Mileage Points for Liveries?

• Thread starter BLiTZ
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
Selby
spooned12000rpm
I know I'm not alone in the 'Spends more time in the Livery Editor, than actually racing' camp, and up until recently I've been able to squeeze in enough racing to earn sufficient Mileage Points to buy all the wheels and paint chips in the Exchange each week. But the livery I'm working on at the moment has somewhat taken over my life and as a result I've only completed about 5 races in the space of a week and finally ran out of MP's with this week's refresh.

Some quick maths suggests I'll need to do at least 15-20 races to earn enough points to buy next week's chips and planning ahead I'm going to have to double that as I'll be away on holiday for a week soon and won’t have any race time before the store is next refreshed, so it looks like I have some grinding ahead.

All this got me thinking. Currently there is no incentive to make/share (good) liveries and decals in the game. Sure you can aim for Likes, but at the end of the day that's just a number, it there is no reward for the hard effort and time invested nor any credit received when people use your work. Wouldn't it be great if you were given something back in return? The obvious thing would be Mileage Points, say 10 for each time your livery is downloaded, that way you're getting something back and you can use it to buy more assets to use for future designs.

Missing out on the chips isn't the end of the world, I rarely use them and TBH when I first got the game I passed on colours I didn't think I'd use, but now I buy them all as it's something to collect and you never know when you might need them (I'm hoping at some point they figure out how to enable use of special colours on decals).

I normally find the time to setup the elastic bands on a custom Difficult Gr.1 Blue Moon race. Choose a slow car and go for the credits, or choose a fast car and go for the mileage points.

I normally find the time to setup the elastic bands on a custom Difficult Gr.1 Blue Moon race. Choose a slow car and go for the credits, or choose a fast car and go for the mileage points.

This.

Now that all the wheels, cars, helmets are collected (if you bought them the first time they appear), one night of rubber-banding with the Tomahawk is far enough to buy the missing paints.

Some quick maths suggests I'll need to do at least 15-20 races to earn enough points to buy next week's chips and planning ahead I'm going to have to double that as I'll be away on holiday for a week soon and won’t have any race time before the store is next refreshed, so it looks like I have some grinding ahead.

..... Currently there is no incentive to make/share (good) liveries and decals in the game. Sure you can aim for Likes, but at the end of the day that's just a number, it there is no reward for the hard effort and time invested nor any credit received when people use your work. Wouldn't it be great if you were given something back in return? The obvious thing would be Mileage Points, say 10 for each time your livery is downloaded, that way you're getting something back and you can use it to buy more assets to use for future designs.

Missing out on the chips isn't the end of the world, I rarely use them and TBH when I first got the game I passed on colours I didn't think I'd use, but now I buy them all as it's something to collect and you never know when you might need them (I'm hoping at some point they figure out how to enable use of special colours on decals).

Some grinding ahead - I've chosen to do the Premium sports lounge races a few times to get mileage points and money. However, I try to get the daily car most days, this and the odd binge on Sports mode races keeps me up with enough mileage points. However, now I have 3 of each of the Gr.3/Gr.B Road cars - mileage points are building up quite nicely. Soon I'll be getting helmets and poses instead of them going to waste.

No Incentive - judging by the vast number of liveries shared, I don't think that any incentive is needed. However, in terms of raising the average quality - now that is another issue. Having said that, my liveries are (in my opinion) just starting to become okay, I really cringe at my earlier efforts. It takes quite a bit of skill, thinking, artistic ability and time to make really good liveries. It has taken me 6 months or so to get where I am now - the next 6 months will see more progress. Any more rewards for good liveries could well become a disincentive for beginners to develop. I've seen some pretty dreadful liveries get 100's of likes, and several outstanding liveries receive just but a handful of likes.

Something to collect - I've collected them all from the beginning, but only use about 10. I wish that there was a way of selecting favourites for all of the colours. Navigating the special colours is beginning to be a bit of a pain.

Please keep up the amazing work with your liveries, they really are stunning.

I to spend most of my time in the LE. I do however run a race to start with, so I get the workout done. I also have completed GT League.

With that said, I don't buy cars unless I have to, or really want it, and don't spend points on upgrading cars either, so I've hit the credit cap numerous times, and I'm nearly at the points cap.

My point being, if you're tight with the currency like I am, you never run out, and are usually forced to spend the excess. No grinding involved.

I know that doesn't help you now, but could in the future.

Edit; I got side track, and meant to say, it would be cool to get paid when somebody uses something you shared, but really I'd be happy with just knowing when something has been used.

Latest Posts

Back