minor miracles

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 10 comments
  • 496 views
Messages
5,716
as alot of people her know, one of my major hurdles in gt3 is not the game it self but the distractions...
I have made a few threads about the topic like when I my duaghter interupted a race to tell me that she thought she had lost her watch some time during her sleep.... CRASH!!!!


well, this mornin i was running the beginners 80s cup, when my other half purposely interupter by getting a chair, sitting next to me and using my lap as a foot rest while talking to me...
it was only a 2 lapper so i continued.... wiped out on a corner to get pushed to 6th place and in 1.5 laps fought my way up to 2nd, 2 secs behing the leader :)

how that for determination? :D
 
I think the more 'miraculous' thing is that you didn't kill your other half!
 
determination in the game and luck in life.. the other half is a blessing and not a burden...lol.
 
Originally posted by vat_man
I think the more 'miraculous' thing is that you didn't kill your other half!
Heh, I was thinking something along those same lines. If my better (<- now that I think about it...) half came up to me and did that to me, I'd pause the race, stand up, pick her up, take her out of the room and lock the door. ;)
 
hehehe. you guys are bad, my other half come first always...
 
My othe rhalf has frowned upon GT3 in more ways than one.

When she used to interupt, I would hit puase then give her a blank stare while she talked. When she finished, I would state "That's nice" and return to playing. It got my point across, but more times than not she'd be upset at me afterwards.

What I do know is asnever play when she's around. Tends to keep her happier. And to top it all off, she's a bit more lenient with my play time.

Good luck getting your other halves trained. :D

AO
 
Although my laps do tend to suffer when conversing with my other half, so what? It's just a game.

I most frequently play when the kids are in bed, and the wife is occupied with a book, email, or Game Boy Advance. Since she's concentrating too it's not an issue. I don't usually run Enduros that way, though; I wait till she's asleep then I do a little caffeine loading and go for it.

I've knocked off 7 Time Trials and the second half of the Arcade races in the last week or so while she's been playing Pokemon Ruby on the couch. It makes for good companionship as well as individual activities.
 
actually, better half is prolly not the right term.
shh... dont tell my other half that i said that! ;)

got a first place, second and third this mornin with my daughter talking to me :)

doesnt worry me, as someone said here, "it's just a game" :)
 
Back