Mid-Field Supercar Shootout '15 - Congratulations to the Champion DolHaus!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 658 comments
As this was my first time involved here, I am a little tentative. All of you are better drivers than me and I have the utmost respect for all of you. Some of you have tunes on the cars in my shop. (always working on something to make it better) I did my best to be fair and drive the cars to the end of my limits. On several I failed miserably. For that I appoligize in advance. I hope that my feedback is addiquite to help you all to tune cars for the group that is in the next class behind you and to improve the game experience of the drivers that are not quite up to the level of expertieze as you all. I enjoyed this much and hope that I will be welcome back. The experience taught me a lot. Thanks to you all.
Merlin

All cars run at 12:00, ABS 1 only with a DS3 controller. I run auto trans always. Sensitivity 1. All other settings as per OP page 1. Tunes entered in the same order as entered on page 1. Never tested 2 cars of the same model back to back.

doblocruiser.....SRT Viper GTS '02
forward....1:13.823
reverse....1:17.066
average...1:15.444
DC. 8
Too much like a drift setup for me. Lots of over steer. Liked being driven aggressively...till it bit ya. Really didn't like the reverse. Vipers perplex me anyway.

DaBomm4.....F40
forward....1:16.450
reverse....1:16.981
average....1:16.715
DC....8

This car is completely beyond me. Sorry man. This was just cruise laps, as soon as I pushed even a little, it put me in the grass. Massive over steer.

Brewguy44....SRT Viper ACR
forward.........1:12.444
reverse.........1:14.220
average........1:13.332
DC.....9

Liked this car. Inspired confidence to push harder. Heavy. Lots of grip, great braking, predictiable, balanced. A fun drive.

TurnLeft.....458 Italia '09
forward.........1:11.861
reverse.........1:13.906
average........1:12.883
DC....8.7

Surprised me it was this fast. It was so uncomfortable, unpredictable, one time over steer, next time push. Probably throdle control on my part.

xande1959.......Aston Martin One-77
forward...........1:11.834
reverse...........1:13.839
average..........1:13.332
DC.....8.5

The second car that surprised me that it was this fast. Fought corner entry and slow rotation till I could scream. Either end of the long straight, left a lot of time.

Motor City Hami.....GT-R '14
forward.......1:12.383
reverse........1:14.803
average.......1:14.803
DC...8.5

Easy drive, well balanced, good brakes, good rotation.......forward. Seemed to have lost some front grip on the reverse.

shaunm80.....458 Italia '09
forward......1:11.856
reverse......1:14.438
average.....1:13.593
DC....8.5

Safe, easy to drive, however bleeds off speed quickly. Had to push continuely for the times I got.

Bowtie-Muscle........Corvette ZR1 '09
forward........1:11.524
reverse........1:13.636
average.......1:12.605
DC.....9.5

My favorite car of the test. Nice drive, just loose enough. Carries good speed through the corner. Great drive off. Tolerant of curbs, aggressive habits, etc. Will get up set if PUSHED, hard. Nice Job.

787bcgr........GT-R Nismo '09
forward......1:12.265
reverse......1:13.975
average.....1:13.120
DC...8.6

Couldn't get a good line into the first corner, forward, killed lap times. Much better reverse.

Thorin Cain.....LP670-4
forward.......1:11.664
reverse.......1:13.256
average......1:12.460
DC....9.2

The biggest surprise. Felt light, liked to dance around. Good turn in, rocket up off apex, fast on straight, lots of power. Good grip if you trusted it. Did what you asked of it.....don't ask wrong!

Ridox2LZGTE......Countach '88
forward...............1:13.474
reverse................1:14.965
average..............1:14.219
DC........8

Had problems with corner entry, lack of rotation, and staying off rumble strips. Stay OFF the rumble strips. Fast, likes power through corners. I am the part responsible for the poor times.. Sorry man.

DolHaus.........Diablo '00
forward............1:11.066
reverse............1:14.390
average...........1:12.728
DC.......10

The biggest problem with this car was the loose nut at the wheel. Full review to follow at the end. good Job.

