• 8 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
tYNNWTH.png
MG XPower WR '08
tYNNWTH.png

001mgsv.jpg

The MG XPower SV (Sport Veloce) is a sports car which was produced by MG Rover. Manufactured in Modena, Italy and finished at Longbridge, UK, it was based on the platform of the Qvale Mangusta, formerly the De Tomaso Biguà

In 2007, William Riley, who claims to be a descendant of the Riley motor dynasty, although this has been disputed, bought XPower SV-related assets from the administrators of MG Rover, PricewaterhouseCoopers. Riley formed MG Sports and Racing Europe Ltd to continue production of the model. In April 2008, MG Sports and Racing Europe, based in Eardiston, near Tenbury Wells in Worcestershire, announced the relaunch of the XPower SV under the name MG XPower WR.

With weight being the enemy of a sports car, the XPower fights it with a feather-light, yet incredibly stiff, carbon fibre body shell. The lightweight body construction contributes to the car’s impressive body rigidity and power to weight ratio, for improved handling and a low centre of gravity.

Carbon technology also plays its part in shaping the car’s advanced airflow management, making possible every line and subtle curve that has its purpose beyond pure aesthetics. The large front splitter, rear diffuser, wing and deep sills combine with a smooth underbody to deliver stability at high speed.

Priced at between £75,000 and £90,000, the WR model had a supercharged engine rated at 540 hp, seven cars were said to have been sold. Riley's use of the "MG" trademark resulted in a legal dispute with Nanjing Automobile (Group) Corporation, which had also acquired assets of the defunct MG Rover Group. This case was won by Nanjing in February 2010.

Specs:
sv.png

car_photo_265875.jpg

xpower-03.jpg

MG_XPower_SV_Concept_2002_Interior.jpg

car_photo_265881.jpg

Last edited:
Riley's use of the "MG" trademark resulted in a legal dispute with Nanjing Automobile (Group) Corporation, which had also acquired assets of the defunct MG Rover Group. This case was won by Nanjing in February 2010.

...And that pretty much precludes any reasonable hope of getting this in the game. This would be a legal minefield and I'm pretty sure Kaz won't feature this...which is a shame.

and at least your first image (and I think all of the external shots) is an original SV not a WR.
I can only find one picture of it on the internet, but it shows that, externally, it's identical to the the SV except for the livery.

It was reported William Riley were also going to offer a convertible version called the MG S-VS WRC although I don't know if it ever saw the light of day.

blogs200810_07.jpg

mg-xpower-sv-s-02-thumb.jpg

But Gran Turismo should have at least one of them in, probably the original MG X-Power SV.

Back