Microsoft Child account problem.

• Thread starter Leondorf
  • 2 comments
Italy
Bergamo, Italy
Leondorf
Hi everyone, i was thinking to buy Forza Horizon 3 from the Windows 10 store. I tried the demo and it was cool, but there's a problem that i discovered just after playing.
I have a Microsoft account, and so a xbox account to play too. But from what i've discovered my account is classified as a child account, so i have restricted access to my account settings. I tried to do something with my parent's account but i can't find any options to set my account as an adult.

Now, did someone have the same problem, or something like this? I tried to contact microsoft's support but there wasn't anyone to talk with. I tried to look on the forums but i didn't find nothing.

The real problem is that i'm not even sure if i can buy FH3 from the store being with a child account, and if i will have other problems because of this. Can someone help me please? :/

How old are you to have a child account or are your olds just uber strict on Xbone usage?

Ask your parents to get the game using their account so you can play it.
I am sure they are smart enough to see that forza is not like GTAV or some other violent game.

There's the real problem, by the way i asked on the Microsoft community forum and even the people on there couldn't help me, they said to directly call Microsoft..

Anyway, my birthdate is set on 1991, but i'm really born on 1999. So my profile should be classified as adult, but for some reasons it is not. When i created my account 2 years ago i did not add my profile to any Microsoft family so i don't really know why my profile remains at child status.

And by the way my parents never did something regarding my or their Microsoft profiles, i'm not even sure they know i have one to be honest.

I will try to contact Microsoft on monday, because i don't really know what to do anymore. I tried a few things on their website but didn't help, their support is kinda useless too.

Thanks for the help.

Back