Microsoft Streamlines Xbox Game Pass: New "Core" Tier Introduced with Game Library Including Forza Horizon 4

• Thread starter Famine
  • 7 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
This is interesting, if they only add titles to this it will be a ever growing library and late adapters will benefit from that.

On the other hand if they swap out games it will less attractive in the long run
That's how the Gamepass works. Games get added on, games get removed. Those that are typically AAA and/or Exclusives tend to be on there a lot longer than the typical filler.

To be honest, my initial enthusiasm for Game Pass faded long ago and I cancelled it. I’m not sure if this will draw me back in but it’s probably a good idea from a business point of view. Indie games and walking simulators just dominated the library too much, not enough racing games.

Doesn't Microsofts own games stay there forever?

The price difference between these two options is only $1 or am i reading it wrong?
The article says "permanent and expanding", so yes they will be there forever unless licence issues occur.

Ultimate is £12.99 versus £6.99 for Core - almost double.

And @Famine as I posted on the FH4 thread, FH4 launched end of September 2018. This then, to my knowledge, is the first official confirmation that FH4 will be the very first Forza game to go into a 6th year (being also the first Forza game to go into a 5th year), as otherwise it would only be on Core for about 7/10 days!

Which means either something changed between the licences for FM7 in 2017 and FH4 in 2018, or licences have been renewed for every car in FH4 following their lapsing (no small task, nor a cheap one).

Arguably big news and worthy of an article in itself? My usual commission applies :lol:

Last edited:
Back