**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
View attachment 1143756
Roll Call and
Confirmation Reminder

for this Friday,
April 29th,
7pm-9pm est

To all drivers, I will be directing another test Event this Friday, 4/29, but an earlier time window...7pm-9pm est. (Leaving early Saturday to go out of town) For those that may be later, I'm sure there will be plenty of drivers that will stay on for more driving.

We will start the session by returning to Lago Maggiore GP to maintain the testing consistency. We will run in the following format:
7pm est: Room opens
7pm-7:25: Open lapping.
I'd ask all drivers to either remain on track for the duration of this session so lap data can be recorded before race start, or if leaving the track for any reason, to change your mfd to show the Lap deltas and take a screen shot of your lap history and deltas. Do this for any time you have more than 3-4 consistent laps recorded before leaving track. Screen should look like this:
Forward all screenshots at the end of the night to my psn account:
II-NOVA-II (capital i's)
7:25-7:35- All drivers are to line up at Turn 1, and have their mfd displaying lap data as shown in the picture. I will take pics of all drivers laps.
7:35-8:05: we will run a race laps to equal 30 min+.
8:05-8:10 - break, data collection, room reset and track change.
8:10 - 8:25- keep tune as is. Once entered onto the track, stay on track.
8:25-8:30 - all drivers line up at T1 and change mfd to display lap data as shown in example. I will record data.
8:30-9pm: 2nd Race with laps to equal 30 min.

Drivers that have participated in previous test nights or submitted time trials should use the new power to weight regulations shown in chart below. All other drivers should tune to the 6.6 p/w base regulation.

This will be the final test night before the season opener. Any drivers unable to attend that have no data recorded must run a time trial to be eligible to race on the opening race night.

Please confirm your attendance for tomorrow evening.

1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
8. @Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)
9. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
10. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
11. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
12. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)
13. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
14. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22)
15. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
16. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@paoloevans / paoloevans (#37)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole
ill try to be there although im not sure if ill be able to, if im not ill send the time trial asap, thanks for doing this and im looking fowards for this season :cheers:

Probably not going to make it. Been getting plenty of laps though, car is amazing.

20970231883421973.jpg

View attachment 1143756
Roll Call and
Confirmation Reminder

for this Friday,
April 29th,
7pm-9pm est

To all drivers, I will be directing another test Event this Friday, 4/29, but an earlier time window...7pm-9pm est. (Leaving early Saturday to go out of town) For those that may be later, I'm sure there will be plenty of drivers that will stay on for more driving.

We will start the session by returning to Lago Maggiore GP to maintain the testing consistency. We will run in the following format:
I'd ask all drivers to either remain on track for the duration of this session so lap data can be recorded before race start, or if leaving the track for any reason, to change your mfd to show the Lap deltas and take a screen shot of your lap history and deltas. Do this for any time you have more than 3-4 consistent laps recorded before leaving track. Screen should look like this:
II-NOVA-II (capital i's)
7:25-7:35- All drivers are to line up at Turn 1, and have their mfd displaying lap data as shown in the picture. I will take pics of all drivers laps.
8:25-8:30 - all drivers line up at T1 and change mfd to display lap data as shown in example. I will record data.

Drivers that have participated in previous test nights or submitted time trials should use the new power to weight regulations shown in chart below. All other drivers should tune to the 6.6 p/w base regulation.

This will be the final test night before the season opener. Any drivers unable to attend that have no data recorded must run a time trial to be eligible to race on the opening race night.

6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole
It is what it is. But 7pm-9pm east is still in the work zone in the west. I leave work as close to 8pm East (5pm west) as possible but still have a short commute. I'll be there when I get there. Have fun

View attachment 1143756
Roll Call and
Confirmation Reminder

for this Friday,
April 29th,
7pm-9pm est

II-NOVA-II (capital i's)

6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole
I might be home in time for the last race but don’t count on me. I can get you a new TT, post update, if you need it.

@llNovall, check your PSN, I sent you my new TT for this group. Can't remember what old version was like, but the new 1.13 seems like driving is more controllable. Had to try hard to spin out.

P.S. I am building a fence this week and setting some posts so I had a few bags of sand still in the trunk, LOL.

Last edited:
hey @llNovall is it too late to change cars? cuz i hate the handeling of my 2007 m3, it understeers a lot in entry and oversteers out of nowhere in exit.
i think its not a big deal since i havent done the TT yet.

hey @llNovall is it too late to change cars? cuz i hate the handeling of my 2007 m3, it understeers a lot in entry and oversteers out of nowhere in exit.
i think its not a big deal since i havent done the TT yet.
No sir. Will need a new spec sheet pic and time trial. Let me know which car.

thanks and another question, will tuning be allowed in the actual races?
Yes, you may tune your car between events. Event performance and finish will dictate success ballast after each event.

