Missing inertia of tachometer?

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 7 comments
The new nissans like the GT-R and this do have fast accurate tachs... if you watch some other videos of real life of both cars youll notice that it is quick..

but yes, they do look quite fast in the game, and i doubt they would have given physics to the tach needle.

Its just a tach guys. Would you want PD to spend time developing the physics calculations for the tach (and not to mention the reqired processing power during gameplay), or have that effort going into the cars actual driving calculations (with a full dashboard that works perfectly fine).

Its a videogame for christ sake. An extremely realistic one at that but don't expect absolute perfection. GT5 will be close to perfect I'm sure, but never 100%

Its just a tach guys. Would you want PD to spend time developing the physics calculations for the tach (and not to mention the reqired processing power during gameplay), or have that effort going into the cars actual driving calculations (with a full dashboard that works perfectly fine).

Its a videogame for christ sake. An extremely realistic one at that but don't expect absolute perfection. GT5 will be close to perfect I'm sure, but never 100%

At this point, I would expect someone to come on here and ask about the accuracy of your pit crew eating and drinking, along with the tripping physics of crowds scrambling to get out of the way of your car.

Back