Last edited:
Hit the wrong button. 2 more to go.

brian wolf.......ZR1 '09
forward...........1:12.680
reverse............1:14.063
average...........1:13.371
DC.........8.8

a little wilder than the other vette. Cost me some time here and there, just enough to hurt lap times.

otaliema.......430 Scuderia '07
forward.........1:11.586
reverse.........1:15.235
average........1:13.410
DC........8.5

Trouble at horseshoe turn over bridge @ tunnel....both ways. Not much of a drift driver and that's what it wanted to do for me. Love this car....wish I had done better.

That's the way the fell....the feedback is short because I didn't have anymore to add to what has already been posted.

DolHaus,
This car is unique. We all eval. cars, tracks, tunes; well this car evals. drivers. Demanding car....and you will do as it asks....or it will park you. Arrogerant...it will humble you, bad habits...it will point them out rudely, indecisive....it will put you on the grass to think about it. After you calm down, and go back to it, it teaches....the better the lesson is learned, the bigger the reward. And it keeps calling you back, over and over. This car might not be for everybody, but everybody needs this car! Demands you do it right, no short cuts. I will be keeping this car, and when I am having trouble with a tune or track, I will get it back out. To see if I am the problem! Good Job. My hat is off to you. Only wish I could have made it perform better.

DolHaus,
This car is unique. We all eval. cars, tracks, tunes; well this car evals. drivers. Demanding car....and you will do as it asks....or it will park you. Arrogerant...it will humble you, bad habits...it will point them out rudely, indecisive....it will put you on the grass to think about it. After you calm down, and go back to it, it teaches....the better the lesson is learned, the bigger the reward. And it keeps calling you back, over and over. This car might not be for everybody, but everybody needs this car! Demands you do it right, no short cuts. I will be keeping this car, and when I am having trouble with a tune or track, I will get it back out. To see if I am the problem! Good Job. My hat is off to you. Only wish I could have made it perform better.
Thank you very much for the review and I'm glad you liked the car :cheers:
Well done on your first FITT testing, very consistent times across the board. I hope that the car continues to help you develop your skills as a driver as you want it to, I'm sure you'll do the angry bull proud 👍

As this was my first time involved here, I am a little tentative. All of you are better drivers than me and I have the utmost respect for all of you. Some of you have tunes on the cars in my shop. (always working on something to make it better) I did my best to be fair and drive the cars to the end of my limits. On several I failed miserably. For that I appoligize in advance. I hope that my feedback is addiquite to help you all to tune cars for the group that is in the next class behind you and to improve the game experience of the drivers that are not quite up to the level of expertieze as you all. I enjoyed this much and hope that I will be welcome back. The experience taught me a lot. Thanks to you all.
Merlin

All cars run at 12:00, ABS 1 only with a DS3 controller. I run auto trans always. Sensitivity 1. All other settings as per OP page 1. Tunes entered in the same order as entered on page 1. Never tested 2 cars of the same model back to back.

DC. 8
Too much like a drift setup for me. Lots of over steer. Liked being driven aggressively...till it bit ya. Really didn't like the reverse. Vipers perplex me anyway.

DaBomm4.....F40
DC....8

This car is completely beyond me. Sorry man. This was just cruise laps, as soon as I pushed even a little, it put me in the grass. Massive over steer.

DC.....9

Liked this car. Inspired confidence to push harder. Heavy. Lots of grip, great braking, predictiable, balanced. A fun drive.

DC....8.7

Surprised me it was this fast. It was so uncomfortable, unpredictable, one time over steer, next time push. Probably throdle control on my part.

DC.....8.5

The second car that surprised me that it was this fast. Fought corner entry and slow rotation till I could scream. Either end of the long straight, left a lot of time.

DC...8.5

Easy drive, well balanced, good brakes, good rotation.......forward. Seemed to have lost some front grip on the reverse.

