Mines Skyline in PP750 = Noob?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xLarkins
  • 28 comments
  • 2,143 views
Messages
16
Messages
xLarkins
First of all, I understand that not everyone online is the cleanest racer, but those who use this car in particular seem to be peculiarly dirty racers. 9/10 Mines Skylines I've raced against are fans of using other cars as bumpers to slow them when they come into a corner too hot.

It's almost getting unbearable and making me want to play through the events again. Anyone else noticing this, or am I just paranoid now? :boggled:
 
run the pro events , less chance of punters
 
First of all, I understand that not everyone online is the cleanest racer, but those who use this car in particular seem to be peculiarly dirty racers. 9/10 Mines Skylines I've raced against are fans of using other cars as bumpers to slow them when they come into a corner too hot.

It's almost getting unbearable and making me want to play through the events again. Anyone else noticing this, or am I just paranoid now? :boggled:

You're not paronoid because the same thing goes for those driving the Lancer Evolution and sometimes the M3
 
Last edited:
I'm starting to run the HSR PP800 now, which actually lets the Tuned Vette flex it's skills more than PP750. Still issues with people hitting me, except now at least they wait until the last lap. Just frustrating that people cant run a measly 7 laps without turning it into ping pong.
 
Actually the Fords GTs are punters choice. I drive the Mines most of the time and I never punt.
 
Yea iv just started racing the mines skyline at suzuka 750pp and have been having the best racing since i got gt5p, but iv never had much of a problem with other racers in it not as much as the ford gt at daytona or the clio at suzuka.
 
honestly i cant control the Mines that well when i tune it to 750 i just end up off the track so i keep out of everyone's way lol, i'm also surprise the m3 is used in this class
 
:odd:Strange that punters should find the Mine's or M3 good for punting?:odd:
Let's face it if you were a punter what would you drive? Well I would Drive an Evo, simply because they are 4wd, which offers better takeoff and they are very easy to Drive and control. I can't say I have been punted by any car more than any other in particular, but then again I don't get punted much...I watch my mirror VERY CLOSELY when being followed:sly:. Since I have been doing so, I barely ever get punted...and trust me its not from the lack of trying by punters...I just dodge them when they try:D.
Take it easy;)
OnlineGT
 
It's not the car that does the punting, the driver does.
On every track online there are punters, some tracks there are more, some just a few.
Or when lucky, no punters.
Don't let them annoy you, just have some clean fun out there.
Or when it just gets too nasty, get back at their tails and get even.

Bryan
 
Those drivers bring shame to the Mine's R34.

I like to be the only one driving it when I'm online, Pro events.

I find R35 GTR drivers to be bad, and some Amuse S2000 drivers.
 
Anyone else noticing this, or am I just paranoid now? :boggled:

No, you're just generalising, a lot. Bad drivers drive all cars, just like good drivers drive all cars.
No-one should feel bad for driving the Mine's Skyline, same goes for any car. There are no unfair cars in this game, not utterly game breaking anyway. Once upon a time there was but that was fixed.
 
I don't also know why but last night on Fuji Speedway there were tons of NSX-Rs and not only did some ram others off the road but they cutted corners too big time
 
Its not what you use, its how you use it. Simple common cliche which answers it.
 
Zactly all about the drivers...

Mines R34 is a really quick car at Suzuka for me. "I" find it more safe than my usual Vette.
 
I saw gt lm test cars cheating in the grass at fuji what a shame
most off the time I race at suzuca in 700 pp and there are a lot of dirty guys
 
I saw gt lm test cars cheating in the grass at fuji what a shame
most off the time I race at suzuca in 700 pp and there are a lot of dirty guys

I can keep clear of punters at Suzuka a lot easier than those damned GT-R's at Fuji.

I'd rather be able to choose from both tho. 750 or (even better) 800pp please 👍
 
what ever car is most popular in a given event will be the one most likely to have a punter in it. I'm not say just because you drive the popular car for that event youre a punter, its just there not that stupid if the same car keeps beatting them they switch to it.


another perk to driving the blitzs ive seen them try to use it but its a hard car to drive so it usually dont work out to well for them and i get to go heheheheheheeh
 
I find this thread offensive.

I'm not a noob.

Like Ardius said."Bad drivers drive all cars, just like good drivers drive all cars."

No need to make a thread bashing Bad drivers. We all heard it and exprienced it first hand.
 
I find this thread offensive.

I'm not a noob.

Like Ardius said."Bad drivers drive all cars, just like good drivers drive all cars."

No need to make a thread bashing Bad drivers. We all heard it and exprienced it first hand.

Well I'm sorry you're offended by a thread, and a simple observation. All I said was most of the Mines R34's I see, are driven by bad drivers. I've raced with people who ram in other cars, it just seems the Mines is the most popular one to use among dirty racers.

