Messing Your Car Up

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yondaime0913
  • 17 comments
  • 1,579 views
Messages
1
Messages
Yondaime0913
Is it possible to total your car if you don't treat it (give it oil changes, overhaul the engine, etc.)? I've been using my Corvette for quite some time and I'm trying to total the car by using it a lot and never changing the oil and stuff. I'm just curious what could happen.

Does anybody have any idea what happens if I continue to use my car and never treat it?
 
you're ridiculous, sorry. lol

but what do you expect to happen, a window popping up with a statement that goes a little bit like this, "You Effed UP!".

I had to say it even though he won't ever read it.
 
Nothing really. Might gradually get a little bit slower but nothing you will really notice.
 
My x2010 has run enough to lower the hp into the 1400's and I haven't changed the oil in quite some time. Nothing has or will happen. The power will just drop a certain amount, changing the oil will get some power back, but after a while only a rebuild will restore it to it's full potential.
 
Let's just hope your 'Vette won't stop in the middle of a race and maybe...oh my goodness...disappear? ;)
 
i hope they patch this. they need to make it where if you dont repair your car it becomes unable to race with... i would like a percentage on the engine and body, this way we know when we have to repair the cars
 
i hope they patch this. they need to make it where if you dont repair your car it becomes unable to race with... i would like a percentage on the engine and body, this way we know when we have to repair the cars

If they do something like this they would have to implement a fully working damage model into the game, instead of these disapearing black spots which should represent damage. Because come on guys, wrecking up your car because you don't change your oil but driving with 480 kmh into a wall with your x2010 and not having a scratch seems a bit ridicolous.
 
TeddyBear-420
i hope they patch this. they need to make it where if you dont repair your car it becomes unable to race with... i would like a percentage on the engine and body, this way we know when we have to repair the cars

I would like engine wear for the endurance races. Push your car too hard and boom! there goes the engine. But a percentile representation of this would be almost self defeating. I can see myself pushing my Ford GT40 in a 25hr 'ring endo and thinking, "Oh please, oh please! Baby just last a couple more laps and I'll give you a complete overhaul and take you out for dinner and dancing, ok? Just two more laps, baby."

Instead I would get: "Let's see, engine repair is down to 10%. That's plenty to last the last two laps. La de da de da..."

But hats just me probably.
 
TeddyBear-420
i hope they patch this. they need to make it where if you dont repair your car it becomes unable to race with... i would like a percentage on the engine and body, this way we know when we have to repair the cars

I would like engine wear for the endurance races. Push your car too hard and boom! there goes the engine. But a percentile representation of this would be almost self defeating. I can see myself pushing my Ford GT40 in a 25hr 'ring endo and thinking, "Oh please, oh please! Baby just last a couple more laps and I'll give you a complete overhaul and take you out for dinner and dancing, ok? Just two more laps, baby."

Instead I would get: "Let's see, engine repair is down to 10%. That's plenty to last the last two laps. La de da de da..."

But thats just me probably.
 
Because come on guys, wrecking up your car because you don't change your oil but driving with 480 kmh into a wall with your x2010 and not having a scratch seems a bit ridicolous.

This will be enhanced in the next update in order to ad more realism:

If you crash at speed exceeding 300 km/h you will instantly die, all game process will be lost and you have to create a new PSN_ID in order to start a new career ...
 
The OP is just plain hilarious :lol: Why would you try to wreck your car. Normally I would say, that to total a 'Vette, just show it a corner, but that sort of doesn't work in GT5.

It's not possible to make a car stop working in GT5, it's not even possible to run out of petrol/diesel/electricity. The car will still be movable, albeit slower. (Guess that's the 'witchcraft get you home' mode)
 
I think this topic gives evidence as to why manufacturers can be reluctant to license their vehicles for use in video games.
 
I have an X2010 with 80,000+ I can't get it back to 1556 hp even with a new engine rebuild. Cars permanently lose power after heavy abuse.
 
The game rolls 300K + mileage cars through the UCD...wonder what % of power they've lost?
Their only purpose I think, is landing you the high mileage trophy.
 
The Japanese programmers have a new patch coming so that only union (UAW) manufactured cars will completely break down with black smoke coming from the hood.

GT5 is very realistic.
 
Back