DC....8.5

Safe, easy to drive, however bleeds off speed quickly. Had to push continuely for the times I got.

DC.....9.5

My favorite car of the test. Nice drive, just loose enough. Carries good speed through the corner. Great drive off. Tolerant of curbs, aggressive habits, etc. Will get up set if PUSHED, hard. Nice Job.

DC...8.6

Couldn't get a good line into the first corner, forward, killed lap times. Much better reverse.

Thorin Cain.....LP670-4
DC....9.2

The biggest surprise. Felt light, liked to dance around. Good turn in, rocket up off apex, fast on straight, lots of power. Good grip if you trusted it. Did what you asked of it.....don't ask wrong!

DC........8

Had problems with corner entry, lack of rotation, and staying off rumble strips. Stay OFF the rumble strips. Fast, likes power through corners. I am the part responsible for the poor times.. Sorry man.

DC.......10

The biggest problem with this car was the loose nut at the wheel. Full review to follow at the end. good Job.
Thank you very much for the review 👍 and for doing quite well with my car :D, so sorry about the discomfort :ouch:, I had to change the seats after @Bowtie-muscle :P tested it. I know the feeling off putting up your lap times and comments for the first time, it is a little nerve breaking :nervous:, you did very well 👍 and you'll always be welcomed to join in. :cheers:.

Midfield Supercar Shootout '15 Review
@shaunm80 :

Lap time forward - 1:10.790
Lap time reverse - 1:12.146
Combined - 2:22.936
Average - 1:11.468
DC - 8.8

The more stable and comfortable of the two 458's, faster on reverse. Forward I left too much time on the track as it should have been 3 tenths faster. Just a hint more rear rotation and it would have been awesome.

Thank you for the review and good consistent times too. I think the American muscle or "yank tanks" are going to be leading this competition but 3-5 place could be very close going by DC and times set from the european super cars.

DC....8.5

Again, welcome to FITT and well done on setting consistent times and most importantly, having fun. That is what FITT is all about so welcome to the club. Thank you for the review on my 458. It is easy to drive. It is a common theme among my FITT entries. I try and push the boat out sometimes but for this challenge, I went with old faithful and the Italian beauty did me proud.

What I find most interesting is that the two Ferrari 458 entries are scoring very similar DC and very similar times, even through they are vastly different in design. It goes to show that there are many ways to tune a car in GT6 and still be comparative when it comes to lap time.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Merlin

DC. 8

DaBomm4.....F40
DC....8

DC.....9

DC....8.7

DC.....8.5

DC...8.5

DC....8.5

DC.....9.5

DC...8.6

Thorin Cain.....LP670-4
DC....9.2

DC........8

DC.......10

DolHaus,

brian wolf.......ZR1 '09
DC.........8.8

a little wilder than the other vette. Cost me some time here and there, just enough to hurt lap times.

average........1:13.410
DC........8.5

Trouble at horseshoe turn over bridge @ tunnel....both ways. Not much of a drift driver and that's what it wanted to do for me. Love this car....wish I had done better.

That's the way the fell....the feedback is short because I didn't have anymore to add to what has already been posted.
Thanks for the testing. 👍
I tidied this up a bit, I'll make it even prettier when I have more time, no problem.👍

Can I ask you about the F430 Scuderia's reverse time? I see you said it got loose easily on you, I'm just wondering with it's reverse time being so much slower than forward.
In any case, thanks for testing and hope you had a great time. :cheers:

Fordracer - Testing results

Merlin

average...1:15.445
DC. 8

DaBomm4.....F40
average....1:16.716
DC....8

DC.....9

average........1:12.884
DC....8.7

average..........1:12.837
DC.....8.5

average.......1:13.593
DC...8.5

average.....1:13.147
DC....8.5

average.......1:12.065
DC.....9.5

DC...8.6

Thorin Cain.....LP670-4
DC....9.2

DC........8

DC.......10

DolHaus,

brian wolf.......ZR1 '09
average...........1:13.372
DC.........8.8

average........1:13.411
DC........8.5

Last edited:
DC........8

Don't worry about the times :) you have shared you experience driving the car, and from what you have said, the Countach requires different way of driving, ease on the brakes when nearing the apex, time the entry point, and you can throw the car from left to right then to left on the chicane on forward. The reverse is a bit tricky to drive from what I have read from previous reviews, finding the efficient line would help a lot, brake early when in doubt :D

