Missing gear shift?PS4 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 7 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
I always race full lenght, with damages and real aids only.

A couple of times it happened to me like if i shifted a gear and the gear didn't "ingrain" skipping it so you have to shift it back again.

i.e. on last laps of my first race in gt4 on the main race (the long one) a couple of times i did shift from 4rd to 4th only to stay in 3rd on high revs and shifting again it went to 4th. It happened to me in ginetta's Gt5 car too.

Is this a simulation of clutch being worn out, a mistake from the driver, or a just a new random bug? Or maybe i damaged the clutch or gears somehow while racing?

So are you using a clutch and shifter? Clutch and paddle? Auto Clutch?

As for real aids that is a nice touch in the game but it doesn't really quite do it as you can still use auto clutch in every thing where as a lot of the cars in real life would not have an auto clutch.

I also use the real aides option but I generally turn off the TC ASM and ABS even if the car does have it, some of the higher end cars I may leave the TC on when they have it.

Haven't played with a T300 but if it is anything like the ones I have used it is not that uncommon to have the paddle to miss a shift now and then or even double shift depending on the wheel and how firmly/quickly you hit the paddle

Haven't played with a T300 but if it is anything like the ones I have used it is not that uncommon to have the paddle to miss a shift now and then or even double shift depending on the wheel and how firmly/quickly you hit the paddle
I'm sure it was not the wheel or paddle loosing a gear, it was more like something "ingame" than in RL....

Happened to me in ginetta gt5 and astom martin v8 gt4 so far...

Could it be clutch damage due to too fast downshifting or shifting with too high Revs, or something like that?

I haven't ran into any issues with the GT5 thus far. I think I am up to round 4 in the GT5 series at this point. I am also running full damage and using auto clutch and paddles for racing with TCS ABS and ASM all off. Just using the driving line to learn the new tracks a bit quicker and auto clutch for now.

Back