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Naturally, the Maybach version will come with a much higher price tag than the $76,195 base sticker of the regular GLS, with the starting point rumored to be about $200,000. This will make it a contender to the likes of the Bentley Bentayga, Rolls-Royce Cullinan and potentially something from Aston Martin's rived Lagonda brand.

The revival of Maybach as a Mercedes sub-brand has been a runaway success. For example, almost one out of every 10 S-Classes sold is a Maybach, with China, Russia and the United States gobbling up most of the cars. It's entirely possible the rate will be even higher for the GLS.

Last edited:
That has to be the least effort they could go to to fully define Maybach as nothing more than a trim level and not a brand on a par with Bentley, let alone Rolls Royce.

Better looking than a Bentayga or Cullinan, as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, it comes off as a very lazy gimmick.

I think i saw one the other day.

But was too late to get pictures. In my defense, i was just driving along, and seeing the fines they impose over here, i didn't feel like taking the risk

p78
I think i saw one the other day.

But was too late to get pictures. In my defense, i was just driving along, and seeing the fines they impose over here, i didn't feel like taking the risk
It's fine, it's not worth taking a photo of a regular Mercedes with a chrome grille and complicated paint.

Back