Messed up evening sky? Is there a fix?

Canada
Airdrie
So I started multiple sessions at early/mid/late evening many times and it gives me a sky which is blue at the bottom and dark at the top and the sun and moon are nowhere until night actually falls.

Is there a fix for that or is it a common glitch?

(Sorry, I have no idea how to include a screenshot of my game right now.)

Last edited:
I've not heard of this problem before, very odd. It is quite dark in the evening settings. Perhaps try a summer evening, it might be lighter.

Which platform are you on? PC, Xbox or PlayStation?

PC. I'm playing during Summer and anything after Afternoon will be set in a messed up Night time with no sun or moon until night falls then the moon appears.

Quick edit: It happens on PS5 too. I get the same. Summer Evening will be messed up. When I start on Afternoon it'll give a proper evening and all that but when I start it at that time it's going to be a messed up Night sky.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm on PS4 and I can maybe see what you mean. I've not experimented before but it seems that perhaps the evening setting is possibly slightly glitched. And also out of sequence.

Firstly looking at the times on the clocks in some of the cars the evening setting should be placed after both sunset and dusk - the evening setting is later.

Secondly there was a glitch I encountered once (difficult to replicate) where if you select evening initially it'll be nighttime on track but without the moon. If you select sunset or dusk first then back out and select evening it seems to be fine.

Night is never that dark anyway, even in winter. Although that's probably intensional. PC2 seemed darker.

@GTsimms - Have you heard of @SomeGamer2021's issue over on the official forum?

Back