You did a very good time on forward :) Thank you for the test, looks like the understeer showed on the reverse, a layout I haven't tested, my bad :( I only had time to run it on forward. Happy nonetheless, considering that I kept changes at minimal from the setup it was based on even though it's more than 200kg heavier.
Quite nice forward, just gave me fits on reverse. Not bad for a replica.:)

Great testing! Well done! I was trying to reduce the high speed understeer with -ve rear toe, just trying to get it to rotate a bit easier. But, the cost was it could get a bit sideways on exit. Good fun though!
The negative rear toe and higher ride height are what stood out for me and made yours a bit wilder but more eager to rotate. I stand by my review thinking it was the best and most consistent tune in the bunch.👍👍

DC.....9.5

Thank you for jumping in and testing, great job on the lap times and reviews:tup:. Glad you liked the Vette, came out the way I like it for the most part.:D

DolHaus,
Exactly, the best way to describe this tune, and yes, everyone should try it. Will kill you or make you a better driver, if you listen to it.:sly:

fordracer said:
DC.....9

Thank You and glad you enjoyed it and good times too, I set it up with very little tuning and it just drove great. I was very suprised even without the spoiler. 👍 Welcome to FITT. You will learn a lot here and it will help in your tuning endeavors :cheers:

Thanks for the testing. 👍
I tidied this up a bit, I'll make it even prettier when I have more time, no problem.👍
Can I ask you about the F430 Scuderia's reverse time? I see you said it got loose easily on you, I'm just wondering with it's reverse time being so much slower than forward.
In any case, thanks for testing and hope you had a great time. :cheers:
Thanks for the tidy up. The 430....I didn't like that time either, and re-tested a couple times. On the reverse route, the rear just got loose, and I began to be a lot more conservative. I wonder if the down hill nature of the reverse route shifted the cars weight a bit forward. My 430 has a tune from a entrant here....with a wing. Maybe my brain didn't make the switch. I am afraid on this one I have more questions than answers.

Yeah it likes to slide there but I couldn't tidy that'll with out slowing it down more. Try taking it back out and hit that spot straight on or do a little counter steer off throttle and it should self correct itself.
Great job for your first time testing good solid times as well. The other guys are fast you are consistent both are good.

DC.....8.5

:cheers:
thank you friends. good performance with this machine always seeking the limit.

@xande1959 :

Lap time forward - 1:10.363
Lap time reverse - 1:12.944
Combined - 2:23.307
Average - 1:11.654
DC - 8

Goodwood turned me off to this car but your tune started to change my mind. Early braking helped entry, if late you would miss it, would understeer if too fast in, oversteer too fast out. Still was not bad and put up a good time.
Reverse was a completely different story as it just did not mix with my driving. Never found a good line and was always searching for grip. Slid too much and the time suffered. Better driver will likely reward you with better times.

thank you friends. good performance with this machine always seeking the limit.:cheers:👍

Finished.
DC (Forward)
DC (Reverse)

Ridox2JZGTE - Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary edition '88
Forward: 1:10.236
Reverse: 1:12.427
Combined (avg): 1:11.332
Comments: It's really, really stiff. Like racecar/downforce stiff. But it's not a racecar, and doesn't really have downforce, likes gentle driving. I was chasing a 1:12.000 or better in reverse, but couldn't get a lap in without catching a bump wrong and it all unraveling.
DC: 5.7
DC: 5.5

doblocruiser - SRT Viper GTS '02
Forward: 1:10.015
Reverse: 1:11.668
Combined (avg): 1:10.842
Comments: Too much understeer going into corners, a little too harsh and bumpy for it's own good, really fast once you can get the power down, which is too long for this to keep up.
Better in reverse, but still not up to the rest of the cars in the shootout, note: This was the only RWD car in the shootout that I couldn't go full throttle from the apex of turn 4(long right hander before tunnel/bridge) on reverse. Low/stiff ride cause the rear to lose traction and break loose, costing serious transitioning time. Fun car though for sure.
DC: 6.7
DC: 7.4

