**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
Wife has plans for Friday June 10th. Unless there’s a last minute change, I’m out. Now, I have to man up and act like I am having a good time.

@rsrgse
@Kgffy
@paoloevans
@Phlano099
Please tune and see the time trial instructions at the bottom of the first post linked in my signature. Please Time Trial at Barcelona as instructed and forward results as soon as possible, especiialy if you plan on racing Friday. Early data from Lago, prior to update 1.13 is no longer valid due to the physics changes. Please run this time trial in an online lobby for best accuracy.

In the event you are available to race, but do not get the time trial data submitted, you will default to a 7.6 power to weight ratio regulation.

Driver Pre Race Briefing will be out Friday morning. BoP chart in the second post has been updated.

Last edited:
Here is our Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge Spotters Guide:

MPGT4CC Spotter guide Season 3 SVG entie roster.png

and to get everyone in the racing spirit, the real world Michelin Pilot Challenge race at Mid Ohio. Enjoy.

@rsrgse
@Kgffy
@paoloevans
@Phlano099
Please tune and see the time trial instructions at the bottom of the first post linked in my signature. Please Time Trial at Barcelona as instructed and forward results as soon as possible, especiialy if you plan on racing Friday. Early data from Lago, prior to update 1.13 is no longer valid due to the physics changes. Please run this time trial in an online lobby for best accuracy.

In the event you are available to race, but do not get the time trial data submitted, you will default to a 7.6 power to weight ratio regulation.

Driver Pre Race Briefing will be out Friday morning. BoP chart in the second post has been updated.
I can do tomorrow

Michelin Pilot
GT4 Cup Challenge
Event #2
Pre-Race Driver Briefing
Friday, June 10th, 2022

at 9pm est
Tonight, we are at the first of two Speedways on the schedule this season. Big Horsepower, the right Aero tuning, and the right p/w ratio tune will be key to taking the podium. Also, drafting or a good strategy with your teammate could go along way in soaking up any deficiencies in pace. Going to be a fun night of racing.
As is always mentioned, consistency and minimal mmistakes tend to take the podium places. Be patient and aware of traffic and your braking points...especially at Turn 1 in the opening laps, and lets have a good clean event.

A few quick reminders to all drivers attending:
*Please be patient in high traffic, especially in the opening laps.
**Respect the space of the drivers around you, and make every effort to race as clean as possible.
***Race hard, Race consistent, and race fair.

Let's continue to showcase the clean and competitive racing that Snail has always been known for.

Track Boundaries:
Keep 2 wheels within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present.
Screenshot_20220610-083452_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rolling Start Reference Point
Front row drivers may accelerate at the Start/Finish line

We will run a complete formation lap for this event.
Race 1 will start a formation lap from the grid in order.
-Drivers may warm tires up to the final corner. After final corner, all drivers should form up into 2x2 formation. Front row will hold at 50 mph up to the start/ finish line.

Race 2: The Race will be started with everyone on the grid. No one is to move from the line until called. Race director will call each driver, in order, and direct odd and even places to their respective side for formation. When called, drivers should form up in order as instructed on the front straight. Once the order is set, the Race Director will give the all clear, and the formation lap will begin and proceed for the same as Race 1.
Interim Race and Start Procedures

Primary Drivers List
1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6) 2nd
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31) 1st
8. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
9. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
10. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
11. (?) @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)
12. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
13. (?) @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22)
14. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
15. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)
16. @IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)

Reserve Drivers
@paoloevans / paoloevans (#37)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099 (#99) 1st R
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10) 2nd

Any additional Reserves available, please let me know as we may have one or two spots open for tonight.

All Drivers that have confirmed to race and are tagged are considered primary drivers for this event and are expected on the grid. If anyone thinks they may be tentative or must cancel, please let me know by 8pm est Friday (Race Day). Any cancelled entries after this time will result in possible forfeiture of primary status or forfeiture of Reserve priority for future events.

