As the title says really! I was doing the Polyphony Digital Cup:race 1 at Tsukuba and 2nd on the grid was the AMG in black. Upon getting near it I noticed it had red wheels, then they would flash to silver and then to black! This kept happening but it was mostly in red. Naturaly I wanted to get a photo of it but no matter what and how long I tried it only ever showed up as silver. Has anyone else come across this or maybe if you do then perhaps you might have better skills in photo mode than me!?
Would the wheels change when you changed your distance from the car? Could be the lower resolution model used when it's further away has a different color than when it's closer? I've noticed the big back wing of some of the NASCAR cars look odd from a distance (dark & blotchy looking) but when I get closer they change and look more normal.
Something similar happened to me with this car. On the replay the wheels were 50 percent bright red/pink, 50 percent normal colored. As soon as you paused the replay they would go back to normal.
Same here had mine paint orange, during the replay the rears were orange and the front were silver, looked really cool. Wish it could be done on purpose like GT4 I think where you could have different rims per tire spec.