Mines Skyline - Best 4WD car in game?

• Thread starter YellowEv0
  • 26 comments
GTP_Charvel88
my pride and joy is my Mines Skyline and i am sure it is up there with the best handling cars in the game. the stability of having 4WD means you can give it the beans in the corners without the back end slipping out like in RWD cars.

anybody else love this car?

I also love this car - sounds great, looks great and handles great.

I went back and tuned my standard R34 as close to the Mine's as I could make it, and this now kicks as well.

Used the Mines to beat s7 and s10 placing 3rd in both but im still happy. It's not the best handling car but it's so forgiving of my heavy foot :).

not to mention the r34 is gorgeous

off topic: would anyone else have loved to see an R32 GTR in prologue? tuner or stock....

the mine's car Is great. just tried it last night, and it runs really well even with just the default settings. and the sound is very nice. love the whining it makes specially in the high rpms.

my pride and joy is my Mines Skyline and i am sure it is up there with the best handling cars in the game. the stability of having 4WD means you can give it the beans in the corners without the back end slipping out like in RWD cars.

anybody else love this car?

I love it, but I don't think you can give it the beans in the corner as you say, especially not in professional physics mode, I was actually surprised at how much that car can drift around the first time I drove it, especially with spirited driving. Long sweeping corners can be tricky to if you blip the throttle at the wrong time, the back end will come around just like an FR car. This car is a beast however and once mastered, it is an ultimate track day weapon.

I got top tyme at Daytona's Road Course with the Mine's BNR34..Anybody up to try to beat it?..:cool:

I'm not the biggest nissan Skyline fan.
I prefer the r8 with the 650 Suzuka tune from TLD racing.

Corners amazingly.

I got top tyme at Daytona's Road Course with the Mine's BNR34..Anybody up to try to beat it?..:cool:

Hey Hamilton is it in TT?? Of corse LOL always up for a chalange with my baby MINES wich is one of the best cars in the globe:crazy:! Its very very hard to beat that car in a real track :sly:

I must say i love my new Subaru Impreza 05 tune i have been working on.
Definatly the best 4WD round the twisties but obviously lacks some power on straights.

Set up for Eiger and it flies.

Definately the best to drive in my opinion. Needs some shorter ratios to fully make use of it's fantastic motor though.

I like my Mine's Skyline but i prefer my GT concept EVO X.
Just my thought.

My only complaint about the Evos is they're a bit boring to drive at times, although with an adjustable F/R Torque distribution (not sure if any of the Evos allow it) they could be more fun, but still not as fun as the masses of power provided by the Mines.

Yea the EVO can be boring at time and I have only used the MINE's a few time when i used the EVO for most of the S class races.

Definately the best to drive in my opinion. Needs some shorter ratios to fully make use of it's fantastic motor though.

To me it seemes I drive this car the best of all of them. I keep wondering if the real life car drives at all the same or is it someones favorite car at PD and therefor having better than real life handeling?

I'm not sure, I'd say something like the Amuse (which would perhaps be considered a rival) corners faster and on less grippy tyres the Mines can understeer, or oversteer wildly under throttle. That said, with a bit of tweaking the Mines is very, very stable and when you use the car stock, longer ratios mean you don't always end up having all the power down right away thanks to a hint of turbo lag.

The Evos are not boring, they should be the best 4WD cars, they are so fun to drive because you only have to focus on getting the lines right, not regulating the throttle and steering in unison the whole time like in most cars. Sadly due to their awesome chassis and suspension setup at stock, and the computer assists that come pre-programmed into the car, it gets marked up on PP. So in the 750PP races they are grossly underpowered, even the GT tuned ones.

So yes, the Mines is the best, but only because the Evo X is underpowered at high level racing. The Mines can near 600bhp in a 750PP event, but the Tuned Evo X only managed 520ish, with similar weight.

Latest Posts

Back