**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
Never mind. I’m quite a few menu books a way from unlocking Spain. I’m not in any rush to go through the story mode part of this game so I’ll be sitting gt4 out for now.
You don’t have to have if unlocked to join the room on the lobby. Only to practice on your own, if that helps at all

Never mind. I’m quite a few menu books a way from unlocking Spain. I’m not in any rush to go through the story mode part of this game so I’ll be sitting gt4 out for now.
And, if you let me know what time you want to time trial, I can open a lobby and leave you to it, as long as it's before 8pm est. (In bed after that.). Let me know if that could work.

And, if you let me know what time you want to time trial, I can open a lobby and leave you to it, as long as it's before 8pm est. (In bed after that.). Let me know if that could work.
let me know what times work you. I am off Friday so I can get on my wheel earlier than usual. Really appreciate your willingness to do this.

let me know what times work you. I am off Friday so I can get on my wheel earlier than usual. Really appreciate your willingness to do this.
Absolutely. I'll have a room open tomorrow around 4pm-6ish est. Would that time work for you?

@MrDonovan

180d943253236-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_423145520116586_1652912187955~2.jpg

180d9430e1153-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_423145429667195_1652911834637~2.jpg

@rsrgse , @bloodyboyblue , and @JDMKING13 are still in need of teamates before the start of the season. Reach out to them.

Enjoy, and see you for Event #1. :cheers:

Time Trial Lobby open at Barcelona for anyone who has yet to finish their time trial. Spec your car, and run some laps. Friends Only
Room Title: MPGT4CC TT

Pretty sure he’s running low-mid 25’s at fastest…
Best I've seen of @fruitloop so far has been a 1:25.8, with most of his laps in the low- mid 1:26's. He is super fast....with a heavily handicapped p/w BoP. I'd say, if you can find race pace in the mid 1:26's to low 1:27's you should be in a competitive state.
Keep in mind, that the time trials were at Lago and Barcelona..both tracks with longer straightaways. Different cars and driver's will favor certain tracks to be breakouts from the average pace of field. The goal was to get us all as close as possible for the closest racing possible. Ultimately, consistency and minimizing mistakes is the formula for the best results and for being competitive for these Events. Also, keep in mind that the efforts to get everyone close in pace (within 0.5-0.7 fast lap pace across all drivers was the goal) will later affect any drivers who do happen to find themselves dominant in early events and may very well find themselves sitting right in the middle of the field in pace...in turn making quite the challenge for them to continue the run of success. Race for the best finishes possible to earn the most points possible, focusing less on the outright win, but moreover, a clean run and a top 5 finish. There has been at least 1 season in these series that the overall championship winner did not post one overall Event win, but won the championship by staying steadily in the top 5 all season long. Race for the long game.
Pace should be close tonight, and I am going to guess that even the faster guys will struggle executing the overtakes in Race 2, especially if the front runners hold their lines and avoid the mistakes.

For anyone interested in the leveling process and behind the curtain formulas for leveling, have a look at the Spoiler box. Nothing special. I simply verified how much each tenth (0.1) of p/w affected lap times, and backed it into a legend. From there it was taking the data recieved...optimal, fast lap, and avg laps (Laps included for avg were any lap data provided that was within 1.5 of fast lap), finding an middle ground from the fastest to slowest, then referencing the legend to set the p/w ratios. The final tt at Barcleona was to verify changes made, and then to finely adjust us even closer. Again, not perfect, but certainly gets us all much closer in pace to be in striking distance of any driver on the grid.
Screenshot_20220520-065349_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220520-065050_Sheets.jpg

Pre Race Briefing to be out shortly.

Last edited:

Michelin Pilot
GT4 Cup Challenge
Event #1
Pre-Race Driver Briefing
Friday, May 20th, 2022

at 9pm est
Season Opener is tonight at Laguna Seca. A tight and technical course with many blind apex corners and the infamous Corkscrew....tonight's event should afford us with some intense battles and racing across the field.
As is always mentioned, consistency and minimal mistakes take the the podium places. Be patient and aware of traffic and your braking points...especially at Turn 1 in the opening laps, and lets have a good clean event.