DaBomm4 - Ferrari F40 '92
Forward: 1:10.080
Reverse: 1:11.520
Combined (avg): 1:10.800
Comments: It's loose, really loose. A switch back to default reveals it's significantly looser than default, although it is more planted through the high-speed turn 2-3 than default. Needs tightening, reverse is going to be fun. :)
Actually seemed better in reverse, although this 1:11.5 is mostly luck, really needs more rear grip, or less front, either way.
DC: 5.5
DC: 6.0

Motor City Hami - Nissan NISMO GT-R '14
Forward: 1:09.824
Reverse: 1:11.482
Combined (avg): 1:10.653
Comments: A nice driving car, but again exit understeer limited the lap time in turn 1 and the hairpin. Slower through turn 1, 2/3 than other GT-R, faster afterwards.
Doesn't shine on reverse, understeer gets in the way too much to keep up with the other GT-R. Reverse was more of the same. This car probably isn't the full 3 tenths slower my results are showing, but it's enough slower and less consistent to be decisive. (.2 maybe) Great over the crest. Not so much through hairpin in reverse. (Wheelspin? On a GT-R?)
DC: 7.3
DC: 7.5

Brewguy44 - SRT Viper ACR '08
Forward: 1:09.801
Reverse: 1:11.476
Combined (avg): 1:10.639
Comments: A nice easy drive in this, but too stiff and low, and there is some understeer more than default, which limits the car a bit also. Almost a surprise contender, might shine on reverse.
Monster through the crest/turn 1, but could use less understeer for consistency. Same basic story on reverse, it's a good solid car, but too low and stiff to get full use here. Bonus points for using half my namesake though. (cslACR) :cheers:
DC: 7.3
DC: 7.7

787bcgr - Nissan NISMO GT-R '14
Forward: 1:09.653
Reverse: 1:11.101
Combined (avg): 1:10.377
Comments: Very leisurely drive, a little more exit understeer than I would like, cost a few tenths in turn 1 and the hairpin. Otherwise very lovely. Faster than the other GT-R through turn 1 and 2/3, slower after.
Fantastic on reverse, really showing itself as the best GT-R in the contest once you're going backwards. Doesn't lose time with wheelspin, and a bit less understeer on exit than the other GT-R.
Just the better GT-R in this shootout. Both directions, very well done. A God of consistency.
DC: 7.8
DC: 9.0

TurnLeft - Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward: 1:09.501
Reverse: 1:11.237
Combined (avg): 1:10.369
Comments: Ahh, the 458's. Easily the hottest debate of the shootout for me. This one understeers too much for me, in the end. Just understeer getting in the way round every corner in reverse, makes this the losing 458 for me. But a nice stable ride in a 458 for sure, so don't despair. I believe the LSD accel could be raised a click or two.
DC: 8.2
DC: 7.0

Otaliema - Ferrari F430 Scuderia '07
Forward: 1:09.399
Reverse: 1:11.134
Combined (avg): 1:10.267
Comments: I burned the inside wheel bright red around the track. :eek: A bit too much understeer in general, a very stable F430 tune.
Love the car, and I'm thrilled someone entered this underdog against the 458's, let alone a faster one! (forward) :cheers:
Still good in reverse, but understeer and wheelspin kept it from breaking 10's, and ultimately let ShaunM go past (literally down the straight to the finish)
DC: 8.2
DC: 7.5

shaunm80 - Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward: 1:09.477
Reverse: 1:10.908
Combined (avg): 1:10.193
Comments: Shaun, I *** love this car. It has a little understeer when I don't want it, but it's really great, especially for a shootout like this, where consistency matters also. I could enter an endurance race with this car. Excellent feel/ride.
Fastest and best over the crest. Bonus. Most important corner in the shootout and it nailed it, every time.
DC: 10.0

