midfield drifting

• Thread starter racer -x-
  • 3 comments
:nervous: i need a little help on my skills...i jus recently tuned two drifting cars in my garage(240sx and infini rx-7) they do me very good, i use them on about everyting when i drift...but i cant drift the some the corners on midfield...to be exact...the 1st corner and the 4th, i just need to know if these cars arent the cars i should be using, or im i not doing something right in the settings, i also need to know if i should use another drift car(like a silvia or somethin) so i wont have this problem...thanx

what do u mean by can't drift? is it no drift at all or u just drif a half or 3 quarter of the corner (i refer to the 1st corner)... if u don't mind try give a little bit detail on on your action lke before entering the corner after u go through underneath the bridge what did you do (a map will be better) and what gear are you using? i'm a kind of using a mix of brake and feint drift.

im referring to the first corner after the straightaway, and the 4th corner after the bridge...my cars have no problem beginning the drift, but its hard for me stay in a drift, usually i make to the middle of the curve...but after i either spin-out or my tires gain traction again and i perform a normal trun, this happens on both of the curves, am i doing something wrong???
thanx

u must gain enough momentum to make a better drift for both corner. try use the feint motion for the first corner. here is my explanation.

after the straightaway, (in the 5th gear) shake your car a bit brake smoothly just before u going through the bridge shadow and drop to 4th gear. turn the steering to the left and when your front car just arrive at the kerb on the left brake hard and at the same time turn your steering to the right. your car will start to slip and drifting in the middle of the road. press the e-brake a bit if u need more momentum to push your car further but be careful, too much your car will ened up out of the track at the second turn. since u need to drift until the second corner, concioulsy take a glance on your right for the kerb. just before u get pass the kerb, brake smoothly and drop to 3rd gear. control your throttle and try to maintain a half turn of your steering.

for the 4th corner, u need to do another tfeint motion but withour using the brake. just shake your car a bit to the right and then when u fully turn your steering to the lecft, let go the gas. when u get the angle, smoothly setp on the gas back and also here, try to maintain the half turn of your steering. with sim tyre u won't have difficulty for both corner but a bit tricky with hard compund racing tyre (more e-brake apply).

well i hope this might help u. sorry for my bad english cause i don't know much of the vocab and terminology in the method i used. right now i'm practising for the long corner at the apricot hill and tokyo route 246. mostly ended up drifting 3 quarter of the corner.hihi

Back