Minor bug: Occasional crashes after oil change

• Thread starter TonyLomas
  • 3 comments
TonyLomas
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this little bug.
Sometimes when I do an oil change on my car the game just crashes with a black screen after the 'work complete' message.

I cannot consistently reproduce it, however, it does only seem to happen when I rush.
The menu remembers that I did an oil change previously and the cursor defaults to that option.
So if I go into 'Car Maintenance...' and quickly click on oil change before my car is rendered and displayed, that is when it usually happens.
The screen stays black and the car doesn't ever load.

If I delay slightly and let the car appear first, then it never goes wrong.

I have only noticed this since version 1.40 but it could have been there forever.
Also, my car has a custom livery so that might be why it is slow to be rendered.

I’ve seen certain cars take longer to load visually if they have a very ”busy” livery applied with tons of images, and it can kind of stutter for a fraction of a second if I try to move faster than it can load like you’re doing, but never had it come up as black screen. I’m assuming based on your signature you’re on PS5 as well, so it seems strange you’d have that issue.

I cannot consistently reproduce it, however, it does only seem to happen when I rush.
"Well, there's your problem"
Adam Savage - MythBusters

My suggestion is do not rush, if you are on a PS4 like me, you need to learn patience...

Back