Mini Nurburgring

Downhill Dino

Premium
United States
Maryland
DownhillDinosaur
Has anyone been able to make one? Specifically Toscana Tarmac or Eifel Circuit? Toscana has some building arrangement and Eifel has a castle. So has anyone been able to build a track around them? Toscana's castle can be very easy to get the road near it, not sure about around.

By the way does this belong in Questions and Answers? Or does it really belong here?

Oh and do not say "There's a search bar" becuase I tried that and didn't get anything.

Kind of a moot point anyway because you can't really "create" tracks. It's more like a generator so it puts the track wherever and you just tweak a few settings. Making a near identical match to a real track is impossible.

Well I'm aware of all of that, but I'm asking if anyone had made (Or generated) a track that goes around the castle in the first place.

I made a track on Toscana that goes around one building and right between 2 others. It's pretty cool. I have a couple on Eifel that go right along the base of a castle, and even have another one on Eifel that goes by 3 different castles. 👍

3 castles?! I discovered the Eifel castle on the Ferrari F1 Seasonal Event race going into the first straight. It's quite far in the distance.

I think I have a track that encloses the castle! Not sure, so I'll have to check. If not I'm going to make one that does!

I made a track on Toscana that goes around one building and right between 2 others. It's pretty cool. I have a couple on Eifel that go right along the base of a castle, and even have another one on Eifel that goes by 3 different castles. 👍

i want to download your tracks...can you upload videos of you doing laps?

I'd like to see that too. If you can't, how long of a track is it? Curious becuase I can never seem to get a track over 3 miles... so far.

Mini Nurburgring

Has anyone been able to make one? Specifically Toscana Tarmac or Eifel Circuit? Toscana has some building arrangement and Eifel has a castle. So has anyone been able to build a track around them? Toscana's castle can be very easy to get the road near it, not sure about around.

Eifel would be the location for a "mini Nurburgring" since the real Nurburgring is actually in Eifel. The game's Eifel location is the Eifel Mountains, that include the Nurburgring and Nurburg Castle.

The main problem with making a mini-nurburg is that the trees disappear if the track goes anywhere near them. You never have trees along the sides like the ring.

The main problem with making a mini-nurburg is that the trees disappear if the track goes anywhere near them. You never have trees along the sides like the ring.

I guess that's where Toscana comes in. I have a track that has corners with tress lined around the outside of the corner.

Here are a few of my tracks (recorded on the iPhone 4, I don't have a capture card, sorry). I'll try to get a video of the one that has 3 different castles in it.

Toscana track that goes by multiple buildings (the field of view on the iPhone was limited and you can't quite see all the buildings. I'll try to get a better vid)

This one is a Hill-Climb time-trial course

This one has a cool downhill plunge about half way through

Here's one on Eifel Kart that shakes my wheel like a rattle-snake!

And here's one I custom made for the RM Cappuccino Cup, specifically with the RM Capp in mind. :)

Here are a few of my tracks (recorded on the iPhone 4, I don't have a capture card, sorry). I'll try to get a video of the one that has 3 different castles in it.

Toscana track that goes by multiple buildings (the field of view on the iPhone was limited and you can't quite see all the buildings. I'll try to get a better vid)

This one is a Hill-Climb time-trial course

This one has a cool downhill plunge about half way through

Here's one on Eifel Kart that shakes my wheel like a rattle-snake!

And here's one I custom made for the RM Cappuccino Cup, specifically with the RM Capp in mind. :)

WOW! THese look fun! How did you make them? (I am new to coursemaker)

Just lots of trial and error. I go into the course maker with a rough idea of a style of track or a couple features that I want in the track and just play around with it until I get something close. You can't try to be too specific because it doesn't give you that kind of control, but you can still have some sort of a "game plan" and end up with some very nice tracks.

I can lose myself for hours in the course maker, sometimes I'll just drive around on different layouts without even saving them because it's almost like taking a country drive sometimes. In fact, a portion of the tracks I do save are more for "driving" than "racing" and are meant to be more of a winding mountain road than a race track. But I have plenty of proper race tracks too. I believe I have right around 200 custom tracks saved. :)

Back