Mazdaspeed-Miata Spec Racing, SH, Limited TuningFinished 

• Thread starter coxbox
  • 247 comments

What Day Can You Race ( Races Times will be after 11pm GMT)

• Total voters
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire

Welcome To Miata Spec Racing
11pm UK Time GMT +1 (BST)
mazdaspeed_redandblackontransparent.png

Spec Miata is a class of racing car used in Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), National Auto Sport Association (NASA), and Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs (MCSCC)road racing events.

The Spec Miata (SM) class is intended to provide the opportunity to compete in low-cost cars with limited modifications, suitable for racing competition. It is intended to encourage low cost, entry level, production car based competition. Spec Miata currently races both sprints and enduros where available.

SM-Laguna-remote.jpg

The Car

Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) 89'

Max Power:123
Weight:900kg

Tyres: SH
Suspension: Racing Hard
Pit Service: Improve Body Rigidity
Racing Breaks:Break Balance Your Choice
Drivetrain: Stock
Diff: Stock
Clutch/Prop: Stock
Engine: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Intake: Stock
Pit Service: Oil Change
Power Limiter:100%
Ballast Weight: Your Choice As Long As Your Car Is 900kg
Ballast Position: Your Choice, See Above
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Windows: Window Weight Reduction
Bonnet: Carbon Bonnet/Body Colour
Aero: Front Allowed, No Wing

Paint: No Chrome ,(please check if in use already)
Racing Gear Please Match Your Paint Scheme
Wheels:Standard Size
Wheel Paint: No Chrome
Driver Number: Type E (check to see if in use)

The Tracks

Willow Springs- Big Willow 15 Min Endurance Rounds 1-2 26/8/2014
Indy Road 15 Min Endurance Rounds 3-4 02/09/2014
Laguna Seca 15 Min EnduranceRounds 5-6 09/09/2014
Willow Springs- Streets of Willow 15 Min Endurance Rounds 7-8 16/09/2014
Daytona Road 60 Minute Endurance/ Weather/Time/1 Stop Round 9 23/09/2014

Race Settings

Qualifier Settings: Race Together
Qualifier Start: Pit Start
Qualifier Time:5 Min(s)

Start : Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Oder: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Penalty: Week
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Fast
Grip Reduction : Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream: Real
Driving Line: Available
ABS: Available ( set to 1)
Other Aids: Off

Minimum Number Of Pit Stops: 1 For Endurance Race At Daytona Road

Require Tyre Change: Yes For Endurance At Daytona

Racing Rules

Drivers must keep two wheels on track at all times, they must not ram other drivers or push them wide on purpose. This is a clean racing league, keep it that way.

When Trying to overtake make sure it is safe, no dive bombing. If the driver in front or behind has the corner ( just under half a car length) let him through.

Limit the use of the horn, only use it in an emergency.

When driving do not break check racers , or swerve across the track blocking the driver.

When Qualifying dot get in the way of people hot lapping and when you are done stay off track or in the pits.

If you have any issues with peoples driving make sure you save the reply and PM or the stewards the time of the incident. Punishment for breaking rules will be a loss of 3 points in the championship for the driver. Continuous rule breaking will result in DQ for the championship.

Corner Rights

By following this guide, drivers can keep safe on track and limit the amount of
accidents caused by dive bombing and other silly maneuvers. Try to follow this as much as possible to make racing enjoyable for all racers.

If the driver in front is ahead by half a car length he/she has the corner right, don't try to cut in or push them wide, this will result in a penalty for the driver in question.

Picture 1
In the first picture the red car has the corner as it is ahead by half a length, the blue car has no right to turn in and must back off safely, to avoid a accident.

Picture 2
In the second picture the blue car on the outside has the corner. The red car can turn in however must give the blue car room , as he is in front by half a car.

Picture 3

In picture 3 both red and blue cars enter the corner at the same time. Both cars can turn in, however drivers need to keep space to avoid any accidents.

