Miami Vice (The Series)

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren
  • 2 comments
  • 552 views

McLaren

Premium
Messages
46,776
United States
Texas
So, I have recently bought Miami Vice Season 1 and Season 2, and after watching Season 1, it's pretty cool.
The pilot episode was fantastic and I love how throughout the 1st season, a lot of references are made to the pilot.
And of course, Elvis is always great to see.

Any other Miami Vice fans or at least folks who have seen this great 80's show? Can't wait until the next 3 seasons are released so I can see how the series ends.

As for the movie, haven't quite seen it yet, but imho, Colin F. and Jamie Foxx don't really fit the roles of Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs.
 
I'm a pretty big fan of the show, so congrats on the DVD purchase. The first few seasons are argueably the best, and are a bit more edgy than the later episodes. There are a couple good episodes that I love, one being the "Big Thaw" where they fight over the Regge singer's dead body, "Duty and Honor" where a Vietnamese dectective helps solve some strange murders, "Back in the World" is a good one from season two, uses a lot of The Doors music in it.

But my all-time-favorite episode is from season two called "Florence Italy." Thats the one with the grand-prix racing in Miami, where they race the Ferrari against a stupidly-fast Porsche and magically keep up. It pretty much sits at the top of my favorites list, the only one comming close would be the episode that guest-stars Ted Nugent (I forget the title of the episode).
 
Florence Italy...that's the one where they chase the Porsche on the streets too, insant it? I plan to watch Season 2 probably tomorrow.
 
Back