Mileage and engine overhauls

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattZR1
  • 8 comments
  • 1,078 views
Messages
932
United States
Peoria, AZ, USA
Messages
MattZR1_81
So I know when you rack up the miles the hp will go down, like every GT game. Well, if I eventually do an engine overhaul will the hp always go back to normal no matter the mileage on it?

The engine overhaul is so expensive on alot of the high end cars and I was just wondering if I put off the overhaul, that I can restore all the original hp in the future when I do decide to do it.
 
HP can't be fully restored after some point, not sure when.
 
Sometime after 15k the HP stops restoring to its original number. Until then, it doesn't really matter when you do the restore.
 
Why did they even add engine overhaul and why do they charge so much
 
Why did they even add engine overhaul and why do they charge so much

Good question. I could understand it if an engine/chassis combined overhaul set miles back to zero . One million is a lot to stump up for a few HP. Also, you can only do one or two short races before it is ready to do it again!
 
Also, you can only do one or two short races before it is ready to do it again!
You don't need to overhaul the engine every time the option is available in GT Auto. It usually takes several hundred miles for the engine to actually benefit from a rebuild.
 
Aren't there like 859,798,468,965,678,849 threads about this already? Sorry if I'm wrong.
 
I accidentally overhauled my first X2010 not long after I got it and peak bhp went up to 1559bhp, whereas my second, undriven X2010 has only 1509.

Now I've put about 6k miles on the first one (B spec grinding the Dream Car Championship - the best way to make money IMHO) and oil changes don't restore it. above 1500 any more. 500k for a rebuild but I guess it's earned it.

But if they don't last (as someone has pointed out) is there any point?

Do engines reach a certain low point and then stop or can they degrade 100%?
 
Back