Milestone announced their new MXGP 2019

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 13 comments
Ten-foot jump into a two-wheel drift. Them's some skillz.

But seriously, there's still too much handwaving of what goes on at the contact patch. It's like the game treats it as grip, but adds lateral creep to give the impression of constant sliding.

Woot!! Woot!! Mine will be here tomorrow - hopefully waiting on me before I get home from work!

upload_2019-8-26_11-14-1.png

Forgot that I had preordered it! :lol::lol:

But, in the meantime, got to spend a little time with MXGP 2019 last night. Will say that if you didn't much care for MXGP Pro, Monster Energy Supercross, etc., etc... then this game probably shouldn't be on your Amazon wish list.

The game itself plays very much like MXGP Pro, but the menus and interface look very different. Not good or bad, really, and deciding still if I like the "new" look. The game plays pretty similar to the last iteration, however, the rutting is way more noticeable to me. 'Course, I haven't played MXGP Pro in several months so it may be similar there as well - just seems more "challenging" this time. Overall, I like it, and did two Championship races (2 races each) and then rode around the "Playground" for a few minutes. Running the game on Medium difficulty, Pro handling, no joint brakes, and manual tranny I was able to get a 12th in the first race in Argentina, and a 1st in the second race (missed the hole shot by that much!). Then off to sunny 'ol England, where it was chucking it down the whole time, I got a 9th and 14th for my efforts. The wet track was a real challenge and I'm gonna have to figure out some bike setup for the rain as the bike was terrible to ride.

Fun game though, and I'll play it as a distraction to Project Cars 2 and MotoGP 19. 👍

Here's some screen grabs of the 2nd race in Argentina, skipped by the replay in the first race and the ones in England were terrible because of the rain. Some of these came out a bit dark even in the full sunshine...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Got my scrub on!!!

enhance

enhance

Back