Met my match?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flem Stetson
  • 9 comments
  • 1,108 views
Messages
14
Messages
none
Hi guys.
I'm 52 and still playing GT. I'm pretty good for my age, but I'm starting to think this version is only for the young.
I just saved up and bought the Peugeot Race Car for 4 million. I assumed that I would then be competitive in races like "All Stars" for example.
Am I just getting too old for these games?
Is the Peugeot not enough car? I maxed out the turbo, up over 800 or so, and if I don't drive perfectly, I don't stand a chance.
Should I give up and take up knitting, or are there cars that would give a guy like me a better chance in the fast races?
I'd appreciate any help, I hate knitting.
Flem Stetson.
 
I'm glad you bought it before me, as I am just about to buy a race car for those events. Maybe I'll check out some others.
 
use the minolta i found it easy with that maxed out
 
What about that evil looking Citroen Race Car? Is that the monster it looks like?
 
use the minolta i found it easy with that maxed out

This.

Skip the All Stars and do Like the Wind in the extreme series (lvl 21) and you'll win the Minolta. You can win the Like the Wind races with a race modded Corvette ZR1 (fully upgrade after the RM).
 
Try to win the Toyota 88C-V. I used it stock (set for maximum downforce) with an oil change and destroyed the field.
 
I used the Peugeot 908 race car for the all-stars event.. I agree that the car is a handful. I had to turn up TCS to 4 to even control the beast. Easy throttle application and short-shifting kept the wheels from kicking out. I'm using a G27 though, so if you're using a controller I have no advice for you.

It's possible to win the series with it, I managed to get 1st in the first 4 races, but I could only manage a 5th at R246 Tokyo. It really depends who your opponents are... if you get a R89CP or another 908 started in the top grid positions and you can't get out front early, they will walk away with it.
 
Im 52 as well, theres always one or two lunatic cars, there was a le mans car in gt4, red one, horrible,complete waste off money. Until old age finally catches up do as i do, take out the hearing aid, take out the false teeth, change that incontinence pad and race . When im too old im going to buy the biggest car,paint it in the worst colour an drive around in the middle of the track slowly just to annoy the youngsters.
 
I am using the Stealth 787B and it aint easy, I must say. Save for slightly longer gears its completely stock and riding on racing hards.

So no - its a pretty tall order to breeze through these races in a ~800hp car (I think the S787B is running at 830-60hp) I'd say.
 
Hi guys.
I'm 52 and still playing GT. I'm pretty good for my age, but I'm starting to think this version is only for the young.
I just saved up and bought the Peugeot Race Car for 4 million. I assumed that I would then be competitive in races like "All Stars" for example.
Am I just getting too old for these games?
Is the Peugeot not enough car? I maxed out the turbo, up over 800 or so, and if I don't drive perfectly, I don't stand a chance.
Should I give up and take up knitting, or are there cars that would give a guy like me a better chance in the fast races?
I'd appreciate any help, I hate knitting.
Flem Stetson.

We won't have anymore of this "too old" stuff.

I'm 57 and just won out the allstars last night with the Minolta Toyota 88C-V.

However I must warn you, that car is a beast.

Only race that was close, as I had a few off track excursions, was the Cape something or other.

Tighten those belts and get up on that wheel.
You can do it!

BTW some lineups are easier than others.

EDIT:
Im 52 as well, theres always one or two lunatic cars, there was a le mans car in gt4, red one, horrible,complete waste off money. Until old age finally catches up do as i do, take out the hearing aid, take out the false teeth, change that incontinence pad and race . When im too old im going to buy the biggest car,paint it in the worst colour an drive around in the middle of the track slowly just to annoy the youngsters.
Love this post :lol:
 
Last edited:
Back