Microsoft Testing New Way To sell Next Gen Console

• Thread starter Novalee
  • 23 comments
https://www.polygon.com/22430845/xbox-series-x-buy-console-purchase-insider-one

"If you’ve struggled for months to purchase an Xbox Series X or Series S, Microsoft might have a way to help you get one — from your Xbox One"

I say atleast they are trying something unlike the other company.
You'd have to be pretty lucky though... and neither of us would be eligible. First you have to be in the US, then own an Xbox One, then be an Xbox Insider, and only then are you in with a chance, whatever that may be, to reserve one.

Yep, great effort. :indiff:

Surely Microsoft are testing a new way to sell a next gen console? I'm pretty sure Microsoft don't need to but buy them.

Yes, redesign it. Make it see thru with disco lights inside. At least I'd feel like parting with my $800-$1000AUD is worth it. ;)
Here ya go :dopey:

watercooled-PS5-1-e1615129082353.jpg

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...fully-functioning-water-cooled-playstation-5/

You need to download an app and that's it. Everybody on Xbox can be an Insaider.;)
But not everybody lives in the US, so that disqualifies 95% of people to start with... and that's just the first hurdle. ;) It's still 'meh' in my opinion.

Last edited:
But not everybody lives in the US, so that disqualifies 95% of people to start with... and that's just the first hurdle. ;) It's still 'meh' in my opinion.
Well at this point , any way somebody can put in a order and get one without having to compete with bots is a step in the right direction .

And anyone that wants a series s can order right from microsoft direct . which is what i am leaning towards doing myself as none the other consoles have any games i just have to play .

Well at this point , any way somebody can put in a order and get one without having to compete with bots is a step in the right direction .
Like I said before, you can do that here with Playstation 5.

And anyone that wants a series s can order right from microsoft direct . which is what i am leaning towards doing myself as none the other consoles have any games i just have to play .
Anyone that wants a Series S can pretty much buy it off the shelves here. Several stores near me have them available to click and collect today.

It must be a lot different for you guys as most places I've looked have strict 1 per customer limits.

Untitled.png

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/xbox-series-x/267774-xbox-series-s-console

Like I said before, you can do that here with Playstation 5.

Anyone that wants a Series S can pretty much buy it off the shelves here. Several stores near me have them available to click and collect today.

It must be a lot different for you guys as most places I've looked have strict 1 per customer limits.

View attachment 1010741

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/xbox-series-x/267774-xbox-series-s-console
Thats nice but where i live no stores have them on the shelves . Not at Walmart, Not at Bestbuy, Not at Ebgames , not at The Source , so if i wanted a next gen console at retail price today , my only option is Microsoft Store online for a series s .

That is it . Those are my choices .

This is how The Ebgames has looked where i live since the ps5 came out. I even know one the workers there and they still cant get me one . Honestly the way i play games now Gamespass is good enough for 80 percent of games .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-13_145745.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-13_145745.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thats nice but where i live no stores have them on the shelves . Not at Walmart, Not at Bestbuy, Not at Ebgames , not at The Source , so if i wanted a next gen console at retail price today , my only option is Microsoft Store online for a series s .

That is it . Those are my choices .
Can you have one delivered from overseas? Amazon.com.au has them, but I don't know if they ship to Canada. Maybe there's somewhere closer to you?
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08HLX39DJ/

Can you have one delivered from overseas? Amazon.com.au has them, but I don't know if they ship to Canada. Maybe there's somewhere closer to you?
I am in no rush , my ps4 works fine plus i just got a decent enough for me graphics card at a cheap price and my youngest brother has a ps5 , i could just never return his lol .

Really i am not attached to any brand , i am willing to say hey good job no matter who if i feel they done a good job and hey bad job if they do bad job .

Lastly i would rather fly to Australia and hang with the roos than buy a console from there any day of the week , my good friend Darren lives by Sydney i think so i would go visit him .

I am in no rush , my ps4 works fine plus i just got a decent enough for me graphics card at a cheap price and my youngest brother has a ps5 , i could just never return his lol .

Really i am not attached to any brand , i am willing to say hey good job no matter who if i feel they done a good job and hey bad job if they do bad job .

Lastly i would rather fly to Australia and hang with the roos than buy a console from there any day of the week , my good friend Darren lives by Sydney i think so i would go visit him .
Yeah I'm not attached to brands either (Edit: maybe Ford :dopey:), I just have no room atm until my new mancave/garage is finished. Then I can see a Series S sitting next to my PS 5. :)

Way to crowded!
IMG_20210514_074722.jpg

And messy :embarrassed:.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not attached to brands either (Edit: maybe Ford :dopey:), I just have no room atm until my new mancave/garage is finished. Then I can see a Series S sitting next to my PS 5. :)

Way to crowded!
View attachment 1010746

And messy :embarrassed:.
You do know the rest the world is expecting a can of Fosters to be there somewhere right ? Cheers from Canada .My monitor has Nhl 21 on it , go figure

You do know the rest the world is expecting a can of Fosters to be there somewhere right ? Cheers from Canada .My monitor has Nhl 21 on it , go figure
We don't drink Fosters here :yuck:, and beers are in the fridge at my bar... but there's quite a few bottles of Bourbon in my office ;). There's also bar trays in the corner of my photo wrapped in bubble wrap. Is that close enough?

Cheers to you too from the land 'Down Under'. Hope you make it here some day :cheers:

Last edited:
We don't drink Fosters here :yuck:, and beers are in the fridge at my bar... but there's quite a few bottles of Bourbon in my office ;). There's also bar trays in the corner of my photo wrapped in bubble wrap. Is that close enough?

Cheers to you too from the land 'Down Under'. Hope you make it here some day :cheers:
I know, from my experience visting family in Australia Fosters is more popular overseas than in Australia itself. One problem with Australian beer is it's generally too cold, it should be cool not cold :lol:.

Last edited:
Ignoring overseas, the Series S has been in stock rather constantly here in Los Angeles as well. That would probably be the better option rather if he was willing.

I'm also not really attached to any brand. Before It was mostly Xbox mainly because my friends all had that, but with so many games being cross console now, I'm leaning towards the PS5 first this time.

Also...
>Limited space is available and not all who register will be selected.

Yes, that's why it said "a chance" to reserve, which everyone has been talking about.

Last edited:
Hopeful to pick up a series x at some point this year, I just keep checking for restocks.
All in with sales tax is just under $550, local Craigslist scalpers are asking $650 briefly considered spending an extra $100 just to get it but decided no.
It’s not so much the money, I just can’t support someone that uses bots for profit.

Back