Minimum character requirement (for thread starts)

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 1 comments
Finland
Finland
Depending on the forum, there should be a minimum character requirement for first posts. I won't pinpoint where, but the lack of context and detail in first posts can lead to some...interesting discussions. More characters required would eliminate spam threads (such as below) and also force people into thinking what message they want to get across with enough to work off of.

Sometimes, though, a first post simply doesn't need much, and depending on the topic, such as a meme, having more characters would almost defeat the purpose of the thread's appearance.

And of course, having a minimum character requirement means exactly what it means, and it could be bypassed by just holding down a key for a good 10 seconds, but I'm sure a more sophisticated quality check could be put in place.

But, this would be better than nothing. I've also seen some bots starting threads, usually which have been quite short, but might pass a hypothetical limit.

Considering GTPlanet prides itself in being a sophisticated forum, I'm surprised this is not a thing. One reason why it doesn't exist is to not perhaps seem overly demanding for simply wanting to post, but...just my 2 cents.

spam.gif

Looking at my older threads, I admit I did not make lengthy first posts whatsoever, but the only defense I have is that there is no minimum character requirement. :lol:

Last edited:
Seeing the low post count(less than 10)
I would've assumed the mods would have to approve each post regardless of which subforum is being used.
This might be the easiest thing to implement.

Last edited:
Back