Coxbox Pink/White #69
chris99277 Dark blue, #80
RustedMind #92 GT Gunmetal 008-W (Green)/Polished Metal Metallic
Giorgio_57 Lagoon #9 Blue/Grey
xflow1390 #37 Yellow car/ White rims
Kevin Miller #42, ultimate opal black
crowhop #99 White
Brutaka #23 Maroon/Black
racezilla #57 Motorsport Black / Championship White
Nail-27 #27 lite green white rims
sabajin #10
ITAVEN97 #97 Silver(Black Wheels)
GTP_Litchi / #9 / Red
BayouSimDrifter #86 French Racing Blue
joe_diben #17 Matte Red
aerolite #55 British Racing Green/Black wheels

Jay2DaB329 (Intrrested)
Gianfranco (Intrrested)
VELOCI_2NR (Intrrested)

Championship standings after Rounds 1-2
Season 1

1.GTP_Litchi 60 points
2.racezilla 57points
3.ITRA-VEN-97 55 points
4.Giorgio_57 43 points
5.Brutaka_GT 30 points
6.Coxbox 21 points
7.nickflynn2 20 points
7.nail-27 20 points
8.Joe_DiBen 16 points
8.Draco 16 points
9.chris99277 10 points
10.aoliteflight 7 points

Championship Points Awarded

1st place 25 points
2nd place 18 points
3rd place 15 points
4th place 12 points
5th place 10 points
6th place 8 points
7th place 6 points
8th place 4 points
9th place 2 points
10th place 1 point
Anything below - No points

Last edited:
Hmm... This definitely sounds fun! I just don't think I would be able to fully commit to a series with my real life schedule and stuff. Anyway, I hope your series is successful, @coxbox.

I'm in, if the time could work out. Would be very nice if we could force spec suspension settings instead of scouts honor. Would love to do it.

I'm in, if the time could work out. Would be very nice if we could force spec suspension settings instead of scouts honor. Would love to do it.

sounds good just need some more people like you now :D With both hard and soft suspension, people can select the best option for the track, however all the cars will have either hard or soft. With the power these cars have they should be close.

Last edited:
Out of interest Post you availability, I am available as long as we don't race too late nothing later then 1:30pm GMT.

The absolute best time for me is on Saturday's at 1:00 PM GMT, 9:00 AM EDT.

PSN: GTP_Crowhop
Color: White
Number: 9

The absolute best time for me is on Saturday's at 1:00 PM GMT, 9:00 AM EDT.

PSN: GTP_Crowhop
Color: White
Number: 9

Sadly I will be working on this day, The days I have available for this is Sunday, Monday Tuesday and Thursday Any other day would have to be after 11 PM

Sadly I will be working on this day, The days I have available for this is Sunday, Monday Tuesday and Thursday Any other day would have to be after 11 PM
That's just the optimum time.

11 PM GMT would work for me on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

There's no '98 version...? Only '89 :)

Oh and the intake tuning, with it i'm at 144bhp and without at 134bhp, both with the power limiter at 97,5%. So either the max power it a typo, or no intake tuning?

Last edited:
Don't worry guys I may need to alter the power as after 850 miles in my car has more power so I will alter the specs accordingly. I do suggest you break your cars in.

Just had a try on the ride yesterday with the required tuning, well the handling is AWESOME!

Its a fun car to drive, I just need to tweak the power, since breaking the car in I now have more power with the assigned specs. I need to change the parts so I can Still hit 135 or there abouts.

Also to let people know, My car is Moulin Rouge/White with the number 69.

I painted mine 'very orange' on 'bianco spino'(white) rims with #86 :)

But what about the current specs? I'm driving without the intake tuning to keep the power at 134 instead of 144...?

This is just the sort of thing I'm looking for to kickstart my online racing career. Might be able to make it if the series doesn't run (too far) into September, given that I'll be going into my final year of school then which is kinda more important. Put me down as interested. And my preferred racing number is #33.

I painted mine 'very orange' on 'bianco spino'(white) rims with #86 :)

But what about the current specs? I'm driving without the intake tuning to keep the power at 134 instead of 144...?

Thats how I have mine, as long as the power does not rise anymore. If thats the case this is what the new spec will be. Also just seen your car, make sure you use the square gt race number decal.

This is just the sort of thing I'm looking for to kickstart my online racing career. Might be able to make it if the series doesn't run (too far) into September, given that I'll be going into my final year of school then which is kinda more important. Put me down as interested. And my preferred racing number is #33.

If I run this every week It should run just into September. I will be running more then one season, as stated before, there is now a poll at the top of the OP select the days you can race, and from this I will try to work out the best time so our American and Asian racers can join the fun.

I will be adding the drivers to the OP and I will also be updated the rules to include the points for each place. If there are any issues or typo's just let me no and I will change them. Finally If you have any friends let them know about this, I would love a full grid :D.

Last edited:
11pm GMT converts to 1am local time for me.. (at least, that's what the time converter site says). That a bit too late for me I'm afraid.. :(

Back