Very Important, Must Review Below
Please verify your driver specific BOP Regulations before entering the room:
Drivers List and BoP Regulations Chart

Important
It is the responsibility of ALL Drivers to verify your BoP regulations prior to entering the race room or at the latest, 5 minutes prior to the Start of Qualifying. The BoP Tracking Sheet will be displayed here and in other reminder posts leading up to each event. I will not be verifying BoP regulations prior to the start of Qualifying.
ALL DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED TO SEND A SCREENSHOT OF THE TUNE SHEET SHOWING WEIGHT AND HORSEPOWER FOR THE RACE EVENT AS SCRUTINEERING. SEND SCREENSHOT TO MY PSN:
II-NOVA-II (Capital i's)

(YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHOW YOUR ACTUAL TUNE)

ANY DRIVERS THAT FAIL TO SUBMIT THEIR SPECS OR ARE FOUND TO HAVE RACED WITH THE WRONG P/W SPEC WILL BE ISSUED A 10 POINT PENALTY ASSESSED AGAINST THIER OVERALL SCORE FOR THE EVENT. PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR SPECS PRIOR TO QUALIFYING.

The Race Rooms and Party Chats will be open for entries around 8:50pm est. Open Qualifying will run until 9:30 pm est.

Good luck to everyone, and see you all on the grid for the green flag.​

Guys is your PlayStation chat working? Mines has been down since yesterday… I can’t start or join anyones chat.

I didn’t go with wife. Stayed home to pick up son from High School b-ball. Don’t know when that will be however. Looks like plenty of room on the grid though. I turned 1.11.7, no where near 1.10.0

Last edited:
I didn’t go with wife. Stayed home to pick up son from High School b-ball. Don’t know when that will be however. Looks like plenty of room on the grid though. I turned 1.11.7, no where near 1.10.0
Nice, glad to have you back on the grid. Any chance you could host and open a room at 9pm est.

I just don't have any speed out there so no point in continuing if I'm going to finish last. You can give my spot to someone else. It's a shame because I love the car, put almost 2500km on it just using it in single player. It's great when I can go 7 or 8/10 pace, but pushing 11/10 every lap just to keep up isn't fun.

Now excuse me while I go patch up my bleeding hand from slamming it on a remote accidentally when I got taken out on the first lap for the 2nd time from someone else's mistake.

Last edited:
I just don't have any speed out there so no point in continuing if I'm going to finish last. You can give my spot to someone else. It's a shame because I love the car, put almost 2500km on it just using it in single player. It's great when I can go 7 or 8/10 pace, but pushing 11/10 every lap just to keep up isn't fun.

Now excuse me while I go patch up my bleeding hand from slamming it on a remote accidentally when I got taken out on the first lap for the 2nd time from someone else's mistake.
Cool down and don't throw in the towel just yet. Success ballasting will sort some of the seperation. Also, BMB was not favorable to any of us with heavy handicap. Trial mountain next. Much more technical. Stick around. It'll get better.

Last edited:

Ditto what nova said. Blue moon is a strange track (bites donkey balls). This series is designed for intense racing, so it’s no surprise to feel dejected after a bad race. You will have better days. I’m jealous of your 400z, love that car.

Last edited:
Ditto what nova said. Blue moon is a strange track (bites donkey balls). This series is designed for intense racing, so it’s no surprise to feel dejected after a bad race. You will have better days. I’m jealous of your 400z, love that car.
Four races in, every single one has been bad. Laguna race 1 started 6th, hooked the dirt on the first lap and spun off course. Somehow put my head down and through the unfortunate events of others was able to get back to 6th. 2nd race, series of events ended up with me at the rear of the field and after a spin I decided not to continue.

Blue Moon race 1 t-boned Sand after he spun across the track in front of me. After I got power back from the damage, crashed on my own pushing too hard trying to catch up. Again through other's unfortunate events I managed to finish 10th. 2nd race my teammate of all people made a mistake and chain reaction ended with me in the wall with another car and in dead last. Managed to catch some of the pack where passing was impossible because people can't learn to let people go that catch up to them. Fighting for positions does nothing but slow you down, and it's a great way to ruin a race early on. After getting hung up and passed a couple times, the curb on the inside exiting the oval grabbed a hold of the car and threw me into the wall. You can guess at that point I was done, and I left.

