MIA Admins and mods...

• Thread starter space
  • 15 comments
While browsing our forum leaders page I found a couple of Admins/Mods that haven't posted in a while, some a long while.

Corey
Phil

Just wondering where they disappeared to, I've heard things about Phil and how he works for opel or some car manufacturer now. But what about Corey?

I think Corey was a member way back in the day when GTPlanet was just an MSN community. He helped design the original look of GTPlanet through his company xpiso. I think Jordan made him an Admin so he could help modify things on the site whenever they needed changing, but I guess he doesn't stop by much anymore...:nervous:

Hmmm, this reminds me of Corey. See this thread for a little more information about him. He has been a huge help, but he wasn't too happy when I switched the forums over to vBulletin, which is one reason why I think he stopped visiting. Perhaps it is time to relieve him of administrative access...

Originally posted by Tazz575
and add someone else????:D

After a bad experience with a moderator whom he thought he could trust, I seriously doubt he'll be making anyone an Administrator anytime soon...:P

Originally posted by Jordan
but he wasn't too happy when I switched the forums over to vBulletin

Why was he not happy with the switch?:confused: Was he an anti-vBulletin diehard IKonboard fan?(:reallyodd)

Ah, sorry Tazz, but becoming an administrator is not a step in the ladder of GTP seniority. ;)

Why was he not happy with the switch? Was he an anti-vBulletin diehard IKonboard fan?
Yep, he thought it was crazy to use a more stable, powerful, and user-friendly forum at a price. But, you get what you pay for, and looking back, if I hadn't switched to vBulletin when I did, the forum would have collapsed in on itself and could not be where it is today.

Ah, sorry Tazz, but becoming an administrator is not a step in the ladder of GTP seniority. ;)

Yep, he thought it was crazy to use a more stable, powerful, and user-friendly forum at a price. But, you get what you pay for, and looking back, if I hadn't switched to vBulletin when I did, the forum would have collapsed in on itself and could not be where it is today.

Even if I was asked to be an Admin I would more than likely decline. I mean, I can't even merge 2 threads correctly...:nervous:...do you even realize what kinda crap would go wrong if I had Administrative powers?:eek: I would screw somethin' up on accident, and everyone would go to logon to GTPlanet, and see nothin' but a plain, black screen...:( Plus, if something did go wrong, and it wasn't me who caused it, I wouldn't wanna get blamed for it. Besides, I'm super happy as a super mod...:P

Anyways, enough rambling...:)

I'm glad you changed to vBulletin. If this place would have collapsed and wasn't here today I don't know what I'd do(I'd probably have a normal life, but that would suck...:D).

Ah, I remeber those days. Thats when I just started coming here. I liked the other boards as well but this board is better. ;)

Originally posted by Josh

Even if I was asked to be an Admin I would more than likely decline. I mean, I can't even merge 2 threads correctly...:nervous:...do you even realize what kinda crap would go wrong if I had Administrative powers?:eek: I would screw somethin' up on accident, and everyone would go to logon to GTPlanet, and see nothin' but a plain, black screen...:( Plus, if something did go wrong, and it wasn't me who caused it, I wouldn't wanna get blamed for it. Besides, I'm super happy as a super mod...:P

Anyways, enough rambling...:)

I'm glad you changed to vBulletin. If this place would have collapsed and wasn't here today I don't know what I'd do(I'd probably have a normal life, but that would suck...:D).

No no no, you got it all wrong, instead of a plain black screen, we'd all see this:

bsod.gif

:P:D

Back