Missing fun/novelty components

Germany
Germany
Hello all,

I really miss the quirky novelty events in GTS like the coffee breaks, moon car driving and even max speed test and quarter mile drag races. They have been great ways to take off the edge between intense races and just simply mess around in the game a little bit.

Anyone else share that sentiment?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read that there is some truck race thing that sounds like dicking about.
I'd rather PD keep it all mature and sensible to reflect the attitude to be continued into sports mode.

there are 'better equiped' games for dicking about, I've not tried them, but I'm guessing NFS would be up there.

No.

But I do miss having fun in other ways, like this:

Everytime I watch or think of this, it reminds me how far backwards this game has gone, in terms of fun.

My coffee breaks were close to untouched, moon driving was done once for novelty value (I could never understand why it was in the game...) and the only place max speed runs could be done was a town sized oval where you'd spend minutes listening to high revs and making your ears bleed.

Nope. I don't miss them at all.

No.

But I do miss having fun in other ways, like this:

Everytime I watch or think of this, it reminds me how far backwards this game has gone, in terms of fun.

I'm going to try to replicate this in VR later, maybe using the F40 though.

Edit : ahh I see what you mean, despite it feeling like I managed a couple of corners without spinning into fail, when I looked at the out of car replay - it looked really dull :indiff:

However, if there was lots of tire smoke - then it would be difficult to see where the road is, if following a couple a cars burning rubber in a race.

Last edited:
The best dicking around game is the Forza horizon games. It is also the only reason I still keep an xbox. Poor old xbox.

i did enjoy the moon stuff. i think the vgt stuff is pretty fun too, some of the cars are seriously designed but stuff like chapparal and tomahawk are pretty unique

Hello all,

I really miss the quirky novelty events in GTS like the coffee breaks, moon car driving and even max speed test and quarter mile drag races. They have been great ways to take off the edge between intense races and just simply mess around in the game a little bit.

Anyone else share that sentiment?

While some of these were fun, for most they were a case of do once and never repeat. I did however rerun the Goodwood events a few times and also did the Sierra time trials a lot in different cars.

I see a lot of top speed videos from GT Sport on the net using the Tokyo track, so I do think that it would be a popular addition if they added the long oval track from the last game or even High Speed Ring which gets a lot of mention on wishlists.

If they are going to keep adding cars for a prolonged period, the more things and events that can be repeated the better, in my opinion.

The difficulty they have i think is the understandable intention to focus on the Sport Mode since that is what the game is aimed at, but the reality is most players won't go online regularly in practice.

The existing custom races in Arcade are a good alternative to Sport mode for using new cars when released, for example. Adding a top speed track would add to that functionality for new cars in my opinion.

Back