Bowtie-Muscle - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09
Forward: 1:09.237
Reverse: 1:10.945
Combined (avg): 1:10.091
Comments: A bit too much understeer, and it feels like it could use some ride height around the bumpy curve after the first tunnel. Nice and easy to drive. Very solid and stable.
Better in reverse, but still "skipping" over bumps and dips, costing time and consistency. Good overall, just not good enough to match the other "top dogs".
DC: 7.8
DC: 8.1

xande1959 - Aston Martin One-77 '11
Forward: 1:09.219
Reverse: 1:10.937
Combined (avg): 1:10.078
Comments: Very lovely to drive, pretty sure it's going to turn a better time, 1st car driven. Love the car, and it feels great with this tune on it too. No notable issues to correct, it was very lovely. Completely solid all around. Very well done.
DC: 9.5
DC: 9.5

Thorin Cain - Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce LP-670 '09
Forward: 1:08.999
Reverse: 1:10.706
Combined (avg): 1:09.853
Comments: Some oversteer at higher speeds, understeer when pushed hard, a solid car that's relatively easy to drive.
Shined in reverse, although I couldn't quite get the times I expected, it's definitely a easy to drive, stable and solid Murcielago tune. I drove all the cars default, and this is a great improvement in stability and reliability.
DC: 8.7
DC: 9.3

brian wolf - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09
Forward: 1:08.831
Reverse: 1:10.688
Combined (avg): 1:09.760
Comments: Not as stable as the other ZR1, this is a bit faster, and a bit easier to crash. The better ZR1 in the shootout for me, but for some reason it was very difficult to really nail down a good lap on reverse. Not inconsistent, but inconsistent enough to lose .2-.3. Something's off for me though, I wish I could tell you what, it's just got some cork left in it.
DC: 9.2
DC: 8.0

DolHaus - Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
Forward: 1:08.466
Reverse: 1:10.165
Combined (avg): 1:09.316
Comments: I really love this car. Not much to change, I did have some "lock and slide" issues entering the hairpin in reverse, and it probably could have been a little more stable, but great. 👍
DC: 9.8

Last edited:
A couple of these need re-tested yet, although I don't expect much to change. Reverse tomorrow. :)

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: It's really, really stiff. Like racecar/downforce stiff. But it's not a racecar, and doesn't really have downforce, likes gentle driving.

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: It's loose, really loose. A switch back to default reveals it's significantly looser than default, although it is more planted through the high-speed turn 2-3 than default. Needs tightening, reverse is going to be fun. :)

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Too much understeer going into corners, a little too harsh and bumpy for it's own good, really fast once you can get the power down, which is too long for this to keep up.

Forward: 1:09.896
Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Very leisurely drive, a little more exit understeer than I would like, cost a few tenths in turn 1 and the hairpin. Otherwise very lovely. Faster than the other GT-R through turn 1 and 2/3, slower after.

Forward: 1:09.875
Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: A nice driving car, but again exit understeer limited the lap time in turn 1 and the hairpin. Slower through turn 1, 2/3 than other GT-R, faster afterwards.

Reverse:
Combined:

Comments: A nice easy drive in this, but too stiff and low, and there is some understeer more than default, which limits the car a bit also. Almost a surprise contender, might shine on reverse.

Forward: 1:09.619
Reverse:
Combined:
Comments:

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments:

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: I burned the inside wheel bright red around the track. :eek: A bit too much understeer in general, a very stable F430 tune.

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: A bit too much understeer, and it feels like it could use some ride height around the bumpy curve after the first tunnel. Nice and easy to drive. Very solid and stable.

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Very lovely to drive, pretty sure it's going to turn a better time, 1st car driven.

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Some oversteer at higher speeds, understeer when pushed hard, a solid car that's relatively easy to drive.

