• Thread starter Minty
  • 9 comments

Minty

<((_CRAYOLA__(()
Premium
United States
Pasadena, MD
Minty TS
So I've been practicing with photos and calibrated my TV to try and get the exact results I want, and I have no idea how large some of my photo sets might end up being, so I figured I should make a thread.

First set is gonna be from a tuning session that took about an hour for each car, with the current best offerings of muscle from the "Big Three" American auto makers. The Camaro Z/28, Hellcat Charger, and GT350R. I've actually managed to make them all actually pretty decent for S Class racing on tracks like COTA and Road America, so if you want to check them out my GT is Minty TS.

Anyway, here's the first set:

COTA Camaro by MintyTS, on Flickr
This thing has by a wide margin the best brakes of any of these cars, and even outbrakes some of my more handling-oriented S class cars.

Camaro in the Corner by MintyTS, on Flickr
This thing actually handles the best of the 3, and sounds the best too, but I think that's because the GT350 is much quieter than it should be.

Camaro Straight by MintyTS, on Flickr
None of these 3 are slow by any means, but the Camaro isn't quite as fast as the other 2. But it sure does look good on that straight.

COTA Mustang by MintyTS, on Flickr
My favorite to drive, it's a great balance between speed and cornering ability, and if it weren't for the volume, would sound the best of the bunch.

Backfire Mustang by MintyTS, on Flickr
I've never seen backfire this good in a game before, and I love it.

White Wheels by MintyTS, on Flickr
I'm a sucker for white wheels and bright paint on the right car.

COTA Challenger by MintyTS, on Flickr
Even with the power this thing comes with stock, I was able to get all the handling bits available without going over S Class, and it actually does pretty well.

Winding out of the Straight by MintyTS, on Flickr
Nothing looks good on this car quite like that classic orange.

Hellcat in the Corners by MintyTS, on Flickr
I really love the way it looks when the dust gets kicked up around this track. I just wish it weren't in the exact same spot every lap.

I like the use of the 3 main Muscle contenders! I think My favorite from the bunch would happen to be the First of the Z/28. You used just enough aperture, but not to much that it takes away from the banner in the back!

I've been quite tempted to buy the Z/28. I know I can afford both, but I'm pulled between the GT350r and that.

Thanks. And that one is actually my second personal favorite behind the in-focus wheel shot, but that's because I have a soft spot for white wheels.

Tesla Home by MintyTS, on Flickr
Kind of bothered by the watermark, but I'm in love with this car, even if it makes for a terrible race car. It makes for pretty good fun in tag when I feel like doing something silly, though.

Tesla Flags by MintyTS, on Flickr
I'm also hugely impressed with this track. It's pretty fun to race on, but it looks unbelievable.

Tesla Rio by MintyTS, on Flickr
The colors on this place stand out so much yet feel so real. It's fantastic to just cruise around on.

And now, in fitting with my title, here is every single Formula E car:
FE6 by MintyTS, on Flickr
These are surprisingly fun to drive, after how boring I found them in Forza 5. A little tail-happy in the rain, but still enjoyable.

FE2 by MintyTS, on FlickrFE9 by MintyTS, on Flickr
FE10 by MintyTS, on Flickr
FE23 by MintyTS, on Flickr
FE11 by MintyTS, on Flickr
FE55 by MintyTS, on Flickr
FE99 by MintyTS, on Flickr
FE2127 by MintyTS, on Flickr

So yeah, this post may be a little heavy, but I had to idea to use all the Formula E cars, and started running out of ideas for shots about halfway through, but I wasn't about to let that stand in my way of getting this done.

While I like the layout in shot 3, I feel one thing could of been tweaked in the shot. And that is the aperture since in my view it would of looked better with a higher aperture.

Thanks, that was definitely my favorite of the Formula E set.

And I did consider using a little more aperture, but I was actually pretty happy with the background being a little more in-focus.

Also, I decided to play with overexposure and saturation at night, and the skies in this game actually look really nice.
BRZ RVB by MintyTS, on Flickr

Nurb Red by MintyTS, on Flickr

Nurb Blue by MintyTS, on Flickr

675 RVB by MintyTS, on Flickr

The one with the Alfa looked much smoother, but for some reason I am very, very bad at getting the camera into the glitch spot, so I couldn't do a retake but still really liked the angle.

I am super impressed with the lighting at night in this game. When cruising on Sebring looking for a shot I noticed the glow of cities over the horizon, fitting with Florida's almost total lack of elevation changes.

Beautiful night shots. Sebring night is nice because as you say, parts of it are lighter than others.

Back