Midnight Club Meetup 6: Saturday 28th Feb

GilesGuthrie

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
Edinburgh, UK
CMDRTheDarkLord
Thanks for the banner, Robin.

Getting Started

Before you start anything, please add me on PSN. My PSN is "GTP_GilesGuthrie". If you do not add me, you might not be invited to the game. It's also advisable to add some others who are coming too.

Since I don't have a microphone, I can't control proceedings. If someone is microphone-enabled and wants to take control, that's fine. State that here.

Where is the meetup point?

Hollywood studios, right in the middle of the map. Use your GPS to find me.

What will we do?

First of all we will cruise, after a bit of me leading, I'll tell everyone over the microphone when it's their turn to lead. Soon after, we will move off to the drag racing point. Then, we'll have a few races and play a few games of CTF/Stockpile.

The most important thing - When?

8AM GMT, Saturday. Please check your times.

The way of communication/Common Rules/Common Sense

Here are the set of rules and other things which you'll need to abide by when you're cruising with everyone.

- No Ramming on purpose.
- No aggressive driving while cruising (Which means, you can drive however you like in the races)
- No throttle trick on races (Those of you who I have told about or know about the throttle trick, you'll know what I mean.)

If a member of the group suddenly disappears, please stop on the side of the road (don't brake check..) until I invite them back. It would also be helpful if you could invite them back too.

Don't bring unfair cars in races. Please change to a car comparable which I (GTP_GilesGuthrie) will be in. If I'm in an RS4, please don't bring a 240SX unless that's your only car. Bring comparable cars to keep things close. It's ok to bring an exotic if you have one, but cruising won't really be fun with it. Class C-B-A cars are probably going to be the most popular.

On any road, if I speed up instantly don't speed up yourself. I'm simply trying to point out an upcoming route for everyone to take. I might allocate someone else if they're up for it to help me with this.

We will also take turns to lead during the cruise. The time limit will be 5minutes per player. Please have a clock nearby or something to time with when it's your turn. I will send a PSN Message saying "turn" to you, that is the key to lead. Don't reply to this message. Now that I have a microphone, I can now point out who's turn it is. Turn your speakers up! Remember, after your 5 minutes is up, please park and let the next person take over.

Some keys to leading -

- Don't go too fast
- If someone falls behind, wait up for them, don't stop but slow your speed
- Don't take unknown and hard to find shortcuts and paths unless everyone can clearly tell you're going there
- Have a small gap between you (the leader) and everyone else. This makes it easy for people following

After everyone has had a go, I will take over again and we'll start with the races.

About photos, sometimes I might park in a spot or try and line everyone up. This is your key to line up, you will then line up in a orderly fashion. Let me be on the very end, since it'll be easier to capture everyone in the photo.

Everyone is expected to use common sense during the cruise, and gentlemanly behaviour is expected.

I get Disconnected or my game freezes, how do I get back?

If you by any chance disconnect, don't bother sending a PSN since I always keep an eye if someone disappears. It's very hard to message while cruising, and I will send you another invite as soon as I get the next chance to stop. If you keep regularly disconnecting, after trying a couple of times, it sometimes may be not worth bothering to come back. I will keep sending invites when I get the chance, but I'm sorry if you keep disconnecting, there's nothing anyone can do about it. This time, we will not move rooms if someone wants to get in but can't. In the end, it ends up disconnecting more people. I will make the room, and you will stay in it. If your game freezes, I will again send an invite when the chance arises so please be patient until I send you one.

How will the drag racing work?

That map is the lower part of Downtown, it's Grand Avenue, and it has a 65mph speed limit and starts right under the freeway.

You line up where the red line is, side by side. Just imagine this photo being 2 cars lined up next to each other (the other car to the left in the photo) . Obviously you line up at the white crossing line with the bumper just touching it.

You will then go when I say "3, 2, 1, GO!" on the microphone so have your volume up. The rules are simple, only handbrake/burnout starts are allowed, no nitrous allowed, and no clutch trick or anything else which escapes the rule. You'll stay in your lanes, and try to stick into your lane as much as possible.

The finish line is the pedestrian crossing (white line) as you pass Olympia. You keep the throttle on even after finishing, so don't brake as you pass the finish line. The cars here are just on the finishing line.

Player 1 will finish on the left lane, and P2 will be on the right.

At the end, the lanes will kind of split. Inbetween these lanes, an extra lane is added, this is where the race official/ump will be waiting. This is why you'll keep accelerating past the finish line. He will decide who wins if it's a tight race. Ofcourse, only those of us with microphones can be it. So we'll all take turns doing it.

After the race, head back to the starting line on the correct side of the road, in lanes. After you return back to the starting line, the next pair will be up.

Obviously everyone will be expected to change into comparable cars for the drag racing. This can be done on the day itself.

What cars will I need?

You will not need a Chevrolet Camaro 1969. :)
A fully tuned Mazda RX-7 would be sensible.

Otherwise, bring what you want. I'd like to have an Exotics race (with a Ducati for those who haven't unlocked/can't afford an exotic)

The Attendance List

Turbo Lag (hopefully)
lildomplaya (hopefully)
jswilli1 (hopefully)
GilesGuthrie
JonesyGT246

Last edited:
Might show up, not sure. Since I've now started school and all, I'm not too sure. I've also got a wedding to attend to, and also the Motor Show right after. Please feel free to copy my other OP aswell.

If I am up I will join you guys. That is 1am for me which would not be a problem but I have to go to the snow all day Saturday with the Boy Scouts and do sledding.

Back