Minolta top speed project

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amac500
  • 18 comments
  • 1,098 views
Messages
2,327
United States
United States
Messages
Alex_Mac_
I am working on getting my minolta to the fast possible speed. I haven't been working for long but I got 263 MPH in a draft at the dream car chamionship race at Indy. Does anybody know how to improve acceleration without sacrifising top speed? Also how quick have you got your minolta up to? Any tips are welcomed! Thanks.
 
Also my quickest lap in it thus far was about 38.108 seconds, cornering easily at 225 mph. The only draft I had on that lap was getting up to 260 in the short span between the line and turn 1. But yes, I still would live advise on how to improve acceleration without hurting top speed. I figure it involves suspension but I could still use advise
 
I've topped out at 267mph a few times in the past. Change oil regularly to keep top speed high. On a straight road lifting the front suspension increases top speed and stiffening the rear springs helps with acceleration. However this may make the car slower on the turns.
 
I've topped out at 267mph a few times in the past. Change oil regularly to keep top speed high. On a straight road lifting the front suspension increases top speed and stiffening the rear springs helps with acceleration. However this may make the car slower on the turns.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. What kind of lap will your set up turn?
 
I haven't tried the set up on Indy yet. As long as it can get round the first turn without losing too much speed it should work.

If you haven't noticed it theres a glitch with the Minolta. If you use the 'follow' view you'll see the drivers head appear through the side window.
 
272mph, more to come, be back in a min
(edit) 284mph.......more yet
(edit) 285mph, might be it, started to bounce the revs, i've not done an engine rebuild yet
 
Last edited:
272mph, more to come, be back in a min
(edit) 284mph.......more yet
(edit) 285mph, might be it, started to bounce the revs, i've not done an engine rebuild yet

Once you get it please post your set up! Also what track are you testing on?
 
So far the best minolta set-up I personal have got is to adjust the transmission for a top speed of 267, and taking the front ride height and rear spring rate as high as possible. That is with all the things you can add in tuning shop. But I know there is far more untapped speed and I still havn't rebuilt the chassis and engine. There is still better out there!
 
286mph, a bit more as i was watching the speedo and clipped the car i was slipstreaming
 
What effects is there on adjust the front and rear down force on acceleration/ top speed?
 
the track is special stage 7 from the practice tracks, very easy to hit 280+, obviously choose one make race to get the slip from other minotas
290mph should be possible, maybe 300mph?
 
So you just adjust the transmission and went?
 
yep, wacked the tranny highest, all air off, and lowered it max and 0.0 for the toe on the suspension

p2763000.jpg


just before i wacked the car in front
 
Last edited:
yep, wacked the tranny highest, all air off, and lowered it max and 0.0 for the toe on the suspension

p2763000.jpg


just before i wacked the car in front

What do you mean by all air off?
 
downforce lowest front and rear, i just did 290mph :) , it could go over 300
 
downforce lowest front and rear, i just did 290mph :) , it could go over 300

Way 2 go! I did the same on downforce. I'm going to try to bet an X1 time at indy
 
Go online, get a friend in an X2010 to pace you up to 300 mph. Duh!
 
you'll beat any highest speed set on race tracks here as they don't have the length of straights, the trick is catching the other cars at the right time
 
My best is to 291mph (converted from KPH), though I definitely think 300 mph is do able.
Rich S has the right Idea I think.
Go online, get a friend in an X2010 to pace you up to 300 mph. Duh!
 
Back