Methods of setup evaluation.

GTP_Phil
First time poster here, life long GT series fan. :)

Just a quick question for the tuning gurus out there. We all I'm sure have our own methods for tuning and evaluation/testing to determine if the changes made are delivering the desired effect, but given that there seems to be so much incongruence in GT5P with regard to changes that are usually quite uniform across drivetrain, Engine location or whatever. Are there any standard methods to 'test' changes made to your toe/spring rate/ride height etc other than lap times alone?

The sort of thing I'm looking for are things like brake tests, roll-on tests for gearing etc... What does every one else do to test tuning setups?

I have two test drivers I send tunes to that help me out and I get feedback from... and lap times is something I often use... There's no driving park like there was in GT4... so I dont really do any specific tests except noting lap times and feedback from the test drivers I send tunes too... Also testing it out myself in race situations online...

Testing in the conditions it's intended for is usually the best. So if the cars made for an online event, test it online, if it's a time trial car, see how fast you can take it etc. You can usually feel the difference it has on the cars characteristics pretty quickly after a few different types of corner.

Thanks, yes testing the car where it's going to be used makes sense, I am just having some difficulty with getting toe settings correct for different types of car, where a setup has worked very well for one car and not for another similar car.

Just wondering is there a particular track/corner or method where I can test the toe +/- effects.

Back