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Not as stable as the other ZR1, this is a bit faster, and a bit easier to crash.

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Blows everything else away, a little rough over bumpy stuff, which might keep it from an uber-low 1:08 or that fateful 1:07, but managed to be as consistent (more technically) as anything else that ran 1:08 so far.
Nice, excellent times you achieved:tup:, looking forward to what you come up with in the reverse layout. A bit higher would have helped on that corner for sure on my tune, but reverse is a tad different, so I will wait for your thoughts there:).
Great review.

A couple of these need re-tested yet, although I don't expect much to change. Reverse tomorrow. :)

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: It's really, really stiff. Like racecar/downforce stiff. But it's not a racecar, and doesn't really have downforce, likes gentle driving.

That's a quick time :eek:, the car is stiff on stock weight, imagine same springs setup on 1250kg car ( the original replica RainX JGTC it was based on ) :lol: Race car don't necessarily has to have downforce, the JGTC Countach has virtually stock body shape, except for the smaller than stock rear wing, more rear cooling intakes and brake ducts on the front. It was several seconds behind the backmarker in JGTC :( The stock weight entry needs more care as it's heavier.
You are the 1st tester who beated my test time 👍

Forward is finished, Reverse started. :)

Reverse:
Combined:

Reverse:
Combined:

Reverse:
Combined:

Forward: 1:09.824
Reverse: 1:11.463
Combined:
Doesn't shine on reverse, understeer gets in the way too much to keep up with the other GT-R.

Reverse: 1:11.384
Combined:

Feels like it can drop a few tenths, but understeer is keeping me from making full use of it's potential to enter turn 1 at light speed.

Forward: 1:09.639
Reverse: 1:11.101
Combined:
Fantastic on reverse, really showing itself as the best GT-R in the contest once you're going backwards. Doesn't lose time with wheelspin, and a bit less understeer on exit than the other GT-R.

Forward: 1:09.619
Reverse:
Combined:
Comments:

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments:

Reverse:
Combined:

Reverse:
Combined:

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Very lovely to drive, pretty sure it's going to turn a better time, 1st car driven.

Reverse:
Combined:

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Not as stable as the other ZR1, this is a bit faster, and a bit easier to crash.

Reverse:
Combined:
Comments: Blows everything else away, a little rough over bumpy stuff, which might keep it from an uber-low 1:08 or that fateful 1:07, but managed to be as consistent (more technically) as anything else that ran 1:08 so far.

excellent job. congratulate beautiful performance 1:08. *** our show. thank you very much, sir:bowdown::cheers:👍

brian wolf.......ZR1 '09
DC.........8.8

Thanks for testing. 👍 Great job :cheers:

Reverse:
Combined:

Great times and a spot on review! :cheers:

Here are my results for the Mid-Field Supercar Shootout.

All cars tested for 10 laps using DS3 (x go, square brake, d-pad steer) and auto trans. All aids off except ABS1 and driving line, on Mid-Field raceway forward and reverse, at 12:00, with grip set to real.

Some great tunes provided here, and I think i'll be keeping them all. I'm looking foward to them all getting custom boxes when the bug is fixed.

Listed as per tuner post.

@doblocruiser
Forward - 1:12:101
Struggled to figure out the grip levels and you need to pick the right time to get on the power. Fun car to throw around once you did though.

Reverse - 1:14:000
Preferred this car on reverse. Seemed much easier to control, even the full drift induced by the crest at the 1st corner.

DC - 7

@DaBomm4
Forward - 1:12:400
Fun car to throw around, and quite drifty. Thought it coped well with the kerbs, but struggled with the bumps.

Reverse - 1:13:975
So much depends on you being able to control the rear. Again, fun to throww around the track. Good effort with this one.

DC - 7

@Brewguy44
Foward - 1:11:342
This car has bags of grip. Excellent on corner entry and easy to get the power down early. A little off throttle understeer if you enter too hot, but all round excellent job.

