Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater (PS5 Remake)

• Thread starter Mr P
  • 21 comments
lol "in-game footage"
Yeah I was thinking the same after watching it :P but just the news of the actual game being rereleased was enough for me to share it

I'm sure some proper "in game footage" will surface in the coming weeks 👍

Obviously Sony didn’t advertise this during the showcase, but the game is also coming to Xbox and PC

Like many commenters elsewhere, I have zero faith Konami will do this justice. I'll still be interested but for now I'm more keen to see what the classics collections are like (but I have similar doubts there too) - volume one contains MG, MG2, MGS, MGS 2 and MGS 3, so the implied volume 2 would have Peace Walker and... What? MGS 4? The Twin Snakes? Maybe Revengeance or a current gen upscale of MGS V?

Like many commenters elsewhere, I have zero faith Konami will do this justice. I'll still be interested but for now I'm more keen to see what the classics collections are like (but I have similar doubts there too) - volume one contains MG, MG2, MGS, MGS 2 and MGS 3, so the implied volume 2 would have Peace Walker and... What? MGS 4? The Twin Snakes? Maybe Revengeance or a current gen upscale of MGS V?
An HD remaster of Metal Gear AC!D, with microtransactions for premium card packs. You know they're considering it.

I love this franchise! always have from the beginning :bowdown: the nostalgia will be Awesome but on a PS5 this time... just what I need to make use of the console again 👍

This is a remake of the 2004 release.. others will follow :cool:

The nostalia is strong with this one. This and FF7 part 2 might be the reason I finally buy a PS5.

Just reusing all the voice lines from MGS3 (which is what I was thinking was happening with the odd way Konami announced the voice cast) is perfect. It completely retains Kojima's artistic vision for the story (barring any RE4 VR arbitrary censorship), allows the game to be graphically updated and extremely minimizes Konami's ability to ruin everything.

Just reusing all the voice lines from MGS3 (which is what I was thinking was happening with the odd way Konami announced the voice cast) is perfect. It completely retains Kojima's artistic vision for the story (barring any RE4 VR arbitrary censorship), allows the game to be graphically updated and extremely minimizes Konami's ability to ruin everything.
That's pretty optimistic, I'm imagining a "Hello, Smithers, you're quite good at turning me on"-style hatchet job or just cutting bits out without adding anything back.

I mean, how is it a remake (and not a remaster) if they retain all the old voice acting as-is and the screenshots all show environments exactly as they were in the original game? Something has to be different, and by different, because it's Konami, I mean "worse". As you may be able to tell, I'm dying to find out how badly they've massacred my boy.

The delta makes me think they're going to alter the plot to accommodate something bad in later remasters, but I don't know what. Maybe Naked Snake is a gambling addict and you have to feed his addiction with gacha mechanics or he'll lose stamina and die and that becomes a thing in Peace Walker delta and MGS V delta too?

Some gaming news sites (I've seen it on Eurogamer and they were quoting IGN, so...) are reporting that there's evidence the MGS Classic Collection vol. 2 will contain Peace Walker, MGS V and MGS 4. Pretty big if true.

Konami ports a game ported to PS360 that originally ran at 60FPS on PS2 to hardware that just got a better-than-360 port of a PS360 game:

As for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, I should note that while it is the superb BluePoint version, Konami had us playing on a Nintendo Switch. It ran okay, but it was clear to both me and the person sitting next to me that there was significant slowdown during some scenes in MGS 2 and MGS 3 on the Switch.

It runs worse than it did on Playstation 2.

KONAMI IS BACK, BABY!

Last edited:
I'm not sure why they capped it @720 p on the Switch but hopefully the other versions don't run @ 720p

Mgs 1 was the 1st console game that mesmerized me when i started console gaming.

kjb
I'm not sure why they capped it @720 p on the Switch but hopefully the other versions don't run @ 720p
Maybe it's the original collection that will be at 720p? Well on newgen at least.
I expect/hope the remake of 3 to be a current graphics standard at least.

Last edited:
Maybe it's the original collection that will be at 720p? Well on newgen at least.
I expect/hope the remake of 3 to be a current graphics standard at least.
The remake of MGS 3, MGS ∆, is different to the classic collection vol. 1 which is the thing that runs at 720p on Switch. I have heard that all versions run at 720p (Gaben help them if that also applies to the PC version) but the real issue is that the Switch version of MGS 2 either doesn't maintain 60fps or is capped at 30fps - I had heard it's the latter but never mind - when the PS2 version was a 60fps game.

lol watching the DF video and they show how the Series X native version looks worse than the 360 version it was ported from which can run on Series X in backwards compatibility.

Konami has never been so back.

Last edited:
I'm all for digital preservation and a direct port of the old games with different button prompts for different platforms would've been fine by me, but for them to look worse and even run worse (MGS 2 at 30fps on Switch when the PS2 ran it at 60) is... Well, yeah, it's peak Konami.

Last edited:
I'm all for digital preservation and a direct port of the old games with different button prompts for different platforms would've been fine by me, but for them to look worse and even run worse (MGS 2 at 30fps on Switch when the PS2 ran it at 60) is... Well, yeah, it's peak Konami.
Yet it's not exclusive to them, though I have to wonder if it was their own doing or yet another case of old code being foisted onto a junior dev team with the direction to make it work on modern systems and maybe pretty it up if possible.

Yet it's not exclusive to them, though I have to wonder if it was their own doing or yet another case of old code being foisted onto a junior dev team with the direction to make it work on modern systems and maybe pretty it up if possible.

Knowing Konami it's that and they've been given no money or time to do a good job. Such a shame, but at least as far as playing them on PC goes there's the GOG versions of the first two games and emulation. I've bought all three of these games at least twice each so it would've had to be a home run to get me to buy them again and this is not that!

Latest Posts

Back