Mercedes W08 Worth it? Also, what other cars need to be experienced?

India
India
AfraidRacer
AfraidRacer17
So I'm sitting at 4.5 mil right now, is the W08 a fun car to drive for the sake of driving it alone? Also, what other cars should I experience because they are fun to drive/interesting? I've been looking at the GT40, is that good?

Well you need the W08 for that series of challenges in the leagues if you're into that. Look into all the open wheelers esp. for events.

I feel like all the Gr.C cars are amazing. I would almost say they are the crown jewels of GT Sport and its such a shame there's no way to run them by themselves. All of them drive different all have their own personality. Its $5 mil. though.

I'm not super attracted to the GrX cars unless they are to do events. To me they are more tools and they dont IMO drive as nice as other cars like the Gr1 models.

The $2.8 mil. GT40 MkI - yeah its ok. Its also a good money earner and its also good for 300/400s. I dont think the drive model is that good.

I like the Pagani Huayra at $1,35 and its good at 600.

I'm not a huge fan of the Peugeot 908/Audi R18 2011. I think they seem to suffer from a model that's not that well realised given they are interim models btw. Gr.C and LMP-H.

I feel like the Gr.1 LMP and VGT cars seem to come fairly easily on DWG so dont buy those.

I also like the Gr.2 cars and any of them seem to be well regarded.

Last edited:
So I'm sitting at 4.5 mil right now, is the W08 a fun car to drive for the sake of driving it alone? Also, what other cars should I experience because they are fun to drive/interesting? I've been looking at the GT40, is that good?

Bit of a sore point as I was racing the W08 last night and find it a very tricky car to drive but that could be me being a controller player and it's still on stock setup.

Overall it's a great car to have in the game since it's the only official F1 car we have but it sounds very disappointing to me in the engine note and it does not seem to hold tyre wear very well if you have that sort of thing turned on but that could be because I am running it stock setup.

I would recommend the GT40 though, I have all of them and they are very fun to drive and good to play about with for car setup's so if you have money I would suggest the GT40.

Well you need the W08 for that series of challenges in the leagues if you're into that. Look into all the open wheelers esp. for events.

I feel like all the Gr.C cars are amazing. I would almost say they are the crown jewels of GT Sport and its such a shame there's no way to run them by themselves. All of them drive different all have their own personality. Its $5 mil. though.

I'm not super attracted to the GrX cars unless they are to do events. To me they are more tools and they dont IMO drive as nice as other cars like the Gr1 models.

The $2.8 mil. GT40 MkI - yeah its ok. Its also a good money earner and its also good for 300/400s. I dont think the drive model is that good.

I like the Pagani Huayra at $1,35 and its good at 600.

I'm not a huge fan of the Peugeot 908/Audi R18 2011. I think they seem to suffer from a model that's not that well realised given they are interim models btw. Gr.C and LMP-H.

I feel like the Gr.1 LMP and VGT cars seem to come fairly easily on DWG so dont buy those.

I also like the Gr.2 cars and any of them seem to be well regarded.
Yeah, I don't really care about career, performance or money, just thought it would be nice to spend money on a car that is an experience to drive.
Might consider the 787B, thanks!

Damn guys, I decided to try out the Zonda R that’s sitting for a few months as a garage queen, and ITS SO FUN! Feels amazing to drive, just what I wanted! I’d rank it as one of the most fun cars in GTS, perfect for a trackday! Only other car I’ve had this much fun with is the FD3S, and driving the Zonda without TC is such a rewarding experience!
In fact, since the pace is pretty close to a Gr.3, that might give me a video idea...

I like the SF cars better than the W08, you can’t use the throttle and brake at the same time in the F1 car for some reason, so it’s harder to keep the car balanced mid corner.

Oho! This explains my frustration yesterday with the W08 around Catalunya.

I was trying to brake for the chicane corners at the end of the lap and I must have hit accelerate too soon as the car went left/right and BAM beached in the sand trap and quit race in rage.

Oho! This explains my frustration yesterday with the W08 around Catalunya.

I was trying to brake for the chicane corners at the end of the lap and I must have hit accelerate too soon as the car went left/right and BAM beached in the sand trap and quit race in rage.

Yeah, it’s a weird car to drive. The moment you touch the brake, any throttle input is immediately cut off until you release the brake.

Damn guys, I decided to try out the Zonda R that’s sitting for a few months as a garage queen, and ITS SO FUN! Feels amazing to drive, just what I wanted! I’d rank it as one of the most fun cars in GTS, perfect for a trackday! Only other car I’ve had this much fun with is the FD3S, and driving the Zonda without TC is such a rewarding experience!
In fact, since the pace is pretty close to a Gr.3, that might give me a video idea...

The Fittipaldi EF7 is another really fun car to drive. 👍

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back