Last edited:
Race room open as Friends Only. If you are not on my friends list or on with someone on the roster, send me a Friends request:
II-NOVA-II (capital i's)

@llNovall Sr, I am making this request official. Please list me in the: 19 Toyota Supra RZ. I sent you a livery and will work on a TT per the current TT instructions in this thread.

Is there a updated car list? Looking at the list I counted 32 cars that may or may not have been selected.

Also lets have some track days or daily spot races.

Is there a updated car list? Looking at the list I counted 32 cars that may or may not have been selected.

Also lets have some track days or daily spot races.
There are 32 cars-ish. Cars that are duplicates, but different trims...ie: The Supra or Mercedes- once 2 of that model is selected, regardless of trim..RZ, Gr4, etc...all are taken off the table for additional use. As for track days, I will have the event details and schedule up this week for our upcoming openi g race event on Friday, 5/20. Feel free to organize some practice outings.

Just passed 1800km on this thing doing some testing at Suzuka. Was chasing a weird feeling front end and couldn't figure it out. Tried a few more setups but everything felt worse than what I already had. In one of the replays I was walking around the car when it was mid corner and noticed that the loaded front tire was crammed into the fender. So I raised the height 10-15mm. Let me tell you, just a simple ride height adjustment makes a world of difference with the handling. All fixed now and the car feels great.

Also added more to the livery because I can never seem to leave things alone. Added some yellow accents, put the IMSA tech inspection sticker on the banner, added arrows pointing to the door handles since the real Pilot Cup cars seem to have them. And added a few more sponsors.

1652044599158.png

1652044689669.png

Final BoP/ power to weight
Time Trial
With our first official event of this series set for Friday, May 20th, I would ask every driver to run 1 final time trial. Thank you all for your patience and efforts taken to time trial and participate in testing.

Drivers who have run a time trial or participated in test events have been issued new BoP regulations. Please take this final time trial in an online lobby using the very specific settings shown below. All drivers who have yet to submit a formal time trial result are asked to run the time trial at the base 6.6 power to weight ratio. See the detailed instructions below:
Drivers whomhave not submitted any time trial or participated in testing, please tune your car to whatever extent you chose for the time trial as long as the following regulations are met:
Weight Range: 2706lbs(1230kg)-3300lbs(1500kg)
HP Range:
410hp to 500hp
Starting Power-Weight Ratio:
6.6 lbs/hp (3.0 kg/hp)
Must be on or as close to the p/w ratio requirements or above.

Drivers who have submitted a time trial, please reference the chart below and set you car to these specs

1.) Tune your car or chose not to tune, just be sure to time trial the way you plan to race the car.
2.) Run the time trial until you cannot achieve anymore time (Run at least 12-15 laps)
5.) PSN message me: II-NOVA-II (capital i's), your time trial results in the form of a screen shot or picture as shown below, displaying lap history, sector bests, and fast lap:
17eea9a7b8110-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421020563475272_1644611576075.jpg

Drivers will be asked to send a screenshot of their tuning screen verifying the weight and power used for the time trial meet the regulated p/w ratio requirements.
17f952e0af632-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421752466777356_1647470573349.jpg

As results are received, an average pace of field will be finalized across the field. Fast lap, optimal lap, and clean laps from the lap history (any lap slower than 1.5 second of posted fast lap). Anyone faster will recieve a handicap to their P/w ratio to bring them into the pace of field, anyone slower will recieve a concession to their p/w ratio. I'd ask that all drivers try to apply their best effort to get the most out of their car in an effort to achieve an honest parity across the field going into the first race of the season. There will be variables outside of our control, but we can get as close as possible. From there the success ballasting will take over throughout the season.

Below are the Time Trial location and details:
Be sure to open and run this final time trial in an online lobby, using the specific settings shown in the tab below:
Screenshot_20220508-182645_Sheets.jpg

Standard Lobby Settings
(Lobby Settings to be edited as additional GT7 lobby features become available)
Basic Settings
Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Michelin TT
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: Circuit De Barcelona
Select Condition: preset, SO2
Laps: any (Run at least 8 clean laps)
Time/Weather Settings
Selection Method: Preset Weather
Preset Weather: SO2
Time of Day: Afternoon
Variable Time Speed Rate: 1x

Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1, Fastest First (Set by host off qualifying)/R2, Reverse Grid from previous results.
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: Open
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: No Limit
Weight: No Limit
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM) Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited
Only ABS and Traction Control (TCS) are allowed.

Run laps until you cannot get anymore time out of it. Give a solid effort...no sandbagging 😉. When finished, grab the necessary screenshots and forward to me via psn as instructed above.
Any drivers who do not run this final time trial will not be eligible to race on race night.

Primary Drivers List
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole

Last edited:
Back