• 3 comments

D-Mind

GT7 Addict (fka Rayquaza)
Premium
Netherlands
The Netherlands
djdmind
Hi Guys,

Google and the search functions didn't deliver, so an oldschool user just comes back to his favorite forum to ask this question. 😎🙏

Obviously i'm still grinding Sardegna as it's the only mildly amusing grind option. I missed my pitstop, so thought i'd reverse my car and enter it anyways, but i got reset on the track? Had to do an entire lap at 80 km/h afterwards..

Is this just a coding issue or am i just missing a vital racing rule here?

Grtz,
Patrick / Rayquaza

Is this just a coding issue or am i just missing a vital racing rule here?
It's sort of both. Once you pass the very next mini-split (when your gap to the car/ghost ahead updates) you can't go back before it unless the game resets you. And, in real life, you're not allowed to reverse on an active race track except to recover the car to the circuit from an incident - such as if the nose is too close to a solid object to permit recovery using forward gears.

It's sort of both. Once you pass the very next mini-split (when your gap to the car/ghost ahead updates) you can't go back before it unless the game resets you. And, in real life, you're not allowed to reverse on an active race track except to recover the car to the circuit from an incident - such as if the nose is too close to a solid object to permit recovery using forward gears.

That definitely makes sense. I messed it up myself but felt like reversing a few meters with nobody in sight would'nt hurt. Thank you for your swift answer!

I don't think there has even been a moment in real racing where a driver would reverse back to the pits from the pitlane exit :lol:

Back