Minty's Photo Gallery - A More Classic Kind of Beauty

• Thread starter Minty
  • 49 comments
So I recently bought a BRZ, so first thing I did was buy one in Forza, tune it, and then took it out for some photos:

I was going to upload these last week, but with the new track coming out I decided to wait and see what I would have to work with. The sun position on the track isn't ideal for racing, but it's amazing for photos:

Also, being able to see first hand how accurate this game's models are is really awesome.
GetPhoto (7).jpg

1525031_787380621273417_1609589314_n.jpg

Congrats on the purchase! Unfortunately, I'll need to seize it for reasons out of my control. :P

I'll have it back to you the first of next... in 2016.

So as it turns ou I have the impulse control of a 10 year old on a sugar high when it comes to something as flashy and fun as Pagani, so instead of spreading my next 2 million out on a bunch of cars, I went and got this:

It's as good to drive as it is to look at.

I have to agree, that car is incredible to drive, I finally bought it a few days ago and maxed it out, to my surprise it did not ruin the car. Perfect for "trail blazing" down La Sarthe.

I've gotta say these shots are borderline ridiculous! Especially that last one with the interior, shades sitting on the dash.... dayeeeemmmm!!!

Would have been very impressive to see detail like that while driving... but oh well. Maybe it's a blueprint for FM6 :D.

Congrats on the purchase! Unfortunately, I'll need to seize it for reasons out of my control. :P

I'll have it back to you the first of next... in 2016.

Thanks.

And sorry, it took me until just yesterday to let my best friend of 18 years to drive it. :P

The more I see these shots the more it makes me want to get an X1 JUST for FM5. Though it won't be the best experience connecting to the internet, buying an Xlive membership, downloading tracks/car packs etc.

Don't have a very good internet connection. However, if T10 plans to release something like a FM5 Ultimate Edition in future with all the goodies, I'd be very inclined to get the console + game!

Sigh... life just isn't fair *Swerves wheel and careens off a cliff*

I've wanted to drive my personal car(even long before getting the BRZ) around the Nurburgring ever since I first drove around it in Forza 2, so finally being able to do so on such an acurate version of the track in such an accurate version of my car made the entire Xbox and Forza purchase wort it in an of itself. I've never done so many laps in a stock car before.

I need to wire mine so the eyebrows are always on, like they are in the game. The actual DRLs are down below.

Finally, a track with lighting that means I'm able to get a good top-down shot.

I have actually had dreams about doing this in real life.

Is it just me, or is the grass actually better looking on this track than the others? Or maybe that's just as a result of the improved lighting.

I love the way she lifts her butt through the corners. :D

And I couldn't just leave it at one car, so I was planning on making an enormous photo dump for an enormous track, but instead I've just got a few and really want to post them now, so here's my CLK GTR I've been meaning to get shots of:

And I'm in the process of tuning this Challenger for B class and it's actually working really well so far:

And the McLaren F1 is a serious handful on this track, but once tuned well it's great for handling well while still being a beast on the straights:

EDIT: Also, this:

Last edited:
Great update, and it was a good read too 👍

Out of all of them, the first challenger photo would happen to be my favorite. It has a very realistic feel.

How did you flip? I haven't even gotten close to doing that yet haha

@Minty, these shots are fantastic. I find it very eye-pleasing how The Nurb (yes, I love calling it that) has come to life in FM5.

Just deviating for a second here: aside from the accurate car modelling, how accurate are the performance/handling characteristics, particularly the engine & exhaust notes, compared to your real life BRZ?

@Minty, these shots are fantastic. I find it very eye-pleasing how The Nurb (yes, I love calling it that) has come to life in FM5.

Just deviating for a second here: aside from the accurate car modelling, how accurate are the performance/handling characteristics, particularly the engine & exhaust notes, compared to your real life BRZ?

Thanks, and it is a fantastic track.

The stock sounds are pretty spot on, I just wish the exhaust kits made it sound as throaty as it does with the muffler taken off IRL. The handling is incredibly accurate, though. Ive only pushed her to near her limits once or twice IRL, but it still just felt accurate the way the back swings out a bit without breaking free easily.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic. I think, maybe, you should get a wheel.

Although we may never see you again... :lol:

Great update. No hope of getting my car in Forza - it was once in Metropolis Street Racer and Sega GT 2002 - so it must be amazing to have the digital and analogue experience so to speak.

Great shots, Minty.

Great update, and it was a good read too 👍

Out of all of them, the first challenger photo would happen to be my favorite. It has a very realistic feel.

How did you flip? I haven't even gotten close to doing that yet haha

It took some doing, but just the right angle heading sideways into the sand took it over. First couple times it flipped I landed on the wheels, too.

Looks fantastic. I think, maybe, you should get a wheel.

Although we may never see you again... :lol:

Oh, I'll definitely be getting a wheel once I have the cash to spare. And you're right, no one will ever see or hear from me again. :lol:

And I recently fell in love with the Zagato in A class:

I use to think it was sort of ugly, but it is absolutely stunning without that enormous aero-kit on it.

I really wish I would have remembered to rotate the camera so the Forza logo wasn't in the way, but the detail on the exhaust is incredible...

I'm normally not one for blunt-nosed designs, but this thing's curves make it work so well.

Turns out going the wrong way on the 'Ring opens up a load of new uses for lighting and angles.

It's such a quick car, I can't get enough of it, especially not on the 'Ring.

When that thing first released as DLC for FM4, I was all over it. Loved it in S-class. I think it looks damn beautiful, even with the Aero(although if you use it, it needs a nice race Livery, to go along with its looks.)

Very nice update, the first and last happen to be my favorite. The one when your going backwards has a nice idea to it, but just seems a bit to dark.

Very nice update, the first and last happen to be my favorite. The one when your going backwards has a nice idea to it, but just seems a bit to dark.

Yeah, as soon as I got it onto my computer I realized it was too dark. I might retake it, some time.

For now, here's mah GT40 that I recently tuned, and I tried to do make some stuff a little...brighter.

I love that you can see the shadow being cast by the camera on top of the lift.

Still practicing with out of focus subjects, but I think I'm getting better.

As beautiful as the track is, I wish the tree line was a little more randomized in the distance. I most hid it with aperture, though.

I was playing around on this track with a "stupid-car" when I noticed how good the lighting was on this section. Came back with the GT40 with this shot specifically in mind.

Initially my plan with this was to make it a car that handles with finesse, but I found that I could put down better times by tuning it for oversteer and putting those enormous tires on the rear to work keeping it in line on the way out of a corner. It's also much more fun to drive, this way.

EDIT: Forgot my favorite one:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back