Sorry I'm just not used to running mid pack or worse. Been playing this game a long time and that very rarely happens. It's just frustrating. I'll give it one more round and if my luck stays the same then I'm out. It doesn't help that, for me, the handling of the car in lobbies so far has been terrible and not the way it feels in single player.

Last edited:
Four races in, every single one has been bad. Laguna race 1 started 6th, hooked the dirt on the first lap and spun off course. Somehow put my head down and through the unfortunate events of others was able to get back to 6th. 2nd race, series of events ended up with me at the rear of the field and after a spin I decided not to continue.

Blue Moon race 1 t-boned Sand after he spun across the track in front of me. After I got power back from the damage, crashed on my own pushing too hard trying to catch up. Again through other's unfortunate events I managed to finish 10th. 2nd race my teammate of all people made a mistake and chain reaction ended with me in the wall with another car and in dead last. Managed to catch some of the pack where passing was impossible because people can't learn to let people go that catch up to them. Fighting for positions does nothing but slow you down, and it's a great way to ruin a race early on. After getting hung up and passed a couple times, the curb on the inside exiting the oval grabbed a hold of the car and threw me into the wall. You can guess at that point I was done, and I left.

Sorry I'm just not used to running mid pack or worse. Been playing this game a long time and that very rarely happens. It's just frustrating. I'll give it one more round and if my luck stays the same then I'm out. It doesn't help that, for me, the handling of the car in lobbies so far has been terrible and not the way it feels in single player.
I appreciate your willingness to share and vent your frustrations. We all have been there in these series. By design, they aren't meant to have stand out fast drivers, rather to have all of us closer and let racecraft and tactics prevail. Unfortunately there are alot of variables in play that make this difficult to achieve. And, it does all start at the time trials. Drivers with the best consistency tend to have the most accurate data to match their skillset, while those that have times hitting around the bullseye are more variable. Tracks such as BMB and Daytona will favor those drivers and cars with the concessions of more hp and less weight by affording that straightline speed that the rest of us have to compensate for in the twisty sections. However, the more technical tracks with more corners make consistency harder to achieve, and mistakes more prevalent. Typically the higher skilled drivers shine in these, but the discipline and patience to just hit your marks are just as hard and important as the direct race battles. And Lastly, as mentioned many times, these series are set to challenge everyone, including the higher skilled driver...even more so to a degree. Because, as the success ballasting starts to take hold of early podium finishers, it's the consistent and higher skilled drivers that start to gain the advantage. At that point most everyone has narrowed into an even more accurate and similar pace potential leaving consistency and mitigation of mistakes at the front...which tends to swing in favor of the more skilled and seasoned drivers. The early races of the season can be frustrating as the balancing shakes out and drivers get familar with each other, but I would ask that you look at the long game. Focus less on where you finish and more on just having some long and challenging battles. No positions should come easy (unless you manage to force someone elses mistake), and with defense and defensive positioning being a true part of racing, no positions are likely to be yielded either. Race for the battle.
Now, with all that said, the bump physics of GT7 do make it difficult to run in such close quarters, and what typically would have been a rub or minor contact, sends the cars launching to the track edge or worse. This elevates the frustration even further. Just as we need to get familar with each others race tendencies, this is something we need to adjust and compensate for as well. Like I said, race for the battle and play the long game for the points. At some point in this series, everyone will hit their ceiling of pace, and will then need to rely on consistency and no mistakes. That's where the differences in skill Starr to show through. Just got to stick with it long enough to get to the meat of the competition. I had some good battling with you, and honestly was hoping to have it last a bit longer until my tail wagged on the 2nd to last corner pressing you to the track edge and forcing you to check up.
Anyway, onto Trial Mountain. Scoring for this event and details to come later in the week. Have a great weekend fellas.

Back