Reverse - 1:13:352
Again excellent grip, but maybe would have benefitted from being a bit looser on the reverse track. Less margin for error. Excellent over the crest once you figure out how to take it.

DC - 8.5

@TurnLeft
Forward - 1:10:241
Has lots of grip, but also has a tail that wants, and tries to step out. Well tuned out however, although takes some getting used to.

Reverse - 1:12:580
Do what you can in a straight line and it'll reward. Noticed brake release oversteer this way round. Good effort.

DC - 7.5

@xande1959
Forward - 1:10:273
Suffered with some understeer, understandable given the weight. Good effort.

Reverse - 1:12:759
Didn't notice the understeer so much this way round. Good under braking and through the corner with a little oversteer on exit if on the power too early.

DC - 7.5

@Motor City Hami
Forward - 1:11:202
Good solid tune with good turn in and rotation. Felt a little under powered after the Aston.

Reverse - 1:13:060
Good solid car this way round too. Does exactly waht you want it too. Well done.

DC - 8.5

@shaunm80
Forward - 1:10:356
Has excellent balance. Good turn in and rotation and easy to get power down.

Reverse - 1:12:333
Again shows good balance. Copes well with the crest. All round excellent car. Good effort.

DC - 9

@Bowtie-muscle
Forward - 1:09:760
Fantastic drive. Does exactly what you want it to, and does it fast. Good under braking and turn in, good through the corner and can get the power down with confidence.

Reverse - 1:11:889
A little less well behaved this way round. The car seemed to get upset by the bumps. Nailing the drift on the crest is mega important, look out for the smile though when you do!

DC - 9.5

@787bcgr
Forward - 1:10:503
Very stable tune that does exactly what you ask. Good turn in and roation with the expected understeer if you get too deep.

Reverse - 1:12:901
Well planted car that refused to drift over the crest. Noticed the understeer more this way round, especially the double left after the tunnel.

DC - 8

@Thorin Cain
Forward - 1:09:859
Well behaved and balanced tune. Good turn in and rotation and easy to get on the power. No noticeable understeer or issues with it's weight.

Reverse - 1:12:132
A different proposition this way round. Didn't cope overly well with the crest where I suffered some over rotation. Noticed some lift off oversteer too.

DC - 9

@Ridox2JZGTE
Forward - 1:11:641
Encountered some off throttle understeer taht affected my ability to post a quick time. Had good turn in but suffered mid corner. Easy to get the power down on exit.

Reverse - 1:12:998
A good lap time relies on a controllable drife caused by the crest. If you can nail that, it'll produce. Good turn in and decent mid corner this way round.

DC - 7.5

@DolHaus
Forward - 1:10:061
This car is all about the front end. If you can adjust to the responsiveness, it'll give good, consistent lap times. Front also liked to lock up under braking.

Reverse - 1:11:464
Found it easier to drive reverse. Front end was more controllable, but the crest hurt lap times. Very hard to get it right.

DC - 8.5

@brian wolf
Forward - 1:09:747
A bit looser that the other ZR1, but also a bit quicker. Good turn in and rotation with a hint of oversteer. Was 0.2 up on lap 7 until I messed up the corner before the last tunnel. Well done.

Reverse - 1:11:246
Once again loose is fast for me, but watch out, this car wants to be a drift-meister really.

DC - 9

@Otaliema
Forward - 1:10:507
Good stable car, easy to drive. Some slight push mid corner stopped me getting on the power earlier.

Reverse - 1:12:198
Same as forward really. Easy to handle over the crest. A bit looser would have suited me better.

DC - 8.5

@brian wolf
Forward - 1:09:747
A bit looser that the other ZR1, but also a bit quicker. Good turn in and rotation with a hint of oversteer. Was 0.2 up on lap 7 until I messed up the corner before the last tunnel. Well done.

Reverse - 1:11:246
Once again loose is fast for me, but watch out, this car wants to be a drift-meister really.

DC - 9
Great testing as ever Biffa! :cheers:👍

Back