I'm sorry, I forgot forums aren't for sharing personal experiences and thoughts. Don't know what I was thinking for having an opinion.
 
Opinion? Sure there's no problem with that but I see that your new and don't know that we have had several posts and threads talking about how bad drivers online can be.
They go on rants on how horrible drivers and punters are Blah Blah Blah...Threads like that usually end up locked.

Your new, so there's no problem. But now you know for future refrence.
 
Opinion? Sure there's no problem with that but I see that your new and don't know that we have had several posts and threads talking about how bad drivers online can be.
They go on rants on how horrible drivers and punters are Blah Blah Blah...Threads like that usually end up locked.

Your new, so there's no problem. But now you know for future refrence.

Wondered when you would discover this thread man, and its all good xLarkins ;), to explain it a bit more; Generalizing is sought of a "no fly zone" if you know what I mean:), yeah GTP has had some bad threads ragarding generalizing of Coutry's and Drivers, but those thread have been corrected to display where GTP stands on that subject.
Anyway with that aside,
WELCOME TO GTPLANET!!!:D:tup:
Take it easy guys,;)
OnlineGT
 
Last edited:
Well I'm sorry you're offended by a thread, and a simple observation. All I said was most of the Mines R34's I see, are driven by bad drivers. I've raced with people who ram in other cars, it just seems the Mines is the most popular one to use among dirty racers.

I'm sorry, I forgot forums aren't for sharing personal experiences and thoughts. Don't know what I was thinking for having an opinion.

Hmmm... you couldve worded it differently instead of blatantly saying almost all dirty drivers drive the Mines.... 💡
 
everyone talks about dirty drivers.. has anyone ever considered the difficulty of the car / track combo.?

im not a dirty driver at all, but when i try a new car /track combo i do miss a couple of braking points, i can only assume other people do aswell..

i bet if there was a pro even with the suzuki swift, i bet there would be less ' dirty drivers'
 
everyone talks about dirty drivers.. has anyone ever considered the difficulty of the car / track combo.?

im not a dirty driver at all, but when i try a new car /track combo i do miss a couple of braking points, i can only assume other people do aswell..

i bet if there was a pro even with the suzuki swift, i bet there would be less ' dirty drivers'

You could do some practice before you race online.👍
I personally never go online racing until I'm happy with how my chosen car is Handling, that way I'm not going to bump others, It also helps you have 100% focus to get to know the Cars characteristic's, that will help you improve it.;)
And regarding the Swift...wheel spin's not going to be an issue.:D
 
You could do some practice before you race online.👍
I personally never go online racing until I'm happy with how my chosen car is Handling, that way I'm not going to bump others, It also helps you have 100% focus to get to know the Cars characteristic's, that will help you improve it.;)


Very true... I do the same :) free run til I have a good feel for the car and then off to the races!
 
You could do some practice before you race online.👍
I personally never go online racing until I'm happy with how my chosen car is Handling, that way I'm not going to bump others, It also helps you have 100% focus to get to know the Cars characteristic's, that will help you improve it.;)
And regarding the Swift...wheel spin's not going to be an issue.:D


im with you 100% i will almost only go online once im happy with the car im driving, i think thats mostly because i like to score in the high ranks and nothing to do with me being incompetant at racing..

but impretty sure that 60% of the so called 'wreckers etc' are not really doing it on purpose.
 
I didn't make the thread to upset the Mine's fanboys, it was more of a rant because I just haven't seen so many dirty racers use one car. I think they just like it, because AWD is RWD with training wheels.

(The last bit is a joke, calm down)
 
im with you 100% i will almost only go online once im happy with the car im driving, i think thats mostly because i like to score in the high ranks and nothing to do with me being incompetant at racing..

but impretty sure that 60% of the so called 'wreckers etc' are not really doing it on purpose.
Yeah I think your right about the "wreckers etc" I have been bumped off a few times by people that had clearly lost control before they hit me(I watch my mirror alot), which indicates that it was an accident. However I don't usually wait for them, as it was not my fault. I just try to salvage whats left of my Race.:) I don't get punted much anymore, as I said I watch my mirror alot when being followed, it makes a big difference to how many times you get bumped off, even if you have to get over the ripple strip to avoid them, at least your car is still in one piece.👍
xLarkins
I didn't make the thread to upset the Mine's fanboys, it was more of a rant because I just haven't seen so many dirty racers use one car. I think they just like it, because AWD is RWD with training wheels.

(The last bit is a joke, calm down)
Yeah your alright man its no worry's!;)👍
Your right it would be easier for genuine nasty punters to punt in 4wd or Awd because they are fairly easy to drive.
Peace,:D
OnlineGT
 
Back