Mileage Exchange cars - worth getting?

Hi all. Just getting started with GTS. My question is as the thread title, i.e. are the cars you can get from the mileage exchange worth getting? For example, this week, there is a BMW M4 Safety Car Gr.X, and a Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car N500, how would they compare against the closest version you could buy in he regular store?

Thanks,

Dave.

Not really unless you use them in GT League (where possible) or something or just like collecting (as this in the only way you can get them) but it's not like anything in the mileage exchange is a must and you get mileage points easily enough so you may as well take anything you don't already own from there. As said the cars don't tick though, even when you own them, so always check before acquiring one as obviously you can't get the points back afterwards.

Depends what you do in game. If your just starting out and mileage points aren't plentiful, it's best to leave them until you have 10s of thousands of mileage points so you don't run out. If you're big into the livery editor it be best to spend your points on the paints and rims first. Eventually you'll get to a point where you have nothing left to spend mileage points on anymore so don't fret. If you can't be bothered with the livery editor then you might as well buy the cars.

You'll never need those cars for anything, sometimes they are good options in the Nations Cup races though as for the most part they handle and brake really well compared to a standard roadcar. They might never be the meta car in a race but are pretty easy to drive. Personally one of my favorite cars to drive in any N500 race is the Lancer GR.B Roadcar, I love that thing!

1,000% yes. They are OP, if anything, in their classes (say N400-600?).... being GT3 race cars made road legal you would expect that.

They all handle so good, its rather disconcerting even the FWD converted to MR cars. Super lightweight and heaps of power, even detuned.

They were a bargain in the early days when they were only 2,500 points! I try not to run them as you tend to really outpace the field.

Hi all. Just getting started with GTS. My question is as the thread title, i.e. are the cars you can get from the mileage exchange worth getting? For example, this week, there is a BMW M4 Safety Car Gr.X, and a Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car N500, how would they compare against the closest version you could buy in he regular store?

Thanks,

Dave.
the Corvette is not worth it nor the Subaru and Mitsubishi.
Get Mustang Atenza and RCZ

Compared to normal cars they have a narrower power range and they got shallower steering angle.

The 3 I listed are great drift cars when using drift tab. The Corvette doesn't work for some reason, and the 2 japanese 4wd don't let you adjust torque distribution so they're very boring things to drive

Last edited:
If you primarily play Sport Mode, no not really. I have all the available mileage exchange cars because you get to a point where there's so little so spend mileage points on you may as well. I only have each car in one colour as I'm not bothered about owning the same car in different colours.

I buy either special colour pace cars or Gr.3 Road Cars (mainly the latter ones because they are enjoyable to drive and to use.) Then again, I play a lot of Sport mode, lobby racing, practicing etc. with some campaign on the side so I don't have a problem with managing mileage points :lol:

I would say they are worth it.

IMHO the Gr 3 Road Cars are worth it... the Special Safety Cars not so much...

Still, remember they are available on the Mileage Exchange on cycle, not random, so any car will be available to buy again in 16 weeks time (8 cars * 2 weeks cycle)

You must prioritize how you should spend your Mileage Points:

- Car upgrades (basically useless for Sport Mode, because of BoP, not really essential in Campaign Mode also...)
- Paint chips and wheels (if you intend to have fun in Livery Editor right from kick off, go for it...)
- Helmets, suits and poses (like paint chips and wheels, if you are in to that...)
- Special cars (the Gr 3 Road Cars are awesome in many Nxxx categories, as they have a lot of downforce compared to "normal road cars", refined suspension and more rigid chassis, the Safety Cars, some people love to put a police livery and accelerate through Tokyo Expressway just for fun and/or Photo Mode, depends again to what you would like to do). Just remember that, contrary to Gr 3 Road Cars, that are N500 cars, the Safety Cars are Gr. X cars, so may be ineligible to some road car races or its power output deficit would not matter to get a Handicap Bonus.

If you primarily play Sport Mode, no not really. I have all the available mileage exchange cars because you get to a point where there's so little so spend mileage points on you may as well. I only have each car in one colour as I'm not bothered about owning the same car in different colours.

And that too

Last edited:
The Gr.3 road cars are track toys, but they won’t thrive on high speed courses such as Tokyo East, and Fuji.

However, they can still be beaten by the likes of 911s, F40, GT40, S-FR Racing since they have better top speeds while they having equal pace with those homologation specials.

I've found the Alfa Romeo 4C and the Peugeot great for the Premium Sport Lounge (except at Tokyo). I think the Mitsubishi is pretty good, as is the Mustang, but I'm not a fan of the Corvette. No opinion on the Atenza other than it's a BIG car. Don't forget that mileage points can be used to lower the power on these for many career events.

I was in a no-tuning lobby some time ago, with horsepower and weight limits. I chose the 4C. It wiped the field. 👍

You can adjust torque split on them..
I think you're confused?
I've found the Alfa Romeo 4C and the Peugeot great for the Premium Sport Lounge (except at Tokyo). I think the Mitsubishi is pretty good, as is the Mustang, but I'm not a fan of the Corvette. No opinion on the Atenza other than it's a BIG car. Don't forget that mileage points can be used to lower the power on these for many career events.

I was in a no-tuning lobby some time ago, with horsepower and weight limits. I chose the 4C. It wiped the field.
I forgot the 4C when I listed the good ones.

Last edited:
I've bought a couple of the Gr.3 if I like the way they look, but they're hardly essential IMO.

I do like some of the Safety Car colours, however so I have two or 3 each of those.

Latest Posts

Back