A few quick reminders to all drivers attending:
*Please be patient in high traffic, especially in the opening laps.
**Respect the space of the drivers around you, and make every effort to race as clean as possible.
***Race hard, Race consistent, and race fair.

Let's continue to showcase the clean and competitive racing that Snail has always been known for.

Track Boundaries:
Keep 2 wheels within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present.
Screenshot_20220520-082949_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rolling Start Reference Point
Front row drivers may accelerate at the Start/Finish line/overpass

We will run a complete formation lap for this event.
Race 1 will start a formation lap from the grid in order.
-Drivers may warm tires through turn 8 (Corkscrew). After turn 8 (Corkscrew), all drivers should form up into 2x2 formation. Front row will hold at 50 mph up to the start/ finish line.

Race 2: The Race will be started with everyone on the grid. No one is to move from the line until called. Race director will call each driver, in order, and direct odd and even places to their respective side for formation. When called, drivers should form up in order as instructed on the front straight. Once the order is set, the Race Director will give the all clear, and the formation lap will begin and proceed for the same as Race 1.
Interim Race and Start Procedures

Drivers are also asked to please review or refresh themselves with the series Caution Process noted below:
Tab 4.2 Caution Process. (In 1st Post of thread)
Any questions, please ask.

For Reference:
Confirmation Reminder Post, Event #1

Attendance is strong for tonight's event with all 14 Primary Drivers confirmed and 2 Reserves confirmed to attend and 1 Reserves confirmed available and on standby if needed.:cheers:

Our grid for tonight is shown below:
Drivers Roster
1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84) 2nd
7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
8. @Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)
9. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
10. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
11. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
12. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)
13. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
14. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22) 1st
15. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
16. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3) 1st Reserve
@Track_King47 2nd Reserve

Available if spot opens
@ruggermole 3rd Reserve

Reserve Drivers
@paoloevans / paoloevans (#37)

All Drivers that have confirmed to race and are tagged are considered primary drivers for this event and are expected on the grid. If anyone thinks they may be tentative or must cancel, please let me know by 8pm est Friday (Race Day). Any cancelled entries after this time will result in possible forfeiture of primary status or forfeiture of Reserve priority for future events.

Very Important, Must Review Below
Please verify your driver specific BOP Regulations before entering the room:
Drivers List and BoP Regulations Chart

Important
It is the responsibility of ALL Drivers to verify your BoP regulations prior to entering the race room or at the latest, 5 minutes prior to the Start of Qualifying. The BoP Tracking Sheet will be displayed here and in other reminder posts leading up to each event. I will not be verifying BoP regulations prior to the start of Qualifying.
ALL DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED TO SEND A SCREENSHOT OF THE TUNE SHEET SHOWING WEIGHT AND HORSEPOWER FOR THE RACE EVENT AS SCRUTINEERING. SEND SCREENSHOT TO MY PSN:
II-NOVA-II (Capital i's)

(YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHOW YOUR ACTUAL TUNE)

ANY DRIVERS THAT FAIL TO SUBMIT THEIR SPECS OR ARE FOUND TO HAVE RACED WITH THE WRONG P/W SPEC WILL BE ISSUED A 10 POINT PENALTY ASSESSED AGAINST THIER OVERALL SCORE FOR THE EVENT. PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR SPECS PRIOR TO QUALIFYING.

The Race Rooms and Party Chats will be open for entries and warm up around 8:50pm est. Please be in the room no later than 9:10pm est to have your entry verified.
15 minute Open Qualifying to start at 9:15pm est.

Good luck to everyone, and see you all on the grid for the green flag.​

Last edited:
I slacked it my apologies
Thinking I’ll stick with Z and attempt time trial after work but looks like I’m too late to race this evening
Goodluck in the Z
If u have a chance can u help me with a livery I’m terrible at that

I slacked it my apologies
Thinking I’ll stick with Z and attempt time trial after work but looks like I’m too late to race this evening
Goodluck in the Z
If u have a chance can u help me with a livery I’m terrible at that
Hey kg,
Get your time trial and tt spec sheet to me as soon as possible. If any openings are available at 9:15, the start of Qualifying, you could bump back in.

Belowvis the team livery that @R1600Turbo rendered for you.

Back