Microsoft Access

• Thread starter Matej
  • 9 comments

Matej

Premium
Croatia
Zagreb
Hi, does anyone here ever worked in this program? I could use a hand on one issue I can't seem to solve.

Hi, does anyone here ever worked in this program? I could use a hand on one issue I can't seem to solve.
Yeah, post it. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

We have several forms in which we add data. Each form contains two type of cells. In the first type you manually add numbers or letters and in the second you can choose from a drop-down list of predefined options. In the second type, once you choose an option, that cells remains occupied and cannot be used again unless you want to change the record. I was wondering is it possible to use the same drop-down cell for multiple options? Like, if I could somehow update or confirm the option by clicking on a nearby check button so that the related query receives the data but my cell remains free for another entry? Currently it is one entry per drop-down list. Any help is greatly appreciated.

"that cells remains occupied and cannot be used again unless you want to change the record." I'm not sure how you would test for this? If you cannto use it again how can you edit it?

"that cells remains occupied and cannot be used again unless you want to change the record." I'm not sure how you would test for this? If you cannto use it again how can you edit it?
You would link it to a spreadsheet. One of our responsibilities when I worked on an audit compliance team was to download login logs from TSIEM and manual check them for anomalies. We had an Access document designed to pull info from the spreadsheets that TSIEM created. We would then check them, save them and upload them on to a server for long term cold storage.
A field can be populated by a spreadsheet, and when that spreadsheet is updated the access document can be refreshed to.show the new changes.

I have posted a photo below, it is from a Forms section. See the cell where it says "OPREMA"? If I would want to add another attribute to the entire record, I would have to use the rest of the drop-down menus, in this case all below OPREMA, and that is five in total. That is what I mean by occupied, once you select something from a drop-down menu, that drop-down menu is filled, and you have to use others. My question is, is it possible to somehow add an option that would update this selection to a separate Query from this record and then leave that cell free for another attribute, or do I have to create as many drop-down cells as I need to assign attributes? And how much drop-down cells can you create anyway?

@abbeyman @Rallywagon I still haven't solved this problem, so let me know if there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Check.jpg

Is there a preset list of terms that you might want to select in that dropdown? If so a checkbox dropdown is the way to go, you can return multiple items in one dropdown. If you might always need to type a new term in then @Rallywagon has it.

Is there a preset list of terms that you might want to select in that dropdown? If so a checkbox dropdown is the way to go, you can return multiple items in one dropdown. If you might always need to type a new term in then @Rallywagon has it.
Yes, the drop-down menu takes the options from a preset list stored elsewhere. I would like to try it, how to employ a checkbox drop-down?

Yes, the drop-down menu takes the options from a preset list stored elsewhere. I would like to try it, how to employ a checkbox drop-down?

I don't have Access on this computer, but I'm pretty sure you do it with a List Box with the property "Multi-Select" set to "Simple". Population of the list box should work in the same way as population of your existing dropdown . Multi-select dropdowns are a standard MS Forms item but I'll have to check if they appear in Access or if you'll have to use the multilist.

Back